Post Your Au Ra and Concept!

vlodzWB.png

Krouler Aradial, everyone. She'll be my third, and probably final character for FFXIV. And isn't she just a bright, happy ray of sunshine?

DspJxQ3.png

"I don't even need a Senpai."

Tgwtk3O.png

"Who wants a Senpai, anyway?"

r8TtCjn.png

"I don't even care who Senpai is dating."

I got the reference, I laughed way more than I should.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After realizing my capture software does not work with the benchmark client. Two or more hours later, a lot of cursing and some death threats-  I finally decided between two designs.

Originally, I considered the swept back horns. The face is a bit older. My Au Ra is going to around age 34. What? Don't look at me like that, older fellows can look handsome at that age. This is a game dammit.

Anyway, please keep in mind this shade of blue is going to be much darker on the final product.

nVsiDE2.png

dyOF1Go.png

More like this color. I left it unspoiled because reasons.

Closer to this color. It's harder to tell in this, since it's darker. But I promise he's a shade of 'blue'.

YExCoa6.png

S8axJs5.png

p17RESb.png

And the brown version. I asked him what he was looking at. He didn't answer.

1CNYpTG.png

"I was looking to see who said that."

lxKjZ5O.png

-Did I mention? He's blind.-

I really love this set.

ygoKCm0.png

LWV75AR.png

Here's the album, with some others I didn't post and extras for anyone interested. or wanted to offer opinions.

I'm trying to decide between brown, or blue? Feedback would be appreciated!

http://imgur.com/a/dmzft#0

Well to me, I personally like both of them. So, I don't think I am going to help you out much. But if I'd have to pick out of the two.. erm... well... I'd just.... Nope. I don't know which. For some reason though, the brown makes him look a bit older and closer to that age range you want to be in. I hope that helps~ 

(Also, blind characters are <3. *grabby hands*)

So after sleeping it off I decided to just stick with the female because I can't see myself playing the dude as anything but a joke that people would probably avoid like the plague. As much as I'd really like to do it sometime. 

Not many people would probably like it when the guy you stab is standing there like there's nothing wrong with your Excalibur jutting out of his chest and your friend's Ragnarok hanging by the blade on his shoulder, munching on a finger sandwich from the Bismarck. 

"That hurt, but what do you call these...things between these other things? We do not have these back in the Western Mountain. They are delicious. ANOTHER!" <

Then you both have drinks and forget this all ever happened. How does he do this? I dunno voidsent with massive piercing resistance?

Moving on...

I've narrowed down mine to like...3 face presets I screwed around with. I want to know which you guys like better. I can change the color schemes though. Anyway yeah, wanna gather opinions.

PydEUO2.png

*STAAARREEEEEE*

DcNYE0C.png

"Why yes, sir, we do have a special on that item. Shall I take your soul as appropriate payment?"

ehgIE2q.png

"Scrubsayswhat."

ATYvL3J.png

"Why yes, I am a tree."

89ivb9w.png

"Why have you betrayed me father?"

ucLLL3p.png

"Yes, sir, I know the forbidden 'Ass Whooping Stance' the Fist of Rhalgr never teaches anyone."

8zey9YI.png

"Can you not? I'm trying to go at 200 e/s. Ugh! 200 edges per second."

EOs9k6Q.png

"Where the hell did my moodiness go?!"

fA9oxZZ.png

"Loser."

So after sleeping it off I decided to just stick with the female because I can't see myself playing the dude as anything but a joke that people would probably avoid like the plague. As much as I'd really like to do it sometime. 

Not many people would probably like it when the guy you stab is standing there like there's nothing wrong with your Excalibur jutting out of his chest and your friend's Ragnarok hanging by the blade on his shoulder, munching on a finger sandwich from the Bismarck. 

"That hurt, but what do you call these...things between these other things? We do not have these back in the Western Mountain. They are delicious. ANOTHER!" <

Then you both have drinks and forget this all ever happened. How does he do this? I dunno voidsent with massive piercing resistance?

Moving on...

