Post Your Au Ra and Concept!

I'm overall disappointed with the way the scales do not blend into the skin, but I probably will make an alt Au Ra. I wanted to make her look rather creepy. This is what I came up with:

tumblr_nngg5iGS241redtlpo1_500.jpg

My concept for her is that she is an obsessive Astrologian. She does almost nothing without first consulting the stars and her cards. If she can't get a reading she's satisfied with, she doesn't act. She goes through life in a dreamlike state, always half focused on her readings and the stars.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wanted to make an early-teens character for years, and at last I have her.

Shortest height and 0 bust for justice! I'd esteem her to be in the 14-16yo. I hope I can pull that off. (Forgive the nudity, but it was to get an idea of how flat her curves could be).

553ea95922c39229733b617f.jpg

I'll gut whoever calls her 'Yuffie', I didn't realize the resemblance until after five minutes of staring at the finished results. I hate Yuffie, but gdi this model took me all day to figure out >_<...!!

Well, I wanted to make an early-teens character for years, and at last I have her.

Shortest height and 0 bust for justice! I'd esteem her to be in the 14-16yo. I hope I can pull that off. (Forgive the nudity, but it was to get an idea of how flat her curves could be).

553ea95922c39229733b617f.jpg

I'll gut whoever calls her 'Yuffie', I didn't realize the resemblance until after five minutes of staring at the finished results. I hate Yuffie, but gdi this model took me all day to figure out >_<...!!

...we pretty much have the same plan Blue.

BNx8RZQ.jpg

d69df93bc3.jpg

Al Ra moved to Eorzea from the once-great dragon city of Auralanta, bringing his formidable flow and soul-influenced production for all to hear

Man, your guy is so much cooler than mine: RYU GOKUBUSA.

GkVA89y.png

He's a super dragon ninja that gets stronger every time he almost dies! It's a trait that belongs only to his tribe, which he's the last of! Well, except for his rival - Kageta Badguy. They fight a lot!

...we pretty much have the same plan Blue.

BNx8RZQ.jpg

*cough*separatedatbirth!?*cough*

Granted though, yours reminds me more of Mayu and Mio from Fatal Frame II. Maybe it's the red eyes xD

Anyways, I think the resemblance is also due to the fact that the face, and that hairstyle, are really the most juvenile options Au Ras have. If the horns and faces were at least separated....! >_<

This is my first attempt at this same character, but as a Xaela. Again, I ended up falling for that face and hair, without really intending to.

553e2f4522c39229733af210.jpg

*cough*separatedatbirth!?*cough*

Granted though, yours reminds me more of Mayu and Mio from Fatal Frame II. Maybe it's the red eyes xD

Anyways, I think the resemblance is also due to the fact that the face, and that hairstyle, are really the most juvenile options Au Ras have. If the horns and faces were at least separated....! >_<

This is my first attempt at this same character, but as a Xaela. Again, I ended up falling for that face and hair, without really intending to.

553e2f4522c39229733af210.jpg

Pretty much the youngest looking face/hair combo you can make.

Suuuuper moe~

ACijEYP.jpg

lmZaJhx.png?1

My own complaints aside, I'm a sucker for character creation tools of any kind. Though I have no active sub anymore, doesn't hurt to have a little fun making concept characters. xD I'll stick the screenshots under spoilers because, uhm, there's a lot.

CkPesAB.png

vyJc1t4.png

vM33IOL.png

MQMVvfZ.png

WrjboqW.png

gDInHUo.png

fM4pZh4.png

GOq6mKv.png

2ZsB1uH.png

x2uhvoH.png

wb2AY7n.png

cV6BtKB.png

uJNfu1w.png

dPp72Uy.png

Sxk1jTN.png

9xLoJqY.png

mrB22eW.png

FiC38V0.png

8iHcty2.png

4S9J1wB.png

Sldg5uI.png

Fs7BVeR.png

G5DX4bP.png

jqP8E5h.png

3UfteN8.png

ALi4wUP.png

IPciDpS.png

V7XgRwv.png

WcW1D3W.png

Ipwvoyw.png

1ZS75Ii.png

JjMPT0Q.png

mw0n7ho.png

2Gh1ee9.png

eCaj2Vt.png

V4kJOGA.png

mE5BRAf.png

XQHngDj.png

86VERlL.png

iK2WBga.png

... Tomorrow if my day off. :S There will probably be more. Though I'm really feeling the crunch with regards to unique faces hurgh.

