Do you play any other MMO's?

I used to have like a back-up mmorpg I'd derp about in for no reason, but with FFXIV I am so satisfied with what we're getting that I haven't felt the urge to play anything else at the same time. There also isn't really any mmorpg's out there I find interesting, I've tried most of the bigger titles at some point and they all have some things I just can't ignore that bugs me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GW2, WoW, SW:TOR with many max level characters and heavily RP'd in game. RIFT, LotRO, TSW, were all tried with varying levels of success.

GW2 is my main MMO and FFXIV is the new kid on the block for me. There is a host of things I love about GW2 and I don't foresee leaving it. That said, I love the RP friendliness of FFXIV! It's a steep learning curve for me as far as how to play the game and how things work... and where the heck is my dodge?! Ahem... All the games I've played before, I leveled with someone that knew the ropes and I find myself sadly alone in FFXIV.

I still dabble in WoW at times... too many hours into that game, too many characters, too much gold just sitting there... But, the love is gone. Last RP partner there is gone and we no longer play together. SW:TOR is okay game wise, if subbed, but RP wise, I only went to that game for the RP partner. Now that we are no longer partners, I can't even stomach the thought of RP in that game. I just hate the universe. The rest I was never too attached to.

So, yeah, GW2 is my first love, and if I ever figure out FFXIV, I can see it being a good option.

I tend to keep to one at a time, particularly for RP. I'm not very skilled at juggling more than that in all truth. :blush: I've played GW2, SWTOR, LoTRO, Planetside 2, Raiderz, and Tera - though the latter two were only for a few levels before I realized they weren't for me. There were a couple others here and there, but very few I got past the first level for. If I'm going to play an MMO till level cap, I have to commit to it. I can't MMO hop between two or more at a time depending on my mood that particular day, as shown by my transition from SWTOR to LoTRO. Which means that if I'm still playing FF14 by the time Star Citizen is released it'll be very interesting to see how I manage.

I rotate between 6 MMOs Currently Depends on which of my friends are on, or my mood.

FFXIV-Is my main mmo what i primarily get on.

Phantasy Star Online 2- My second RP group is here.

Champions Online- Third RP group is on here

Warframe-Ninjas in space.

Aion-Friends

Trickster-Also Friends

Well, I played Destiny for a bit, but became bothered way too quick.

Xenoverse is kind of a MMO, so I think it counts? I love my blue majin.

And every once in a while, I pop in Ragnarok Online, the MMO that made me fall in love with MMOs, just to see what changed. I have no friends there anymore, and no RP group was born there as far as I know. Sometimes, I really wish Ragnarok would get a remake in the same style, maybe with different species, I would love it so much.

When I'm not mainlining XIV, I like to have a nice few romps in WildStar and derp about in Star Citizen and Project Gorgon. I still have The Secret World, SWTOR and Guild Wars 2 sitting on my drive, but those are pushed to the far back burner.

And every once in a while, I pop in Ragnarok Online, the MMO that made me fall in love with MMOs, just to see what changed. I have no friends there anymore, and no RP group was born there as far as I know. Sometimes, I really wish Ragnarok would get a remake in the same style, maybe with different species, I would love it so much.

Then wait no longer! (well...wait until it comes out?) Tree of Savior is another Korean MMO designed by the original creator of Ragnarok, after he had a falling out with Gravity. It's out of Korean closed beta, but not out yet and there's no US release date. So far it looks promising, though!

On a personal note, I just got pulled into Skyforge by a few friends. It's a bit grindy, but hey, it's fun enough.

I was playing both WoW and Wildstar until my computer's hard drive crapped out on me. That was almost 2 years ago, maybe less, I'm not sure. At the time, I didn't have the money to replace it. I do now, but I've gotten so used to not having a working computer at home, that I just don't care anymore.

Like many others, FFXIV is my only MMO right now. And will probably remain so for a long time to come. I've always moved from one MMO to another over the years. Never really was able to multi-task like some others.

I did have about a 5 year gap where I didn't play any MMO's, but I've played... let's see...

Everquest Online Adventures (PS2 game)

Everquest 2

Ragnarok Online

Rising Force Online

Lord of the Rings Online

FFXIV

I tried some beta's along the way, like Wildstar (bleh) but they never did much for me. There was a point in time where I was basically like, "I'll never play an MMO again!"

... And here I am xD

I've played a lot of MMOs over the years, but I only play the ones I have the best hopes for the future in.  For a long time that was WoW (and I was justified, for even if you didn't like some of the expansions I'd say that WoW was simply the best MMORPG straight up through Pandaria) but before that it was FFXI, EQ, etc.  I moved to EVE for a while, but got bored of its PVP (I still can't believe that EVE is so centered on the one game aspect it doesn't actually do very well, it's a great game but probably one of the worst PVP games I can think of).

I then heard FFXIV had gotten better since 1.0 and gave it a shot.  Loved it, and was ready to start that when I got an invitation to the Wildstar beta.  I was a huge proponent of that game.  I was active on the forums and was really pushing for its success.  I played that game for about a year and, more than played it, I ran one of its largest guilds, was a recognized member on the forum, and helped to run player events.

Then, we got the news Wildstar was going F2P.  Since I haven't ever seen F2P improve a game (all I can say is that it sometimes gives rushed games chances to improve, but I thought Wildstar was in a great place as a game when they announced it), suddenly FFXIV became the game with the brightest future.  The Heavensward expansion sealed the deal, and Square's response to calls to go F2P (tell those people to shove off and just make their game better) was icing on the cake.

