Frenemies! (or enemies)

Can enemies (or frenemies) add to the RP experience if done well?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Can enemies (or frenemies) add to the RP experience if done well?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*clears throat*

Vance Garen- This man beat Bri in the Golden Fists fight. Not by skill. Nope. BY THROWING SAND! YUP! Lets throw sand at a blind person to blind them! She knows the three hit rule and she was obviously furious to lose to a man who was apologizing and trying to keep his distance from her. Why join a fighting tournament if you are afraid to fight?

Can we get together and have have an anit-fanclub meeting? :thumbsup:

*clears throat*

Vance Garen- This man beat Bri in the Golden Fists fight. Not by skill. Nope. BY THROWING SAND! YUP! Lets throw sand at a blind person to blind them! She knows the three hit rule and she was obviously furious to lose to a man who was apologizing and trying to keep his distance from her. Why join a fighting tournament if you are afraid to fight?

Can we get together and have have an anit-fanclub meeting? :thumbsup:

*fistbump*

Oh, yes. L'yhta has a number of enemies despite my being friends with their players. :)

Just a few minutes ago L'yhta left the room that a visitor to the tower, Karaki Crystalis, happened to be in. She avoids him generally, since every time she talks to him she just gets angry -- it doesn't help that he's fairly tribal and she actively rejects that lifestyle! She has similar feelings for M'holi Bajhiri as well, and in the past, she clashed rather badly with some members of the Tower who wanted more security, more secrecy, and stricter rules.

R'elend Tia. If Eleni got a chance to kill the man, she wouldn't think twice, or maybe even once! :o

That said, Nat herself is an awesomazing  (awesome + amazing, should I coin this or something?) person. I don't know her that much, and I haven't interacted with her much, but she's really cool and famous, and I'd love to chat and interact more if it were possible.

I think that she is inclined to respect her rivals, so even her enemies don't really draw real hatred out of her. Virara may not genuinely be capable of that kind of loathing, only anger. She could possibly develop a heated rivalry. I'd actually really like that. But ultimately, I think it'd just become friendly after a certain point, if still competitive.

I guess Koporo made kind of a bad impression on her, but it's nothing irredeemable. She had another Lala rival for one afternoon. The major rivalry Virara has is with an NPC, and that means most PC rivalries will by necessity be overshadowed until it resolves itself.

Oh dear. That's pretty much the default position. Without the fr- of course.

She does try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but she has so many issues, most people open their mouths and Qhora already hates them, or she'll be genuinely surprised not to hate them when they open their mouths, and ten minutes later, she hates them.

It makes her job easy, though, and gives her something to write about.

Well for Jin'li, life is his enemy so if you are alive, he will kill you. But kindly. Ask Franz. :P

For Askier we had:

Delail Grinding.  Soooooo much was she the person he loved to hate.

Kahn'a Od'hilkas: They were friends and then their relationship degraded into bickering and stabbing each other all the time but still working together and hanging out. Cats are weird.

Grieving Hound: Another friend turned enemy, mostly cause Askier suddenly hated roes after he went crazy.

For Ki: 

Yeah pretty much everyone wants to at least punch him.after he gets three sentences out.

Well for Jin'li, life is his enemy so if you are alive, he will kill you. But kindly. Ask Franz. :P

For Askier we had:

Delail Grinding.  Soooooo much was she the person he loved to hate.

Kahn'a Od'hilkas: They were friends and then their relationship degraded into bickering and stabbing each other all the time but still working together and hanging out. Cats are weird.

Grieving Hound: Another friend turned enemy, mostly cause Askier suddenly hated roes after he went crazy.

For Ki: 

Yeah pretty much everyone wants to at least punch him.after he gets three sentences out.

Jin'li uses a very gentle stab. He doesn't want death to be painful or slow. It's meant to be "freeing", like floating on a bunch of feathers in the wind. And then you bleed to death!

On the more serious note of enemies:

1. Jin'li Epinoch tops the list for a number of reasons. Insane, thoughtlessly cruel, and with a habit of making everything personal. Once Osric learns that the albino runt yet lives, well... Jin'li will get his fill of freedom.

2. Adin Adonis. Root cause of most of the recent downward trends of Osric's life, starting with and courtesy of blackmailing a certain Garlean Miqo'te into trying to blow up Ul'dah with a high-yield ceruleum bomb.

3. Jameson Taeros. The epitome of Monetarist ideology. Like most low-born and/or low-class folk, Osric hates the metaphorical boot on his neck keeping him, and others, down. He'd rather consent to be governed than be bled and forced to submit. That Taeros and others of his ilk go about parading themselves as a lesser of evils, as gentlemen of business and class and morals, amounts to the sort of behavior and lack of honesty that enrages the sergeant.

4. Raelissane Banurein. A mysterious name dropped by former-foe-turned-frenemy Delial Grimsong. Possibly Garlean? Possibly another reason for pointless suffering? Osric hates schemers. Yes, he's aware that that's hypocritical. He hates himself, too. Haven't you been paying attention?

5. Natalie Mcbeef. A personification of chaos whose stumbling through politics hurt a great many of Osric's friends and acquaintances. And that was before she threw in with Taeros.

5. Coatleque Crofte. So much potential for a fresh start and an honest Order. Squandered due to weakness and corruption. Any animosity between the sergeant and this Sultansworn ultimately comes down to unfortunate circumstance.

For Ki: 

The general reaction after said three sentences seems to be, "I hate him already. Can we stab him yet?"

Where do I even begin?

Kage.

This is what I mean about Franz being on Kage's list. Seriously, the lalafell did nothing to him and this guy right here just makes the tiny guy's life hell (for a period).

