Your Character's Theme Song - {Hard Mode}

Music is a fantastic storytelling format and one that often gets overlooked; music can express so much more than words when used properly, and can tell a story with so much more emotion. 

Post a link to a song that you feel encompases your character or tells their story,

But!

It cannot be a song that has lyrics. It must be a purely instrumental, ambient, or environmental piece.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually harder for me to find a theme for X'Septha with lyrics than without, so this is a breeze. I had a better song, but I've actually forgotten the name so here's a substitute.

sz18YsitFBw

As for my reason of choice: On the outside she appears quite calm and collected, her only emotion shown when speaking is just grumpiness. Yet as you go inside her, be it the mind or the soul or whatever, you'll realise she's not calm and collected. There is a constant conflict, constant chaos going on between two sides that are both equally right.

I find it rather difficult to choose -one- song for my character. However, if I had to choose just one.

[video=youtube]

This has enough energy to fit Kiht in action, but also has some phases of gentle melody to fit the calmer times. I think it represents her duality quite well.

Aside form that, the theme also fits her theme. She is a forest-born huntress always trying to walk her own path... And rescue rebel princesses from wealthy, charismatic villains...

HVJGh51wR7k

I feel like the music represents Lacey's background with the Garlean Empire and the trauma they inflicted on her. It has moments of quiet, bursting into loudness, much like her ninja class- silence and then sudden violence. Also the hard industrial sound represents the Empire in general really well in my opinion.

I'm gonna kinda cheat here because I can't think of any instrumentals that fit with my character, though this song isn't picked because of the lyrics i picked it for the tone and emotion of the song. 

0rykzxxcsRM

I picked this song because ignoring the lyrics it seems to have a tone of regret and acceptance which, to me, reflects how my character feels about her life, she doesn't like her vigilante type life, but she accepts it because it's all she's ever known and she feels that even if she's not happy she's still doing good.

I have several instrumentals on my playlist that I use during roleplay. Though to pick one is a little harder than I thought.

Pandora has a few wonderful songs on their channel. This piece has a beautiful start, quite simple, yet the tempo and overall feel changes as you continue to listen; it transitions to an intense and powerful rhythm; it blooms into something full of life.

I thought this reflected Rivienne quite well.

[video=youtube]

"Hard Mode"? Hah! My selections for Steel are already instrumentals! xD

Still, re-posting from a similar thread because...

I love these sorts of threads...to the point that I actually come up with alternate titles to songs because I am a titanic nerd and have no life.

Anyways, here's my selections for Steel

[video=youtube]

I had this melancholy song picked out for Jana in the previous iteration of this thread. She's usually pretty gloomy and depressed.

And another song that has a bit more of a hopeful tone to it, just to show that Jana isn't totally lost just yet.