The Heavensward appreciation thread!

With the expansion itself just over a week away I think it's safe to suggest that a lot of players are very excited and can hardly wait. Consider this thread as being both a countdown until the expansion and a place to discuss everything the expansion is going to bring us. Though I'd appreciate it very much if everything was kept fairly civil and positive!

So, I'll get the ball rolling with a probing question:

What are you looking forward to the most in Heavensward?

For me, personally, it's difficult to settle on just one thing. I haven't been this ridiculously excited about a game's expansion since TBC and WOTLK back when I was invested in WoW.

Heavensward is very much to my tastes in many ways as I'm a huge fan of gritty elves that are distrustful/wary of outsiders. Ishgard has intrigued me for a while and soon enough we'll get to explore it! 

I'm also a huge fan of the games music (since a solid soundtrack helps keep me interested in a game and makes it very memorable in my mind) so I'm looking forward to hearing the new tracks.

Quests are something I enjoy doing - especially if they're story heavy - so continuing the main scenario will be a lot of fun for me.

Then there's the new race. I find the Au Ra (well, the men at least) very aesthetically pleasing. I think they'll make a fine addition to the game and I hope they have a lot of intriguing lore to work with. I may end up making one as an alt at some point though I haven't decided yet.

I'll probably have more to add later for now I'll leave it at that!

Ishgard!!!

I looooved Coerthas setting when I did the MSQ quests through it. The unforgiving environment, the theocracy, and every bias and paranoia that came with it!

I want more Ishgard lore. I want to explore Ishgard. I am very excited to see how the story plays out there.

Also more lore on Au Ra please! While I will not be playing one immediately, I am interested to see how others will introduce/RP their Au Ra characters. I would LOVE to know the naming conventions already...

For myself, it's just more game. I have only been really playing this since Jan. While I've had one eye on this site and the other on the general updates but not really participating until recently has been an absolute thrill for me.

I'm quite excited specifically for Au Ra. I hope that I'm able to bring something to the table that is both enjoyable for the people I rp with AND myself. I may have even successfully left my own trope of being the 'bad guy'. But that's hardly to do with the game. I want to play a huge monster man with horns and wear more pretty armor and get hit in the face.

The leap that DRK has, it's damn near sexual lust for me. I want that skill so badly. I can't wait to use it. Another tank class, a ranged DPS concept that I truly enjoy. More skills, more lore!

In particular, the dungeon content interests me. I almost wish I could have an endless supply of dungeons and story to chew through sometimes. I like doing questlines up until a big finish. The time invested is a real rush for me. I'm so pleased with how this game handles group content. I find it very engaging.

And surprisingly, the idea of new players on this game pleases me the most. More people should really come to try this title out and this is a perfect time to join in on the hype train. Will it last? Will the stops be worthwhile? At this rate, it seems dangerous to consider anything else. But at least I'll be a cool horned dood that breaks shit for a little with friends. I couldn't ask for more.

DRK DRK DRK DRK DRK DRK

I started off as a PLD FOOLISHLY DREAMING they'd have ONE greatsword at least for me to use. Was sadly disappointed. But that's all changing now (Shout out to ROG for giving me my second fetish of dual wielding)

A little sad scythes aren't with these DRK like XI but I'll keep my hopes up for a future class.

MCH would be a secondary. My roommate constantly talks about she can't wait to go AST.

Getting to level again. I've missed it so hard, I've been playing both an alt and FFXI, just to scratch that 'ding, you get a level!' itch. I'm not entirely sure on the why, but having all those capped things suddenly uncapped, plus a little dose of new things I've never seen before to level, it all just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

New fish! I spread it out pretty well, but now that I've finally got all the fish, sometimes I get sad looking at the complete lack of blanks to hunt for in the fish log. Fishing was my first 50. Can't wait for new fishing places and challenges.

What can I say? It's focused on Ishgard, the nation inspired by my favorite FF Ever, my favorite FF job ever is pretty much it's poster child. I am getting a minor of my Favorite FF character ever. A Dark knight Cecil helmet and to top it off, A GUN?! Yeah Heavensward is gonna be awesome. The only way this can get better is if God forbid Yoshida pulls something from the lore and Ishgard gets a Grand Company for players.

