Post Your Au Ra and Concept!

Whaaat but shouldnt she be Raen?

noo--- just cause that one time you met her she was acting polite?   Shes much to adventerious and conflict happy to be a Raen, tho her nickname as it is is due to her locking herself away from time to time, and enjoyment of small cozy places. She doesn't play by most rules, and only gave Gin a more dangerous pan to fight with... was cause it would be fun! You can be a nomadic fighty hunter/gatherer without being an a-hole after all.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noo--- just cause that one time you met her she was acting polite?   Shes much to adventerious and conflict happy to be a Raen, tho her nickname as it is is due to her locking herself away from time to time, and enjoyment of small cozy places. She doesn't play by most rules, and only gave Gin a more dangerous pan to fight with... was cause it would be fun! You can be a nomadic fighty hunter/gatherer without being an a-hole after all.

Nono I mean, cause her name is Komori - unless you plan on changing it. Not all Raen have to be passive. What about her close-knit group? she came over with the domans she said- but only the raen (that we know) Live with the Domans.

I think the point is as far as lore goes the Raen are from Doma and the Xaela roam the vast western steppe.

tumblr_nngn0h4wix1u1dbdoo1_500.png

tumblr_nngn0h4wix1u1dbdoo2_500.png

Pending potential name change when they release the information but this is Xharoa! She'll be my new main once 3.0 rolls around ^^.

Her clan are a bunch of slavers, coming to Eorzea to take prime pickings at all these new droves of individuals! Due to (potentially) the way their clan works, her and her cousin are somewhat warring over who takes to reigns of the clan once their elders are incapable.

*points to post* "Kiri Komori" is a "Nickname" one she is called by and introduces herself as most often. It was given to her by a Raen yes, one she later became good friends with cause she had a nice place to hide and work on the Garlean machine parts she found and hoarded on. Kiri Komori is a language name (because of the japanese parallels with Japan and Doma) as a Komorikiri aka Hikikomori. Thus named because the Raen thought it was funny to see a Xaela locking herself away to play with things.     "Kiri" enjoyed this name, it was sweet sounding, and most importantly she felt it was "Inventive" something that "Kiri" respects.     She does have a Xalea name, that could come out eventually. but she likes this name and will use it. For anyone who challenges her on her decision of name? She will fight them proudly >:E As one of the best fighters in she tribe, shes earned that right, even if most don't like it. 

As for her Raen friend... how could that be?! one may say to themselves.   And its true, "Kiri" did chase her away a few times, and even bunched the girl til she was bruised up and crying... Yet the Raen girl came back regardless and bravely. Another trait Kiri can respect. 

"Tch, your so weak.. I guess it can't be helped.. whats this? a plum for me? You really shouldn't have..." *snatches the plum and eats eat watching the Raen girl* "HMPH! Your not much there bright scale, but you got guts... here, let me show you something."   

{Achievement Complete: "I probally should do this..." 10Ap title gined: Bridge Builder}

So that's the readers digest version of Kiri's nickname origin, which she will continue to defend with the strength of a quote "Free Sprited in nature" Xaela. 

pre-counter debate: {yes Xalea are proud of their heritage, but they also sound like they do what they want as long as they can back it up}

Initial thoughts: it's been mentioned plenty, but the horns being tied to faces makes me really sad, especially since it seems males get the short end of the stick in the face department....again. I love the rear-facing horns, but having it attached to Baron Von Frownyface of Constipation makes it far less appealing to me.

I hereby proclaim that this ManRa face forever be referred to from this day forth as "Sad Dragon Pants".

Other gripes: No variation in shading on scales. I know the colours of the scales are vital in identifying the subspecies, but there's no reason we couldn't at least have had some slight variation in shading. Raen scales have this really pasty, goat-like feeling which I suppose is the intention, but it could have been fixed with changes to the color saturation or having a darker shade so that they don't look like plastic. I haven't found an Au Ra male voice that suits what I'm looking for, either. 

The absurd anime hair styles were mentioned a while ago, although I admit to being a fan of the Kamui Gakupo hairstyle. The resemblance is so uncanny that I hesitate to say it's not a Vocaloid reference.

As a positive, I like the limbal rings feature. Eyes are a pretty small detail but having an extra distinction that adds contrast is always good.

Armor proportions seem pretty decent, although interesting to note that in this build, the Dragoon AF2 gear erases the Au Ra's tail.

I haven't played with the female customization extensively, but I score their customization options 2/10 because they only have one ponytail hairstyle. They earn an extra point for being aggressively adorable with the dreadlocks hairstyle, though.

Do we have a possible mate for Sad Dragon Pants? Mayhaps he will be upgraded to Occasionally Melancholy Dragon Pants?

14077b5f11.jpg

Debating on some kind of craftsman or artisan character, which would fit with the Raen's sedentary nature. Blacksmith or something? I've never written a non-combat artisan character, so trying to make his interactions interesting would be a nice challenge.

