Starsfall OOC Masterpost [Fate-14]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Event of Round 2 is Complete! I forgot to mention it in-game, but further denouement from this and other Events will, as a rule, come in the IC thread, after the current round is complete. Thus, all the special boosts and advantages the players built, for example, in this event, will serve a greater purpose, i.e. the strengthening of the newly-christened Camp Nowhere!

To which there is, incidentally, now an aetheryte. So people will be able to start ferrying in and out.

First Event of Round 2 is Complete! I forgot to mention it in-game, but further denouement from this and other Events will, as a rule, come in the IC thread, after the current round is complete. Thus, all the special boosts and advantages the players built, for example, in this event, will serve a greater purpose, i.e. the strengthening of the newly-christened Camp Nowhere!

To which there is, incidentally, now an aetheryte. So people will be able to start ferrying in and out.

I can be on reserve for c) .

It should be noted at this point, that anyone intending to take part in events from this point onward, has to spend a day or night's travel sometime to get to Camp Nowhere and attune to the aetheryte. People going to tonight's event, are likely doing so today~ So far this includes Nihka and Anstarra, though An isn't staying, and Enju, anyone else who needs to go...

EDIT: Anstarra, Nihka, Enju, Deidre, and Vael'a are all traveling in the same little convoy today~

Would it be an issue if vael used one of his FC's airships to shorten the trip?

Addressed in Skype chat, but putting this out here for general knowledge:

For now, and for a while at least, private airships aren't gonna be a thing in the plot. Once things move into Heavensward zones, where the aether currents are thick enough, flight on chocoback (or other personal conveyance) will become a (sort of) normal thing; airships, however, will remain the provender of those rich enough - or willing to invest enough Stunts - to have them. Typically they'll be plot devices, wielded by companies, sometimes available on loan (Contacts!) or rental (Resources!).

This being said, they'll totally be a thing eventually! And this plot WILL go north.. and up...

SCENE II: BLAZING TRAIL had concluded!

As a result of player actions:

Camp Nowhere has been established!

Four buildings encircling a twenty-fulm artificial pond, deep enough to dive into, and at the center of which is an Aetheryte. All players who have participated in this round of events are now attuned. The buildings include two warehouses, one barracks, and one command post/infirmary. The pond is self-refreshing, using a cycling and conversion of local aether to providing clean water to bathe with and drink as desired.

20 regular troops and one Flame Captain Maximillian Maximus are stationed there. In addition, there is a small medical staff, comprised of two healers and one civilian attaché (miss Frances Lorieux). Beyond this, a number of Adventurers can sometimes be found cycling in and out (that's you guys, as you see fit).

Thanks to player efforts, morale is fairly high, and there are some protective blessings on the soldiers!

Anyone wishing to go and attune to Camp Nowhere must spend a day, sometime, roughly 8 hours straight on chocoback, riding through the trackless far Southern Sagolii to get there. After this, however, you may go back and forth as usual per aether travel, and easily participate in the next round of events.

Anyone wishing to attune, leave a note in this thread.

Noteworthy NPCs:

Military:

- Flame Captain Maximillian Maximus, leader of the expedition, a large man with a mighty handlebar mustache

- Flame Corporal Joss, a young soldier recently promoted

Civilians:

- Garri, a Keeper girl from Ul'dah, living in Gridania, who has visions and likes to get in trouble

- Frances Lorieux, a young scion of Gridanian nobility, friend to Garri, gentle and skilled at conjury

- Rienne, a Wood Wailer on detached duty, assigned to watch over miss Lorieux

- U'jakata Tia, a thaumaturge skilled at rituals, seeking an item of power out in the desert

- - Minna, his cat

Infirmary:

- U'niall, a huntress, rescued from tormentors and convalescent

- X'nikka Zarann, a junior huntress, convalescent and prisoner

**Anyone wanting to interact or visit any of the NPCs let me know, I'll do my best to accommodate!**

I'd like to attune, if possible. (Akiko Nomura, and I'd love to be put on the reserve list)

Attuned! Though the next round of events isn't up yet, so, there's no list as of yet. Keep watch! Probably be a week or so before it comes up, and then another week or so before the events.

Nheu'a is grabbing his suntan oil and riding with Kiht to the camp whilst trading snarky rejoinders back and forth.