Machinist earned all of my heart, the ammo mechanics and animations showed clear understanding from the dev team that they put a lot of work into the understanding and flavor of using a firearm. While I may not RP it ICly. I will certainly be making it my Main Ranged DPS. 

I am eager to dive into the bountiful Ishgardian Lore, to learn about this nation and it's wars with the dragons. Where it's Dark Knights started.

So much to be hyped for...

Although it wasn't implemented as a class, we created kind of a "dueling court" based on the duelist class. We're taking advantage of the Heavensward setting to bring in some elements like those which never saw the light of day. (Oda)

PvP additions and dueling? One can dream.

Guess I'll be the shitposter and state how literally the only thing I care about from the xpac is new clothes.

Lore = totally irrelevant to my RP plots, actually this is true for the entire XPAC for the foreseeable future

PVE wise I'm not excited either, though my DRG is going to still fuck shit up with the fury when it comes time for that.

RIP Xpac, my RP was too good for you.

As much as I sometimes am reluctant to face change, the most exciting and awesome thing about any expansion for any game, to me, is the changes that get rolled out. Changing up how a class is played, new races, new classes, new content -- it freshens a game up, and gives you that new car feel where you want to drive everywhere and make up excuses to do so.

But mostly class changes. I don't feel it as much with Heavansward because I've been about as lackadaisical a player as you can get (from the side of progression and shit), but mastering the new things about a class is what I typically get most excited about. Even if I don't necessarily like the changes, aiming for mechanical perfection in setup and execution was usually what drove me to play for hours and hours and hours.

But really I'm looking forward to new toys, though I don't feel it as much because I never fully explored ARR.

It's an expac. It has stuff. That's all it really needed.

That a significant portion of the stuff is stuff I don't care about (MSQ, Ishgarde, etc.) doesn't really matter.

New mechanics should satisfy me plenty while I gripe about the rest. I just hope if we find interesting stuff that they won't nerf it to the ground and actually incorporate it.

Machinist.

Machinist, machinist, machinist, machinist, machinist. I WANT TO SHOOT GUN. GUN IS GOOD. GUN IS FRIEND.

After that, I suppose I'm really looking forward to hearing Soken's latest work in long form. He only ever seems to get better at his craft over time. It's amazing how consistently good his work's been.

And then, after that? Everything else. Basically. New areas, dungeons, main story, etc. are all on about the same level for me. Which is not to say I don't care about these things, but rather that I am simply not looking forward to them as much as I am just being able to SHOOT GUN. BLAMMO!

Alexander. I loved the hell out of the Binding Coil's art direction, and I cannot wait to see what they do with an idea such as scaling a giant robot and tearing its innards apart.

I'm interested in seeing what kind of gear drops from it. Kind of hoping for some steampunk-ish Goblin-like gear, considering. This is purely for selfish reasons, mind. -sighs at Hibito-

I'm looking forward to Au Ra and DRK to be able to fully "realize" the character concept I'm trying to go for with Judge. People really seem to enjoy him, so I'm a little eager to get him in his "true form" and start doing more stuff with him. I've been holding back on a lot because I was iffy with going with the whole "Oh, he's actually an Au Ra and looks like this... ignore the Highlander model" and stuff. :blush:

Also?

Forum3-ds1-670x425-constrain.jpg

My Fat Chocobo must fly.

Most? Our of everything?

Getting to explore, once again. Seeing something for the first time, and being like "Wow, that was amazing!"

Having started on a different server, and not being able to experience the release content with my friends, this is going to be a big thing for me.

The same could also be said about Bexy ICly!

Also, the music. From what little snippets i have heard? It's going to be amazing, and my phone had better make way for all this new awesome stuff i'm going to be listening to!

Crossing over into DRK territory with Martiallais and seeing how long I can run with that RP is definitely at the top of my list, followed closely by just more places to RP that are Ishgard related.

New Monk skills (and to a lesser degree everyone else's skills), new limit breaks and honestly more game/dungeons/raids to poke at. I'm looking to get a new computer in the future and once I don't have bits of lag here and there I'd really like to try raaaaaiding some more.