3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses!

Ryanti

I highly doubt this will apply to pre-existing emotes but my God will I hold out just that teensy wee bit of hope that it will.

Though having said that..... I STILL wouldn't get access to the one I really want for my hyuran males because it belongs to females! I really, really want the kneeling one highlanders have! ;   Loving the new poses though!

On a side note, I'll edit the title to something a little less optimistic until we are given solid proof otherwise for the sake of not misleading other people into a false sense of excitement.

On a side note, I'll edit the title to something a little less optimistic until we are given solid proof otherwise for the sake of not misleading other people into a false sense of excitement.

Moderator Note:

Thread title amended.

Presently, there are no sources to suggest that pre-existing sitting poses will become shared among other races/genders. It appears, however, that the new poses are not race-locked and in fact shared among the same gender.

...Except all of the images that they have shown have been other races' sit poses.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001142.html

I don't know why they would show these poses if it weren't for the intention of unlocking them for the other races.

There, in the corner. That Lalafell! That doesn't look like the typical sit pose, does it?

The dev. team is currently working on new sit poses for Patch 3.1!

Let's take a look at some examples!

blog_me_0810_01.jpg

Female Au Ra

blog_me_0810_06.jpg

Male Au Ra

blog_me_0810_05.jpg

Female Miqo'te

However what is said; is that it is liable to change.

blog_me_0810_01.jpg

Female Au Ra

I could have sworn that female Au Ra sitting pose was slightly different from the above? I remember the hands being in front for some reason (between their knees?). I dont play one though so I could be wrong

blog_me_0810_01.jpg

Female Au Ra

I could have sworn that female Au Ra sitting pose was slightly different from the above? I remember the hands being in front for some reason (between their knees?). I dont play one though so I could be wrong

There are slight differences such as where the hands are, but they are the same. It's kinda how all the /changepose 4 has everyone put their hands in their pockets somehow, or /changepose 3 has everyone doing a certain hand movement somehow. Different variations of the same pose, which I frankly approve.

(Hand on groin)

blog_me_0810_05.jpg

(Hand on calf)

5401084522c3923508799052.jpg

(Hand on inner knee)

blog_me_0810_06.jpg

(Hand on the back)

52636d7ea068d64650c8f644.jpg

It seems the direction in which the legs are bent, as well as which leg is lifted up and which isn't, change. Again, minor differences that help us look different while giving everyone the opportunity to have a certain attitude.

blog_me_0810_01.jpg

Female Au Ra

It is slightly different but as Blue said the base pose is pretty much taken from the racial /sit. They changed them a small bit, I assume to fit the various races differently. It's so minor a change that they might as well be the racial /sit.

blog_me_0810_01.jpg

Female Au Ra

There are slight differences such as where the hands are, but they are the same. It's kinda how all the /changepose 4 has everyone put their hands in their pockets somehow, or /changepose 3 has everyone doing a certain hand movement somehow. Different variations of the same pose, which I frankly approve.

(Hand on groin)

blog_me_0810_05.jpg

(Hand on calf)

5401084522c3923508799052.jpg

(Hand on inner knee)

blog_me_0810_06.jpg

(Hand on the back)

52636d7ea068d64650c8f644.jpg

It seems the direction in which the legs are bent, as well as which leg is lifted up and which isn't, change. Again, minor differences that help us look different while giving everyone the opportunity to have a certain attitude.

The fact that the sitting positions aren't carbon copies of each other and are noticeably different in small ways combined with some of the wording from the developer blog just makes me think we won't be getting all of them. I think it's more realistic to expect a couple that fit well. Would love for all of them though. It's just easier to go in with lower expectations than end up getting disappointed with higher ones.

Directed at Foxberry actually but I quoted the wrong person. I guess I quoted Blue because his point goes along with my own.

Honestly it's a small thing but wonder how it will be? Lol I'm interesting in sitting it's subtle but but strangely not. The sharing of facial sitting would be better like  /misit for miqo'te /list for lalafell and so on putting the first letter of the race, again they'd have to be gender locked though to avoid....silliness 

...Except all of the images that they have shown have been other races' sit poses.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001142.html

I don't know why they would show these poses if it weren't for the intention of unlocking them for the other races.

They're all variations of them, but that doesn't really suggest that they are intended to replicate older versions. There are only so many ways one can sit after all, let alone when they seem to be trying to maintain a particular charisma for each race and clan.

Plus the wording alone doesn't really lend much to that belief either, unfortunately.

midlander dudes get nothing? :(

If gender pose sharing is to be believed, then the races showcased are irrelevant despite all being unique from one another. Regardless of what is true however, you can be sure that they won't leave anyone out. Besides, they said "some" examples when they revealed those images ^^

midlander dudes get nothing? :(

We'll likely get something. Hopefully. I can't see them leaving us out.

I'm excited but....

I don't see anything anywhere that says these are "universal". It says they are new cposes. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but are these new for everyone? Are they new but gender/race specific? Or are they just making current sit poses available to other races?

The English article is not clear and I am horribly confused.

Well, the Laalfell in the group picture and the Au Ra male in the second picture certainly are using the same one.

%E7%B4%85%E8%93%AE%E7%A5%AD_09.jpg

blog_me_0810_02.jpg

The most plausible guess is that they are universal among races, but still split by gender (as far as I'm seeing females are using poses from others races' females, and males poses from other races' males).

Pretty positive the poses you see in that blog are shared among all races. They will likely still be gender-separated though. So yeah, Midlanders will at the very least get the cross-legged one.

So like... Am I the only one who doesnt like the female midlander one?

I really like the Au ra female one but would love it for my midlander.

No, I don't like it either (though I remember finding it SO MUCH BETTER than the /sit in SWTOR, so I didn't care).