Aka attuning if possible ^_^

Very well! Unto blazing pain! Attunement is accomplished in good time.

Since this seems lucrative (potentially) and dangerous (probably), I'd like to see if Virara can still participate, maybe by traveling out there. I've been just barely edged out of two events and would really love to get involved.

Since this seems lucrative (potentially) and dangerous (probably), I'd like to see if Virara can still participate, maybe by traveling out there. I've been just barely edged out of two events and would really love to get involved.

And done! A new round of events should be appearing soon, keep eyes peeled...

A blazing trail into the desert, now spattered with bloody prints. In action and intent, the story moves toward its first climax, as heroes and villains (and many in-between) meet in a clash upon the sands, far from the eyes of the world.

The expedition stands ready, or as ready as it shall be. Who will stand with it? Who will follow the trail of their own personal stake to the conclusion? And what new trails wait to spring from there..?

ACT I: BLOODY PRINCE

SCENE III: Rock Falls, Everybody...

a) Sudden Assault! The Battle of Camp Nowhere! (Sunday, May 22, 2016, 5 pm CST)

[Mass combat, possible boss fight]

Forewarned by Hydaelyn's grace, the defenders of Camp Nowhere stand ready to do battle with savage warriors of a hostile Lynx tribe offshoot: the Bloody Prints of the Falling Stars. How will discipline and courage stand up to the murderous arts of a tribe of born killers..?

"They're coming!" "We know, lass, you-" "No, I mean NOW!"

"...TO ARMS MEN!! LET'S GIVE THESE SAND-LICKING PUSSIES WHAT FOR!!"

1. Virara

2. Renaea

3. Aigiarn Kha

4. R'shesha Otharn

b) The Murderous Ones (Thursday, May 26th, 2016, 8 pm CST)

[social, possible combat]

Be it pushing ahead alone, or supported by the survivors of the battle, determined Adventurers push on through the last leg of the journey, into the conquered territory of the Bloody Prints, to their sept itself; a onetime outpost and would-be seaport named Rock Falls. Now they must contend with those who remained behind - those unable or unworthy to fight - either in making peace, or wiping them off the edge of the continent...

"'Too young to fight' carries a different definition, for the Falling Stars.. it's quite simply literal. Though, too, the crippled and broken, and the clipped-tails, essentially slaves among their own people..."

1. Zanzan Yanzan

2. Arblis Ellhis

3. Nihka Mioni

4. Kiht Jakkya

c) The Final Resting Place of Mister Gegeraju (Saturday, May 28th, 2016, 8 pm CST)

[Combat, void things]

The backing behind this whole expedition having come in large part from gillionaire eccentric Master Gegereju, he remains extremely interested in the fate of his cousin, Fafaraju Gagaraju. He demands proof of his demise, if such exists. In the center of the ruined outpost of Gagaraju's creation, Rock Falls, lies a no-man's land from which radiates a tangible unease. The bones of the slain lie exposed, and there, in the middle, upon a spar of broken rock, dangles a fine-looking hat, which was last seen upon the owner of this place...

"Isn't this exactly what you signed up for? Now get in there and try not to catch anything. Like possession."

1. Leanne Delphium

2. Vael'a Ruhne

3. Lan Darklyn

4. Damascus

d) BONUS! A Golden Lodestone (Sunday, May 29, 2016, 8pm CST

[boss battle, I Hope You Like Pain, Consequences Mitigated]

Foiling evil is well and good, as is finding solace for a well-paying sponsor, but some of those out here are upon another mission. The wyrmtear, that deadly relic lost over a year ago, has left a subtle trail. Now it is time to pick it up once more... in Rock Falls, where everybody died. Or almost.

"Yes, yes, just let me check-" "SPARKLE, NO!" "MY HAND!!" "Follow that drake!!"

1. Akiko Nomura

2. Deidre Carpenter

3. Zaphir Zurlac

4. Kuina Kusushi

5. Nheu'a Polaali

Reserve:

1. Enju Abbagliato

2. V'aleera Lhuil

d or b.

Depending on how many I can sign up for, but I'm not sure which one I like most. They're all great.

edit:

Let's favor B, because it probably suits Nihka best. Even though I'm seriously super interested in D, for its connection to the golden lizard and Garri