3.1 Bringing New Sitting Poses!

Ryanti

Moderator Note:

Thread title amended.

Presently, there are no sources to suggest that pre-existing sitting poses will become shared among other races/genders. It appears, however, that the new poses are not race-locked and in fact shared among the same gender.

Info right here! (In Japanese)

Well, it looks like one of my long, LONG time wishes are finally coming true! According to this blog post, the sit poses will become universal come 3.1!

This means Miqo'tes will finally be able to put their butts on the floor, and the Indian style will surely become popular as well!

UPDATE: Dev blog!

Oh its about time they did this.

I'm happy for all them highlander ladies that had been stuck with kneeling and another kneeling animation. They now have the opportunity sit down on the nice green grass, sandy beaches, or on my lap.

Does that mean a Male Roeg can do that sit animation Lalafell have where they sway their heads back and forth like a metronome?  Because that would be hilarious.

I'm for everyone having access to the kicky-sit. And to some squatting/kneeling too. I'd like to see how this works. A full range of /sit /cposes?

I don't think it will be universal among genders as well... some sitting are outright too girly for men (Miqo'te female's), and others would look too vulgar on women (Miqo'te male's). And considering that SE once went as far as re-editing a sitting pose for reasons of vulgarity (Mithra's in FFXI), I wouldn't see them going that far.

But heck, at least both genders will be able to crouch already. Though I think non-Miqo'te men will look awkward in that cat squat pose.

I don't think it will be universal among genders as well... some sitting are outright too girly for men (Miqo'te female's), and others would look too vulgar on women (Miqo'te male's). And considering that SE once went as far as re-editing a sitting pose for reasons of vulgarity (Mithra's in FFXI), I wouldn't see them going that far.

But heck, at least both genders will be able to crouch already. Though I think non-Miqo'te men will look awkward in that cat squat pose.

There are female NPCs squatting outside the Missing Member, I see nothing vulgar about it.

There are female NPCs squatting outside the Missing Member, I see nothing vulgar about it.

those NPCs do not have access to the gear PCs do but... hey, go bring it to SE. They're the one who did it. It's the same reason why they didn't allow bed laying outside of housing.

So this means that every race and gender will have access to every single race and gender's current sit poses? If so, hopefully they'll extend it to other persistent emotes like the weapon stances as well.

Hopefully they extend it to all emotes, period.

Gender- and race-locking is so horribly stifling for character expression and differentiation. When PSO2 is doing better than you in this area, you know you done wrong!

So this means that every race and gender will have access to every single race and gender's current sit poses? If so, hopefully they'll extend it to other persistent emotes like the weapon stances as well.

That first part is what I'm curious about, too, and unfortunately google translate is only so good (hint: its a damn mess.) I'd like access to all of the positions, regardless of race and gender. We shall see.

Now they just need to add /cpose for sleeping on beds. Highlanders won the lotto for sleeping poses for both genders.... someone save the miqote girls! They look like they're calling boyfriends in 1980.

I always said it looks like we are writing in our rainbow unicorn Lisa Frank Diary while talking about boys on a big fat phone with a curly long phone cord.

This is great news, gender locks or no.

But WHEN will my DREAM of being able to properly /sit on beach chairs be realized!? You can't just put sitting furniture in the game if no one but NPCs can sit in them... It's not fair, SE. It's just not fair...

I'm excited but....

I don't see anything anywhere that says these are "universal". It says they are new cposes. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but are these new for everyone? Are they new but gender/race specific? Or are they just making current sit poses available to other races?

The English article is not clear and I am horribly confused.

That first part is what I'm curious about, too, and unfortunately google translate is only so good (hint: its a damn mess.) I'd like access to all of the positions, regardless of race and gender. We shall see.

If they make all poses universal, then it is likely that they'll just make generic emotes and poses in the future.

I'm excited but....

I don't see anything anywhere that says these are "universal". It says they are new cposes. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but are these new for everyone? Are they new but gender/race specific? Or are they just making current sit poses available to other races?

The English article is not clear and I am horribly confused.

Well, the Laalfell in the group picture and the Au Ra male in the second picture certainly are using the same one.

%E7%B4%85%E8%93%AE%E7%A5%AD_09.jpg

blog_me_0810_02.jpg

The most plausible guess is that they are universal among races, but still split by gender (as far as I'm seeing females are using poses from others races' females, and males poses from other races' males).