Patch 3.05 Notes

Maril

Anyways, check out your Refer a Friend emails! SOME OF YOU MIGHT HAVE GOLD FEATHERS FOR A TWIN MOUNT OR MORE.

Feathers are turned into the calamity salvager.

Also noted, I found some dungeon gear and I think soldiery gear or was it the Poetics Magitek gear... They had some unaugmented/unupgraded i100+ items and some dungeon gear included the Foestriker's stuff. For those with silver feathers.

Did that just get turned on this week? I'm not particularly attentive about when I have mail and such, but I don't remember seeing the mail symbol for it. I was Recruited, so I'm assuming I should have some Silver Feathers and the /fistbump emote. I'm just hoping transferring away from the server my sister's on (the one who recruited me) hasn't ruined the chances of that, but that wouldn't make much sense. The actual recruiting is tracked through Mogstation through accounts, right?

Rewards were/are supposed to be turned on Today. Like the Twintania mount.

I haven't gotten online but I expect 25 gold feathers and a /fistbump.

They mentioned that some point you should be able to see referrals in the mogstation but as of now it only tells you you've gotten referrals... Not the details etc.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, there is an issue currently on going with the feathers/fistbump emote not being distributed at the same time.

I got some feathers from recruiting people, but not fistbump emote yet.

:( I heard some people got the /fistbump earlier than today but I couldn't verify it since as far as I know, I'm the only one of my friends who has gotten most of the RAF awards.

Have you cleared even your oldest read and deleted mail? Also sent mail? Then request item delivery or whatever that button is?

Yup did all of the above; checked my other chars. Oddly enough I only get 5 feathers for one of my friends being subbed over 150 days. The rest hasn't come in yet. Guess we will just have to wait and see D:

As far as I know, you should have gotten 10? 5 for the referred friend, 5 for the 150 days?

Edit: Also seems that subscription feathers were sent before the referred feathers.

Square don't release exact subscriber numbers because they don't need to. The evidence that the game has grown in popularity over time is there in-game - most servers boast a healthy number of players, especially the larger realms such as Balmung.

It has not escaped my notice that certain posters seem to mostly have only negative things to say about Square Enix...which makes me wonder why they stick around if they dislike the way the game is run so much.

It's like going to a football match, surrounding yourself with fans and then complaining about how awful the team is even when they're performing well.

Square don't release exact subscriber numbers because they don't need to. The evidence that the game has grown in popularity over time is there in-game - most servers boast a healthy number of players, especially the larger realms such as Balmung.

It has not escaped my notice that certain posters seem to mostly have only negative things to say about Square Enix...which makes me wonder why they stick around if they dislike the way the game is run so much.

It's like going to a football match, surrounding yourself with fans and then complaining about how awful the team is even when they're performing well.

But what if the football teams could have MORE jersey colors and options?! (I'm assuming that football here is what the typical American would call "soccer"?)

Or what if we could actually have 3 goals with another team playing at the same time?

clearly, the stadium these people are playing in can hold more people. If children all sat on their parents' laps, we could fit almost DOULBE. Fire hazard? What fire hazard. They've got more than one door to get in and out, right? And who cares about restroom lines. Just cut ahead by saying it's an emergency.

Right....we need tickets to enter right? How come people who've been season pass holders get special treatment? I wanna sit in the VIP area too..

Because this is an issue, an issue they are allegedly knowledgeable about, and they have done something around jack and shit to fix it.

See if they had done something, they'd trumpet it to the high heavens. They haven't, so must mean they've given up on improving this. I'd just like confirmation that they don't care so I can train myself to stop caring about this issue.

Here's the thing:

I love the game, something I haven't said about a Final Fantasy title since Tactics.

That doesn't change, however, that FFXIV suffers from a handful of poor design choices, most of which could be easily adjusted, significantly improving QoL for everyone involved.

Honestly, if I didn't like my time here, I wouldn't even bother saying anything in the first place. I don't have the time or will to complain about games I don't like, you know?

I agree, SE can do better.

I find myself playing less and less and it has primarily to do with the game's seeming obsession with Alexander (or, insert raid content here). Be it farming normal mode for ugly gear or having some magical ilv for the savage mode....the game seems driven to focus on this. This or scrips. Or DPS number needing to be this or that. That's all I hear about lately and guess what?

I'm exhausted by it.

I don't even do it and yet I am tired by it all. This isn't fun. My wife said it best... "We're slaves to the Eorzean clock now."

That's why I have stepped away from it. I won't do it. Capping Esoterics? That means I am a slave to the weekly reset. I purposely refused to cap my esoterics last week for that exact reason. Because I don't care to become a slave to any timer in this game. It's why I have now changed my playing to a few days a week as opposed to every day. I'd rather explore the wastelands in Fallout for the millionth time than to grind....grind....grind.

Until SE can add some more fun and *le gasp* casual content to draw me in, I'll be keeping it on part time at best because this raiding/grinding stuff is burning me out.

Won't lie... I absolutely cracked up reading that bit about becoming a slave to the Eorzean clock.. I cannot fathom how there's poor design choices (with the exception of the token system in Alexander that everyone can roll on less you premake a group which even then is going to be tiring) when nothing's terribly difficult except maybe the extremes.

The whole esoterics cap, I literally forgot about it cause I was more focused on working on getting some pieces of old PvP gear for a look I had thought of.. since I had no RP planned at all, I barely even realized that in a matter of mere hours I literally only needed 2 more matches to cap. It's just too easy. 

How is this being a slave to any system? If you're doing something for a reason other than thinking of it as a grind, you gain an extra reward. Two sets of cap would have netted you an artifact chest of your choosing for your class. And honestly... not like there's not games. 

But what I really believe the issue at hand is for many, is the 'I want it now' mentality, and the few things we were granted at the beginning of the expansion versus believing we deserve so much more to 'occupy' our time with. This is what, just now moving into month number 2 of the game releasing? Makes me think of how hard people hit the grind back in Warlords soon as it dropped, making a mess of literally everything and the displeasure across the forums was sort of like this, only bigger cause it wasn't just to the roleplayers. 

You've got things to do, be it finding your glamours, or roleplaying.

[[steps in as a mod]]

Because this continues to be brought up in multiple topics, I'd like to beg remind that the RPC is not the place for addressing issues with the game's design, server management or other features.

Square Enix handles such on the Offical Forums. The following three sections may prove to be useful whether to submit a thread/port or to check if Square Enix already has an official response. I would like to remind that their decisions are based off of what a majority of users want/are willing to pay for. The RPC is in no way able to make such changes.

Feedback

Technical Support

Bug Reports

[[steps out]]