HYPE TRAIN PART 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

I have to say I'm pretty happy with the customization options. They gave us eye gradients. Eye gradients. If I had a gripe it'd be that horns are facelocked. I have been fooling around with options for my tiny haughty mobwife but I think I'm setting on this look:

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o5_1280.png

Other vanity shots under the cut.

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o1_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o3_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o2_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o4_1280.png

1MGAUrd.png

Still needs some work probably with colors and such. I was disappointed her skin color looks so much lighter in game. I was going for a deep jeweled tone. Bah, could just be the lighting.

I've been most pleasantly surprised at how many varying skin colors there are. You can make Au Ra really colorful if you want to.

Do either of you have tumblrs that you upload character screens to by any chance? I realllllly want to like your posts if so @A@

HYPE TRAIN PART 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

I have to say I'm pretty happy with the customization options. They gave us eye gradients. Eye gradients. If I had a gripe it'd be that horns are facelocked. I have been fooling around with options for my tiny haughty mobwife but I think I'm setting on this look:

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o5_1280.png

Other vanity shots under the cut.

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o1_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o3_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o2_1280.png

tumblr_nngpnvzlZL1s9wsg0o4_1280.png

1MGAUrd.png

Still needs some work probably with colors and such. I was disappointed her skin color looks so much lighter in game. I was going for a deep jeweled tone. Bah, could just be the lighting.

I've been most pleasantly surprised at how many varying skin colors there are. You can make Au Ra really colorful if you want to.

Do either of you have tumblrs that you upload character screens to by any chance? I realllllly want to like your posts if so @A@

tumblr_n27qqbVJFA1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Oh maaaan! @u@ You're flustering me. The image was posted to my personal tumbles but I've got a character tumblr preemptively set up here where I'll probably be posting a gratuitous amount of screenshots come expac.

ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT I KNOW I LIED.

It's cause I have a dilemma see.

Only have a concept for 1 Au Ra but I have two possible designs. They're both the same concept (Brawler turned vigilante) but with a different interpretation and thus, looks.

I'd like some feedback on both and to know which one you prefer.

Example line :

"YOUR EVIL IS AT AN END! I, (insert name/boisterous name here), WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!"

Body shot

YW1o59d.png

Face shot

Q4exx8G.png

Example line :

"I WILL WASH MY HAIR WITH YOUR BLOOD!"

Body shot

AEhskMO.png

Face shot

SAhHL60.png

I hope these female Au Ra hairstyles make it on to the rest of the races. I almost want to roll one just because of the selection alone. Also:

Sadly, I don't think they all will.

I know some of the male hair styles include extra horns which would make no sense for other races. The extra horns is part of why I would pick a certain hairstyle over another.

Was pretty iffy at first about the Xaela females, but I think I finally made one that I'm really into.

98b3d4584f.jpg

9f46f9a795.jpg

6b1771c3ce.jpg

Waiting for naming conventions before I even consider anything in that regard, and I have no idea what kind of backstory I'll slap on her. But I'm pretty sure she's going to be my Astrologian. Somehow. Some way.

After realizing my capture software does not work with the benchmark client. Two or more hours later, a lot of cursing and some death threats- I finally decided between two designs.

Originally, I considered the swept back horns. The face is a bit older. My Au Ra is going to around age 34. What? Don't look at me like that, older fellows can look handsome at that age. This is a game dammit.

Anyway, please keep in mind this shade of blue is going to be much darker on the final product.

nVsiDE2.png

dyOF1Go.png

More like this color. I left it unspoiled because reasons.

Closer to this color. It's harder to tell in this, since it's darker. But I promise he's a shade of 'blue'.

YExCoa6.png

S8axJs5.png

p17RESb.png

And the brown version. I asked him what he was looking at. He didn't answer.

1CNYpTG.png

"I was looking to see who said that."

lxKjZ5O.png

-Did I mention? He's blind.-

I really love this set.

ygoKCm0.png

LWV75AR.png

Here's the album, with some others I didn't post and extras for anyone interested. or wanted to offer opinions.

I'm trying to decide between brown, or blue? Feedback would be appreciated!

http://imgur.com/a/dmzft#0