Cash Shop Shenanigans

So, Mogstation got updated this morning with new buyable stuff. Already we've had some people reporting that the Antecendent's Attire (That is Minfilia's stuff) is a piece of trash that costs fifteen dollars. How? Oh, let us count the ways.

1) It occupies body/legs/hands/feet so you can't mix and match parts of it.

2) It is a lazy chop job of models. Didn't have giant boobs? YOU DO NOW

3) Adding onto to point #2, it doesn't give a damn about your skin color. Behold:

OqsSZkg.png

Edit: Citation needed on skin color

It's scummy for them to put this little work into an item and then charge a month's sub feee for it. FOR SHAAAAME.

Edit: Will be updating as details come in. For right now, though, this looks questionable as all get out.

Edit2: Not my link, just the one that made me want to throw up a topic warning folks

So, Mogstation got updated this morning with new buyable stuff. Already we've had some people reporting that the Antecendent's Attire (That is Minfilia's stuff) is a piece of trash that costs fifteen dollars. How? Oh, let us count the ways.

3) Adding onto to point #2, it doesn't give a damn about your skin color. Behold:

OqsSZkg.png

It's scummy for them to put this little work into an item and then charge a month's sub feee for it. FOR SHAAAAME.

I'm pretty sure that Au Ra is wearing an Astrologian mask and that is why her face is darker.

But the textures look horrid.

I'm actually quite upset that both this and Yda's set are full-body, while Papalymo's can be mixed and matched.

I'm double angry that these are gender-locked, because I would have immediately dropped money to get metal gauntlets on a MNK.

I guess someday my dreams will come true.

OqsSZkg.png

I'm pretty sure that Au Ra is wearing an Astrologian mask and that is why her face is darker.

But the textures look horrid.

So sad.

OqsSZkg.png

Edit: Will be updating as details come in. For right now, though, this looks questionable as all get out.

Warren have I found your reddit account now.

OqsSZkg.png

Ain't mine, I just stole the link. I don't reddit or tumblr.

I'm actually quite upset that both this and Yda's set are full-body, while Papalymo's can be mixed and matched.

I'm double angry that these are gender-locked, because I would have immediately dropped money to get metal gauntlets on a MNK.

I guess someday my dreams will come true.

I can't believe they would sell people Yda or Papalymo outfits anyway. Other than Minfilia and recently Y'shtola who both have gotten new outfits, all the Scions are just wearing a mishmash of old 1.0 gear with something added to ensure you couldn't quite replicate the look. (Yda's red heavy armor boots, or Papalymo's ugly bright yellow heavy metal gauntlets.)

I suppose you are paying to wear the Aether goggles then.

OqsSZkg.png

Ain't mine, I just stole the link. I don't reddit or tumblr.

Someone or you copy pasted your whole post with edits!

I can't believe they would sell people Yda or Papalymo outfits anyway.  Other than Minfilia and recently Y'shtola who both have gotten new outfits, all the Scions are just wearing a mishmash of old 1.0 gear with something added to ensure you couldn't quite replicate the look. (Yda's red heavy armor boots, or Papalymo's ugly bright yellow heavy metal gauntlets.)

It's because unless you're playing a tank class, you can't equip various pieces of gear that you would otherwise have to wear in order to complete the look, unless you were playing 1.0 and saved a piece of gear from that.

Most people haven't.

So for those that want to, say, wear metal gauntlets and boots without being a Tank Class, this is your only chance. And what a shitty chance it is.

I can't believe they would sell people Yda or Papalymo outfits anyway.  Other than Minfilia and recently Y'shtola who both have gotten new outfits, all the Scions are just wearing a mishmash of old 1.0 gear with something added to ensure you couldn't quite replicate the look. (Yda's red heavy armor boots, or Papalymo's ugly bright yellow heavy metal gauntlets.)

It's because unless you're playing a tank class, you can't equip various pieces of gear that you would otherwise have to wear in order to complete the look, unless you were playing 1.0 and saved a piece of gear from that.

Most people haven't.

So for those that want to, say, wear metal gauntlets and boots without being a Tank Class, this is your only chance. And what a shitty chance it is.

Healers also had daystar gear.