88a2fcd893.jpg

Monster hunter? Seems a bit too run-of-the-mill, though the concept can be refreshed if the lore allows players to make their own Xaela tribes, which I expect they will.

And even though I never roleplay female characters, I made one anyway.

really[/i] good]f028a42479.jpg

Still brainstorming here, buut...

Potential Raen:

553e35f722c39229733af494.jpg

Potential Xaela:

553e2f4522c39229733af210.jpg

Definitely my male (I'm rolling one for each gender) will be a Xaela. I've settled with the look, but I'm undecided whether to make him in his 20s (Picture 1) or 30s (Picture 2)

553e407d22c39229733af9c0.jpg

553e2f8022c39229733af21c.jpg

*points to post* "Kiri Komori" is a "Nickname" one she is called by and introduces herself as most often. It was given to her by a Raen yes, one she later became good friends with cause she had a nice place to hide and work on the Garlean machine parts she found and hoarded on. Kiri Komori is a language name (because of the japanese parallels with Japan and Doma) as a Komorikiri aka Hikikomori. Thus named because the Raen thought it was funny to see a Xaela locking herself away to play with things.     "Kiri" enjoyed this name, it was sweet sounding, and most importantly she felt it was "Inventive" something that "Kiri" respects.     She does have a Xalea name, that could come out eventually. but she likes this name and will use it. For anyone who challenges her on her decision of name? She will fight them proudly >:E As one of the best fighters in she tribe, shes earned that right, even if most don't like it. 

As for her Raen friend... how could that be?! one may say to themselves.   And its true, "Kiri" did chase her away a few times, and even bunched the girl til she was bruised up and crying... Yet the Raen girl came back regardless and bravely. Another trait Kiri can respect. 

"Tch, your so weak.. I guess it can't be helped.. whats this? a plum for me? You really shouldn't have..." *snatches the plum and eats eat watching the Raen girl* "HMPH! Your not much there bright scale, but you got guts... here, let me show you something."   

{Achievement Complete: "I probally should do this..." 10Ap title gined: Bridge Builder}

So that's the readers digest version of Kiri's nickname origin, which she will continue to defend with the strength of a quote "Free Sprited in nature" Xaela. 

pre-counter debate: {yes Xalea are proud of their heritage, but they also sound like they do what they want as long as they can back it up}

Ah, that makes sense. I guess since both clans are based in Othard there would be intermingling.

Looking excellent so far guys! I'll decide on mine in a few hours likely.

I take my time when it comes to this, since I know I'll be changing my mind constantly.

The females look a lot better than I expected.

The eye customization is kinda cool. Sad the horns are tried to faces, but so far it's been pretty decent.

I fuckin' love their backs tho. The spinal scale is pretty badass. For once, I might not mind having a character that doesn't always display helms!

Edit: dicked around a bit more with the cc. Holy BALLS captain do they look good in armors. It's nearly a perfect silhouette for my personal tastes. I might have to make him one of them fancy Flames fellows just for the armor!

I tried to make the most aggressive, fiercest-looking female Raen I possibly could. She looks fine up close but ends up looking just bored and disinterested from a distance.

OBwEziY.jpg

qMTDsRN.jpg

My opinion on the race has not changed. In fact, I think the face options are nice but are completely wasted because of the extraneous scales, horns, and tail. The tail that starts off thin and then goes fat in particular looks really fucking dumb and I'm wondering who in the world signed off on that.

Also no skin tone that is 100% matching the scales, so that's also a sad. Ho-hum.

Really, I just can't get past the cosplay scales and the horns. The horns, man! Just imagine how much of a hindrance they'd be in everyday life. Ugh. One of those things that's cool on paper but becomes really grating the more you think about it.

Edit: Just saw this on reddit:

xq0br8N.png

That is a RIDICULOUS babyface. Gatdamm.

Poking in, because why not. I love them. I love them all. Anime and otherwise. There are so many things you can do with them I couldn't even decide. Here's my guy.

640x398https://40.media.tumblr.com/210c098f9f06c22fcf3875bebc34a9da/tumblr_nnh2wmRtJT1robwlio1_540.png[/img]

Codename: Sex Fiend (*sweats*)

I have my concept for him but that's under wraps until release. His appearance is subject to little changes, but this is basically it. 

Also, there are so many ways NOT to make them look anime or whatever, if that's what you want. Explore it and see. I don't think Sex Fiend looks animu at all. Not that I'd mind if he did. It's a Japanese MMO after all! I knew what I was potentially signing up for.

Poking in, because why not. I love them. I love them all. Anime and otherwise. There are so many things you can do with them I couldn't even decide. Here's my guy.