As far as I'm concerned, FFXIV has the best chance to be the best game for the longest span of time, so FFXIV is my home now.

Then wait no longer! (well...wait until it comes out?) Tree of Savior is another Korean MMO designed by the original creator of Ragnarok, after he had a falling out with Gravity. It's out of Korean closed beta, but not out yet and there's no US release date. So far it looks promising, though!

On a personal note, I just got pulled into Skyforge by a few friends. It's a bit grindy, but hey, it's fun enough.

The gameplay of Tree of Savior, I dunno feels like they took some or a lot of cues from GW2 and a host of dungeon crawlers and shite. I like it.

As for other mmo's well Warframe every now and then. Wished Kat, my machinist, had access to something like the Soma gawd that weapon's smexy.

Everquest Online Adventures (PS2 game)

While I wasn't the most devoted player, I actually miss that game.  It was my little brother's first real MMO and the first MMO we ever played together, so I have a lot of fond memories from that game.  I still laugh when I think about how baffled his grandmother was when he tried to explain that he and I were playing the game together even though I lived a fair distance away.

I've been derping around in Rift lately with the boyfriend.

I'm also cautiously watching what plays out with the new WoW expansion.

I'm sort of the same way.  I really disliked the graphics redux and felt like the new features weren't as exciting.  But hearkening back to BC sounds a lot more fun.

At the moment, I'm bouncing between this and Wildstar. FFXIV is an amazing MMO! I haven't had my attention captured so thoroughly since WoW, or EQ before that. It's also the only 2nd MMO I've stuck around long enough to hit the level cap...before it got boosted to 60 that is >.>

I'm one of the few people, it seems, that was charmed by Wildstar and am actually happy it's going F2P. Considering I have a bunch of friends really thinking about starting WS this fall, I may just move over there for a while. Though I don't think I'll ever leave FFXIV for too long.

Do I play any other MMOs?

Silly question. MMOs are about the only games I put substantial time into these days.

Well, okay, not really. I also play stuff like Dark Souls, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, and XCOM (XCOM 2 HYYYYPE!). But those just don't get nearly the same number of hours as the MMORPGs.

I'm currently taking a break from FFXIV and waiting for Dragon's Dogma Online, the latter of which has basically become my most-hyped game of all time, pushing off Blade & Soul from the top of the list (yes, really).

In the mean time, I've been spending time with Phantasy Star Online 2, which at this point has a, quite frankly, overwhelming amount of content and I'm pretty sure I won't have exhausted it by the time DDON's release actually rolls around this time next week.

I was going to play B&S on the NA release, but at this point I'm not so sure, simply because DDON is coming and it's going to destroy everything else I play. And yes, that is a fact, because I played in the CBT2 phase and that taste was enough to render the month-long wait for release unbearable. I've been waiting for B&S for years, and you know what? It's been too fucking long, and I'm ready for DDON. I'm freakin' ready for it, man!

In the mean time, I've been spending time with Phantasy Star Online 2, which at this point has a, quite frankly, overwhelming amount of content and I'm pretty sure I won't have exhausted it by the time DDON's release actually rolls around this time next week.

If you don't mind my asking, I've been wanting to play PSO2 for like years now. How are you playing it? I hear there is an english client in south east Asia or something but it has a IP lockout on it, and I don't really know how to get around that kind of thing. Is that how you are playing it?

If you don't mind my asking, I've been wanting to play PSO2 for like years now. How are you playing it? I hear there is an english client in south east Asia or something but it has a IP lockout on it, and I don't really know how to get around that kind of thing. Is that how you are playing it?

I'm playing on the Japanese servers, which are far, FAR ahead of the SEA servers and don't have any IP block shenanigans to deal with (ironically, given how it funnels English-speaking players to the JP server).

You can just go to Arks Layer for everything you need to play it. Note that the English patch is incomplete and probably always will be, but it's enough to play the game and most of the story content bar the very latest chapter. Ship 2 is absolutely chock-full of English players, to the point where you can sometimes forget that you're playing on a Japanese server.

If you have a smartphone, you can even download PSO2es and buy Arks Cash through there, as it uses Google Wallet for transactions (you can't use foreign credit cards to buy AC on the PC, unfortunately). But that's only in the odd case you find yourself playing the game enough to warrant a purchase. The freemium model is fairly generous, so you might not even feel the need to subscribe for premium time.

You can also check out bumped.org for updates and tons of guides, including one for signing up for the one time password smartphone program, which doubles your available free storage.

In truth, even if an official non-SEA English version were approved, the JP servers would likely remain the best place to play the game. Getting access to everything - including the crossover scratch sets and all - as soon as it's released is a pretty big boon. FFXIV doesn't have this problem because of SE's stellar international collaboration. If only SEGA were so productive...

I've always been a one-MMO person, starting with FFXI's US launch in 2005. I only ever played XI, XIV and WoW for more than a month. After my friends and I graduated from college and stopped playing WoW in 2012, I tried SWTOR, GW2 and ESO their respective launches but never stayed for more than two weeks in each game.

So basically, 

FFXI (Asura) 2005 - 2010

WoW (Cenarion Circle) 2010 - 2012

No steady MMO, just launch tests: 2012 - 2015

FFXIV 2015 - ???

Being in multiple MMOs just tends to break my immersion, and I never really had the time or interest with high school and then college during FFXI and WoW.