And it all started right here. And this can be parsed for some more detail.

completely off-topic: This character's almost been around for a whole IRL year!

*clears throat*

Lottie Forsaidh- She wants to beat this woman down, kick her in the breasts, beat her some more, fart on her face, and then feed her to goblins. She cannot stand this woman. She believes her to hide behind others while running her mouth and to be too prissy. (Sorry Nate! 3)

Oh, we know what YOU want.

Of course, Bri kind of already had Nate as one of these, in an odd fashion, especially lately. It remains an interesting question whether Nathan actually lacks any fighting skills... or whether a guy who spent well over year all by himself, wandering The Shroud, sleeping outdoors more often than not, in a woods filled to bursting with hostile beasts and hostile poachers, might actually know a little more about playing rough than he sees fit to let on.

bards-demotivational-poster-1193217739.jpg

Who knows? :angel:

*clears throat*

Lottie Forsaidh- She wants to beat this woman down, kick her in the breasts, beat her some more, fart on her face, and then feed her to goblins. She cannot stand this woman. She believes her to hide behind others while running her mouth and to be too prissy. (Sorry Nate! 3)

Oh, we know what YOU want.

Of course, Bri kind of already had Nate as one of these, in an odd fashion, especially lately.  It remains an interesting question whether Nathan actually lacks any fighting skills... or whether a guy who spent well over year all by himself, wandering The Shroud, sleeping outdoors more often than not, in a woods filled to bursting with hostile beasts and hostile poachers, might actually know a little more about playing rough than he sees fit to let on.

bards-demotivational-poster-1193217739.jpg

Who knows? :angel:

We shall see! Bri just can't stand the woman and well. You've already read how she feels about Nate in all of this!

*raises ale*

Fillion Fineas.

Garlean game master turned Co-worker.

Fillion is a man without fear and sees everything as a high stakes game. He's stabbed people (Armi once), drugged them, almost killed her boyfriend-at-the-time (Which caused their inevitable break up when he couldn't deal with almost dying), kidnapped the man she thinks of as a father figure, sicked his sisters on her friends, and had his legion of allies try to destroy everyone.

Why? Because it was a game. He wanted to see how these "filthy" Eorzeans would react.

The NB killed his sisters, and his second in command overthrew him - dismantling most of his power - he barely reacted at all. And when they went to finally put him down...

An even bigger threat appeared that he could help stop and now he's working WITH them.

She hates it, but Fillion likes to pretend he and her are friends. He asks her questions about Eorzea, tries to get her to teach him how to talk to them. And she has to go along with it because everyone knows he can help.

At least for now.

I have exactly one enemy, and of course it's a lalafell. I can't quite recall the name, but Mishka and I were dining at the Quicksand with our favorite lalafell pirate, Captain Brownie, when she showed up. She came up and interrupted our conversation, saying she'd lost her hat and insisting that we help her find it. 

Now, that by itself is a reasonable request. A missing hat can be very distressing, I understand. I remembered that Captain Brownie didn't have a lady lalafell for himself yet, so I decided this would be a perfect opportunity. I mean, he's a lalafell, she's a lady lalafell, it was perfect, right? So Mishka and I insisted that the two of them get married. But she wouldn't do it! She didn't realize how lucky she'd be to marry an accomplished mariner like Captain Brownie, and she started using mean words and going on about that dumb hat! Well I had a hat with me that was way better than what she was describing, so I gave it to her. And you know what? She wouldn't wear it! She finally put it on after I forced it on her head, but the moment she thought I wasn't looking, she took it off! Then she called Captain Brownie ugly and said we were stupid! I hate that dumb lalafell :x

Sano has a habit/talent for pissing others off... toss it up to his prickly nature and lack of patience for BS. That or it just may be that the man has difficulty telling when he's being picked with and picked on... As it stands the list of people he truly dislikes is rather short.

Vance Garen: Vance came across as a friendly if not bumbling sort to Sano. The two struck up a conversation and appeared to be on the road to being friends as he'd ended up picking with Vance over his pining for the "Most Beautiful Woman in all of Eorzea" that he couldn't remember the name of. Then Sano's sister Miria came along and Vance's eye was caught. Despite warnings and threats of violence, the man wooed and won over Miri... even after Sano spoke to her about rumors of Vance being a womanizer.  It all played out as he'd feared when the man stood her up for the bill for dinner and two stolen bottles of wine in Limsa...and being a man of his word Sano saught Vance out to make good on his promise. To date he's limited it to loosening a few of Vance's teeth and attempting to castrate him with his boot. But who knows what may lay ahead as these two's paths cross..

Lottie Forsaidh: Initially Sano liked her well enough and accepted her as one of Nate's closest. However that moment quickly soured when she all but accused him of sleeping around on his then mate Zara. Her tendency to jump to conclusions without actually knowing the situation annoyed him... and her mouthing off didn't help . Mild annoyance has slid completely into loathing on sight. As Sano refuses to strike a woman unless his life is in mortal peril, he simply avoids her like the plague. Sadly that tends to mean he avoids Nate as well.. 

Honorable mentions:

Coatleque Crofte: Sheez.. get arrested one time over a mistake and the woman takes an instant dislike to you. Honestly Sano has no issue with Crofte, he's just heard she hates him though nobody seems to tell him why exactly. So he simply avoids the woman and the rest of her Sworn ..

L'vi Lyrre: Yet another who hates Sano without really having reason... *taps his chin* Well she may actually have a reason, but it's more due to a misinterpretation of events rather than him doing anything to her. Given what he knows of her and her "organization" ... he's less than impressed or inclined to clear things up.