Your Character's Theme Song - {Hard Mode}

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... some really good tunes 'round here! *shoves said tunes into his personal background music collection* :D

Now, absolutely -don't- take this as patting myself on the back in any way, shape or form, but I've actually got a habit of making character-specific music for my RP toons. That, unsurprisingly enough, also includes Eckerd, so he better be pretty darn grateful! Even if the overall quality of said music is seriously lacking in many ways, at least when compared to more professional pieces around... buuut that can't be helped!

You can click right here and the magic of the interwebz should take you to what I'd consider his "theme song" out of the three pieces of music I've conjured up for my Highlander. If not, well... you probably just activated Skynet. So thanks a bunch for that.

Okay!  I use a lot of music for inspiration, so I don't use the term Theme song as it doesn't fit what I do.  (I have a playlist of over a hundred pieces of music.)  That said, the one that most strikes me is this selection for my character.

Spotify - Pleasant Moments: Ragtime Waltz; Scott Joplin (composer), Alexander Peskanov (pianist).

And for those of you that prefer guitar (this is actually really lovely imo):

You tube -

Thank you everyone! :D

I've decided that Aradial's theme song will be this.

l5kjeqNn-YM

So what became of loving man?

Oh what became of you?

Familiar as you shook my hand

What was it you meant to do?

Because all could change for one

And all, could change in this new day

She said the devil will want you back

And you'll never find love in an open hand

Shut your eyes, so you see I'm there

And know you'll always have this if you stay this man

I lied, this was not for my pride

I know this was my time

What is the significance? The song is about a girl who tried to stab the singer after a handshake.

Interpret that as you will.

For Kharijin Borlaaq, who is always looking in this direction and (generally) upbeat, even after coming to this new continent with little more than a bow and a saddle.  I found this because it is a single instrument, which applies well to my thoughts about bards.

SMQVyGOZylg

For her more deliberate and thoughtful cousin Maqali Iriq, who is a bit less willing to accept the wonders of tomorrow on faith.  Thankfully, by the same musician!

6Kbv1OpIpaA

Since I don't technically have a character yet (just two ideas, I posted about this in the Workshop), I'll post themes for my character ideas instead. I dunno if these have already been posted, since this music is somewhat popular, but here it is.

Theme Music

LzKzmYCaO40

Battle Music

T8k9y2hunuU

Theme Music

06H_6oI4EK4

Battle Music

gku4V5IhZ-M

Hmmmm For Kal one (all?)

.... I got a bunch of others on her playlist, but eh

Dheina..... ok most of the music on her playlist is without lyrics (admittedly because music box versions for a lot of them or zelda music... Granted a lot of Zelda music [mainly from windwaker] for Kal too but ssssshhh. I got other stuff)

:I

Yeah gonna have to steal zelda music/themes but all I got right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS5cPxTpsng

Other characters not sure yet :Ia Besides Twin Rova but ignoring that

I'll have to come back later because for now sleep because work D;

Vale's had a lot of ups and downs, so it's hard to choose just one. I guess I'd have to settle for these:

Pre-Marriage: (Maybe this isn't a thing for some characters... but for Vale it is!)

GOJJ5vTSTeE

Normal Theme:

ypNgvc6c6Cc

Battle Theme:

e7oW10COnlU

• 4 months later...

This would be the most fitting I can think of for Edric:

[video=youtube]

A short explanation, so it doesn't just seem like I'm choosing something I find 'cool':

At first it's a nice peaceful sounding instrumental section, but then at around 0:36 things get more intense, different instruments joining in and generally making it more hectic. This would be his early life at Ala Mhigo followed by the part of his life that was spent moving to Ul'dah and the initial chaos, adrenaline rush, and general mix of emotions that came with the first few years of criminal work.

After that calms down, there's a guitar playing constantly in the background that's rather steady and level headed, but above that there's a more wild guitar playing. I think this kind of 'argument' between the two is a nice symbol of the internal conflict Edric is going through, and the final moments of a third guitar drowning out the rest is hopefully him finding a compromise and deciding what he wants to do with his life.

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to narrow it down to one, because I have a whole playlist of pure instrumental theme songs for Paul, and his theme song changes based on his story. That being said, this is his current theme song and easily encompasses everything he has been through.

wRvk_wpLDxs

And for the sake of one that isn't anime/video game related:

8TWsexrVRA4