I've narrowed down mine to like...3 face presets I screwed around with. I want to know which you guys like better. I can change the color schemes though. Anyway yeah, wanna gather opinions.

PydEUO2.png

*STAAARREEEEEE*

DcNYE0C.png

"Why yes, sir, we do have a special on that item. Shall I take your soul as appropriate payment?"

ehgIE2q.png

"Scrubsayswhat."

ATYvL3J.png

"Why yes, I am a tree."

89ivb9w.png

ucLLL3p.png

"Yes, sir, I know the forbidden 'Ass Whooping Stance' the Fist of Rhalgr never teaches anyone."

8zey9YI.png

EOs9k6Q.png

fA9oxZZ.png

"Loser."

I like face the most outta those.

Moving on...

PydEUO2.png

*STAAARREEEEEE*

DcNYE0C.png

ehgIE2q.png

"Scrubsayswhat."

ATYvL3J.png

"Why yes, I am a tree."

89ivb9w.png

ucLLL3p.png

8zey9YI.png

EOs9k6Q.png

fA9oxZZ.png

"Loser."

I agree, face is the best.

So I ended up making my Raen guy. I'm quite happy with him, took me a bit to find something I liked. It was even harder for a Xaela male but I think I'll just play the Raen. :) 

tumblr_nnien8KgWi1utby3oo5_1280.png

tumblr_nnien8KgWi1utby3oo2_1280.png

More under this spoiler: 

tumblr_nnien8KgWi1utby3oo1_1280.png

tumblr_nnien8KgWi1utby3oo3_1280.png

tumblr_nnien8KgWi1utby3oo4_1280.png

1430212412_teal6.png

And I updated Dusk's eye color to be a bit more rich in hue. I think it suits better:

1430212185_dusk-new3.png

1430212255_dusk-new4.png

Moving on...

PydEUO2.png

*STAAARREEEEEE*

DcNYE0C.png

ehgIE2q.png

"Scrubsayswhat."

ATYvL3J.png

"Why yes, I am a tree."

89ivb9w.png

ucLLL3p.png

8zey9YI.png

EOs9k6Q.png

fA9oxZZ.png

"Loser."

I agree, face is the best.

*face palm* I was tired and forgot to add face #3!

tumblr_nnj1ix2cEN1qkg76vo1_500.png

(ah yes my lame computer and its lame half-arsed graphics.)

I always start with really generic cliches and then branch out into subversions and crap from there, and then the actual development hits somewhere in the middle.

so this is Sassy Raen, we'll call her Sassy for now, and she's fairly outgoing and friendly, but REALLY LIKES TO TEASE PEOPLE. she is either going to be cnj or scholar (depends on which I can get to work properly without being the player character IC. preferably scholar since I have so many cnj characters already but I doubt I can make that work so...) and -- my friend and I are going to be That Pair.

this is her Xaela (ahhh~ gurl look at those graphics):

400x432http://36.media.tumblr.com/4f8f2827a42c46de6b44410eb6c48d11/tumblr_nni68ekefp1u5w8vbo1_1280.jpg[/img]

who is, more or less, also a subversion of Xaela's description. ah yes the shy and socially awkward big dude. he's a good fighter but T A L K I N G ??? so we'll call him Shy Guy.

Sassy tends to get on Shy Guy's case because he's big and intimidating and hardly smiles, and when he does smile it's scary too, and it probably chases off a good handful of people. Shy Guy doesn't really understand he glares without thinking, lmfao. he'll start glaring and she'll just punch his hip (lol 0 height) and tell him not to glare at everyone.

and then when they go shopping (she likes to feel like she's got money once in a while and treats them both to Nice Things) she'll tug on his wrist and hang things they're buying on his horns.

obviously they bicker a lot but it's a strange and awkward sibling-like relationship with an undercurrent of even more awkward feelings that I highly doubt either of them understand. so it's pretty much that kind of generic anime tsundere and generic anime kuudere dynamic going on. but we'll work on the details when we have name conventions / lore / etc.

