Post Your Au Ra and Concept!

This thread's output is really impressive! Out of curiosity, for anyone who feels like answering - when you go into the character creator, what's your process? Do you have a specific image in your brain that you finagle the options to match, or do you form your image by looking at the options? If that makes any sense.

I've been wanting to RP a precocious young genius archetype for a while, so I basically went in trying for the youngest looking I could get. How young I could pull off is actually shaping details about my new main.

Exact specifics were totally on the fly though.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wound up making a Xaela I really like, and decided I'm definitely going to turn him into an alt. Not sure if he'll be Doman or not. Going to be having fun with this character's personality, though.

Those eyes are gorgeous Merri! So pretty. I had a hard time making a Xaela male personally. :<

This thread's output is really impressive! Out of curiosity, for anyone who feels like answering - when you go into the character creator, what's your process? Do you have a specific image in your brain that you finagle the options to match, or do you form your image by looking at the options? If that makes any sense.

Judge had one goal - look as old as possible. His placeholder race is Highlander, and I managed to make him look "sufficiently grandpa," so I was hoping to do the same with him as an Au Ra. Which looked like it would be difficult until I saw the older-looking face. And then it all just flowed from there. And, while he doesn't look as old as I'd like him to be... he's still "sufficiently grandpa."

Though Clio has joked that he's gone from "creepy grandpa" to "distinguished grandpa." Which, I suppose, isn't such a bad thing.

I'm slowly figuring out how I want my Au RA to look.

I've got the face structure more or less set in stone now. I'm just debating which clan to go with now. I definitely want to go with a green skinned Au Ra, so the white scales of the Raen look better imo, but the more war-like heritage of the Xaela makes a little bit more sense with the backstory I have planned for her.

Decisions, decisions....ah well I've got what? eight or so weeks to figure it out.

Anyway, here are my current concepts for both.

ZfU1gd6.jpg?1

olBojts.jpg?1

Yeah, going to preserve this one under tags as this is spoils personal plots.

My Main, Lin, is in for a shocking revelation as to her origins. (Literally, Ramuh is going to Zap her and dispel a transmogrification she's been under most her life. She didn't even know she was Au Ra) 

Before:

o0R28iEm.png

After:

DP5jDvVm.png

Granted, Hair isn't finalized, she may still wind up with Lightning's hairstyle. (Fits the 'of the wild' motif for her.)

Interesting note, when she was transformed, the tatoo on her Hyr self, which was actually hiding arcane symbols on her cheek disappeared. Lin was simply uncomfortable without markings on her right cheek, so she had some painted on after transformation.

• 1 month later...

I did some fiddling with Judge that I posted onto the Screenshot thread:

W90VL69.png

But I'm still doing some fiddling with the face paint to try and make him look as old as possible. I had him with just the "bags" under his eyes, but I'm also considering this one that I use to decent effect on his Highlander form.

XkKlriG.jpg

I decided to go with a Raen as I like their lore much more than I do the Xaela (from what little we have anyway). I don't have a name yet (still waiting on those naming conventions), but this is what I'll be going with on my main:

C4teqaF.png

Xaela alternative:

div><p>

The Au'Ra are certainly handsome but the smooth skin and rough scales don't really compliment one another well. Aesthetically something is off, but the males do come off as quite masculine, so bonus points on that. I do like their body proportions: not too bulky and not too lithe.

I have no real comment on the females, they look good, but the scales still throw me off somewhat.

At least the Au'Ra will look badass in heavy armors.