640x398https://40.media.tumblr.com/210c098f9f06c22fcf3875bebc34a9da/tumblr_nnh2wmRtJT1robwlio1_540.png[/img]

Codename: Sex Fiend (*sweats*)

I have my concept for him but that's under wraps until release. His appearance is subject to little changes, but this is basically it. 

Also, there are so many ways NOT to make them look anime or whatever, if that's what you want. Explore it and see. I don't think Sex Fiend looks animu at all. Not that I'd mind if he did. It's a Japanese MMO after all! I knew what I was potentially signing up for.

You succeeded in making a non-anime Au Ra. It is indeed possible. ;D

Also, lol, Sex Fiend. XP

Edit: Just saw this on reddit:

xq0br8N.png

That is a RIDICULOUS babyface. Gatdamm.

I can see it in her face. "Bruh...do you even edge?"

Anyway onto my own Ow Ree. 

I've codenamed them Dorke and Dauntay until such time I choose who'll replace Keil/Kihl and finalize everything. It helps that the Benchmark Job is the derpgoon, hopefully they'll turn it into the-precision-laser-guided-missle-goon. Don't worry, if you still wanna RP with him, I can use either of the two as a stand in...I've used Effie as Kurt's stand in before.

WNDbY5i.png

G8QBjNZ.png

The Dragoon AF does not have enough HORNS MORE HORNS I SAY! Same with Ironworks, it needs to be pointier!

pK5Hte5.png

HJKg9TH.png

CoTXViA.png

DID ANYONE ORDER SOME YARNHAM HUNTER KNOCK OFF COSPLAY? COURTESY OF THE SIR PANTS. Also here's another one because equality.

fbgad74.png

The Dorke kinda ended up that way because I sorta ended up picking the female voice that really made her sound like a dork, voice 9, probably just me though. As for how she'll behave, I might just splice Nah's and Effie's together and see what happens. So that's insecurity of height, ego the size of dalamud, a dash of naivete, a strong moral compass, the tendency to call people names. Maintaining a low profile would be harder on her.

The Dauntay...well I still have to find some trait and build around that, of course screw edginess amirite? As for his look...well channeling the inner Donte, not Dante, people don't like it if you go like this...

4302404-7010601576-dante.jpg

...In a fight, even if it's just for shits and giggles. Really wanna try it out at least once though.

Backstory. Well I'm really really hoping I get to integrate my Xaela into an existing tribe. It's essentially the same for either Dorke or Dauntay.

If not, well there's the whole 'Sole survivor' or my connections thread thing, I've learned from Keil that making a tribe and a plot to go with it, rarely has anyone who'd forward the plot, so much that you end up just writing a novel or something or it'd probably be a journal recording what happens in x day and y week to n person.

I'm having real trouble deciding on a hair colour....

904679b517.png

White adds contrast and helps keeps the scales from looking like a beard at certain angles as well as breaks up the large amount of black tones coming from the would-be hair, scales and dark skim complexion as opposed to trying to achieve a similar result by adding grey highlights which I don't feel very inclined about.

Having said that, white also seems to give him a different charisma from what I had initially anticipated and I already had to deal with shorter-than-hoped-for hair.

I am so freakin excited about all of this, holy crap.

UPDATED WITH AN UNFINISHED ART. ... I was doodling this while waiting for the benchmark, but this and the screens are the same character. Hair for days, you can't tell him what to do.

hNWSc3F.png

And from that, I ended up with this.

1JmfmAN.png

1aw6cKN.png

y2jLqFt.png

This is Yorumei, who will definitely be a thing come Heavensward. He is terrible in any number of ways, has a story that will come to light when pertinent, and I hope to the gods I can beat the MSQ with the character that will become him before the time comes. Also he may or may not yodel at you.

Hs7N5sK.png

CVwJUTA.png

nFMJY70.png

I also made Xavarian, because I can, and... he makes an amazing Au Ra, gods.

And rolled me a Xae-gal.

Not anime looking, nor does she look childish, waify, helpless or dainty. Beautiful, yes, that ain't a crime. Short, yes! No charges. Feminine, definitely! Also good! She looks dangerous, however, and I enjoy that. All it took for me was some tinkering and an open mind. I'm really enjoying the new race! I'll name her Mom'Ra.

640x556https://41.media.tumblr.com/1fe8777712513f0526d09d83cd8ee265/tumblr_nnh7wu8JEr1robwlio1_540.png[/img]

And rolled me a Xae-gal.

Not anime looking, nor does she look childish, waify, helpless or dainty. Beautiful, yes, that ain't a crime. Short, yes! No charges. Feminine, definitely! Also good! She looks dangerous, however, and I enjoy that. All it took for me was some tinkering and an open mind. I'm really enjoying the new race! I'll name her Mom'Ra.

640x556https://41.media.tumblr.com/1fe8777712513f0526d09d83cd8ee265/tumblr_nnh7wu8JEr1robwlio1_540.png[/img]

Your characters both look amazing!