-- we spent like 3 hours last night making these silly details / brainstorming ideas and i did not sleep enough because it was 2am when I finally went to bed oops.

This thread's output is really impressive! Out of curiosity, for anyone who feels like answering - when you go into the character creator, what's your process? Do you have a specific image in your brain that you finagle the options to match, or do you form your image by looking at the options? If that makes any sense.

Some real neat Ow Ree up in this place, I almost feel bad for posting my horned dingus here.

qiBTgWF.jpg

jLA1vTW.jpg

heh, it's funny looking back on these now

This thread's output is really impressive! Out of curiosity, for anyone who feels like answering - when you go into the character creator, what's your process? Do you have a specific image in your brain that you finagle the options to match, or do you form your image by looking at the options? If that makes any sense.

To me it depends! I usually have at least a faint idea of what I want ("I want them cute/pretty/rugged/etc!") and play around with that idea until the character's looks are to my liking.

With my Au ra though, he's going to be fantasia'd from my lalafel, and has her personality as well, so I tried to make the two look a little similar, at least in colours. And I managed to create something I liked, something "small and cute", by Au ra male standards xD

(ah yes my lame computer and its lame half-arsed graphics.)

I always start with really generic cliches and then branch out into subversions and crap from there, and then the actual development hits somewhere in the middle.

so this is Sassy Raen, we'll call her Sassy for now, and she's fairly outgoing and friendly, but REALLY LIKES TO TEASE PEOPLE. she is either going to be cnj or scholar (depends on which I can get to work properly without being the player character IC. preferably scholar since I have so many cnj characters already but I doubt I can make that work so...) and -- my friend and I are going to be That Pair.

this is her Xaela (ahhh~ gurl look at those graphics):

who is, more or less, also a subversion of Xaela's description. ah yes the shy and socially awkward big dude. he's a good fighter but T A L K I N G ??? so we'll call him Shy Guy.

Sassy tends to get on Shy Guy's case because he's big and intimidating and hardly smiles, and when he does smile it's scary too, and it probably chases off a good handful of people. Shy Guy doesn't really understand he glares without thinking, lmfao. he'll start glaring and she'll just punch his hip (lol 0 height) and tell him not to glare at everyone.

and then when they go shopping (she likes to feel like she's got money once in a while and treats them both to Nice Things) she'll tug on his wrist and hang things they're buying on his horns.

obviously they bicker a lot but it's a strange and awkward sibling-like relationship with an undercurrent of even more awkward feelings that I highly doubt either of them understand. so it's pretty much that kind of generic anime tsundere and generic anime kuudere dynamic going on. but we'll work on the details when we have name conventions / lore / etc.

-- we spent like 3 hours last night making these silly details / brainstorming ideas and i did not sleep enough because it was 2am when I finally went to bed oops.

I really like these ideas! Sounds like you had a great time. :)

Some real neat Ow Ree up in this place, I almost feel bad for posting my horned dingus here.

eXg86ud.jpg

xnvStzV.jpgTefNz9w.jpg42ZfHaO.jpgazI74eV.jpg

Aesthetically I think I prefer the pale gold scales of the Raen, but I really dig the tribal concept of the Xaela. I think this is the look I'll go with if I settle on Raen, though. I'd want to push the colors on a Xaela a lot more, but I'm not sure yet.

I usually go in with some idea but more often than not they turn out quite differently.

In the case of my Au Ra, I had a plot in mind for him and I had formed an image around a character that fit that concept... and yet I couldn't picture him in my head. Having said that, I knew I wanted a large(therefore tall) and dark character whom looked intimidating but not demonic. I was trying to find a balance between a character I could personally find aesthetically appealing(because I don't tend to like making ugly - by my standards - characters) and yet still threatening.

Hairstyles posed a problem because I wanted something longer but the creator lacks in variety generally speaking, so that was the main issue.... otherwise I was pretty content with the results and they came as close as I can say possible to my not-really-existant mental image, haha.

Edit:

By the way, your character is pretty! Personally I prefer the second hairstyle *nods* ^^