Starsfall OOC Masterpost [Fate-14]

...I thought I had the spot but i ended up in a reserve slot anyway, huh. Are you doing sign-ups off of this site too, An?

Yeah, sometimes people poke me directly on skype when I announce things! Cuz they don't have immediate access, and whatnot.

Since you DID miss the last round, too, I think I'll just make c) one of those 5-slot events and stuff you in.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first foray into Xelphatol met with mixed results, as Dederu Deru has been rescued, along with four Brass Blade regulars and one Stone Torch. After escaping, the Aetheryte to the cold lands was once again disabled, presumably by X'indro, so-called Warlord of the Home Sept, and his warriors. It seems that further excursions will require a fresh start...

I may have some unexpected stuff to take care of today. I will let you know later if I can't attend. At least by like 3 pst today. I really really want to go, but it's urgent and time sensitive so while I want it to get it done tomorrow, I might not get my wish if I'm unlucky.

I didn't even know people had set Fate here in FF! I've been wanting to get into Fate games for a long time and even made all sorts of templates for it, but I've never been able to find anyone to play. I might not be able to join any soon, but I would love to eventually.

Here, for anyone who'd like to use these in the future, by all means feel free to!

Blank Fate C-Sheet

Blank Fate G-Sheet

I'll gladly post these in other places too if anyone wants.

Yeah sorry, I have to go to take care of an urgent rl matter, and I doubt I'll make it home on time. Please put me at the end of the waiting list. I hate flaking out but there's no other suitable time, my work schedule is very inflexible

Yeah sorry, I have to go to take care of an urgent rl matter, and I doubt I'll make it home on time. Please put me at the end of the waiting list. I hate flaking out but there's no other suitable time, my work schedule is very inflexible

Thank you for the forewarning~ I will look to the reserve list!

• 4 weeks later...

Fraught and hard-fought are the first steps into the cold, with foes appearing on all sides, and darkness lurking around every corner. Yet light gleams, and hope springs, as paths are forged both straight and winding, and the tossed coin of war and peace yet rolls upon its side...

ACT II: Cold Winds Blow

Scene II: Winding Roads

a) There Goes the Neighborhood (Friday, July 15th, 2016, 8 pm CST)

Word has gotten out to local groups of 'concerned citizens' that there exists within the Goblet a group of war criminals, murderers and cannibals who have somehow bribed their way into holding land. What begins as angry protests may quickly turn to violence; the Goblet Housing Committee needs order-minded Adventurers to help keep the peace.

"It's not enough that they were maimed and enslaved by their own people, now they can't even find peace among ours? How far can anyone be pushed, even - or especially - those battered so thoroughly into submission?"

1. Nihka Mioni

2. Zanzan Yanzan

3. Enju Abbagliato

4. X'cinna Ares

b) Ruination (or: Arby and Akiko's Super Happy Funtimes Adventure) (Tuesday, July 12th, 2016, 8:30 pm CST)

[Anyone signing up for this needs to be approved ICly by Arby or Akiko or both, as it is by IC invitation only! That said you can express interest OOCly and figure out if it's possible to join, we're not TOO picky =D]

Working at the behest of their sponsor, BEST OF FRIENDS Arblis Ellhis and Akiko Nomura are off to explore a terribly obscure little dungeon, and bring back anything of interest. Chance of buried Allagan monstrosities is considered moderate-to-high. What could possibly go wrong!

"I advise bringing allies with open minds, or whom you expect to be able to dupe all the way through to the end. Unless of course you don't mind more bodies left to rot on the wayside, once the matter is concluded..."

1. Arblis Ellhis

2. Akiko Nomura

3. Deidre Carpenter (maybe)

4. R'shesha Otharn

c) One Does Not Simply Walk Into Xelphatol (Wednesday, July 13th, 2016, 8:30 pm CST)

Honor-bound to his mission, and tired of delays, a veteran Dragoon forges a path directly into the cold heart of the north. To scout is the goal, yet is there truly any way to avoid encounters with the Falling Stars' Home Sept's lethal guardians, and their cunning Warlord..?

"Outsiders come to visit. I wonder if they bring more interesting things. Let's find out."

1. Orrin Halgren

2. V'aleera Lhuil

3. Virara Wakuwa

4. Chrysta Levail

d) At Any Price (Sunday, July 17th, 2016, 8 pm CST.. or Friday or Saturday! Depending!)

A reclusive and staggeringly-wealthy Monetarist has taken interest in the Falling Stars prisoners still in Halatali. Using her catspaws, the Brass Blades of the Order of the Aster, she has arranged for the purchase and transfer of the tribal warriors in question. Soon they will be brought to her castle-like compound for purposes unknown... but news of the transaction has reached underground channels, and now come those who would see the dangerous miqo'te free, before they would allow a Monetarist to get hold of them.

"Money talks in Ul'dah, yes, this is known. Sometimes the only defense one has from the machinations of the rich and powerful - or simply bored! - is to pass beneath their notice. Alas. Now there will be blood."

1. X'bree Ares

2. Evangeline Primrose

3. S'imba Tia (if Friday or Sunday)

4. Lan Darklyn

Reserve List

1. Zaphir Zurlac

2. Jana Ridah - c)

NOTE: There are numerous pre-sign-ups for this round; in future rounds I'll probably just make it open, depending. But this is because of IC implication and various PCs pushing certain agendas. If someone finds they are being left out of or have missed several events and would like to get in on one, please contact me and I'll do my best to fit you in, if not this time, then definitely in the next round.

• 4 weeks later...

One path closes, yet another winks open; even as defeat and duress waylay the heroes, their determination does not falter. The cold lands beckon, challenge the hardy and cut down the weak, merciless... but the world around is one of potential. Unbowed, ever forward...

ACT II: Cold Winds Blow

Scene III: Determination

a) Corruption Makes Everything Better (SKYPE EVENT) (Tuesday, August 9th, 2016, 5 pm CST)

In fortified, augmented aether lies the secret of the Falling Stars' unnatural strength... and so their weakness must lie in its corruption. A delve is formed, a dangerous expedition unto the farthest reaches and tunnels of the Burning Wall, to seek reagents which may be used in the construction of a device to combat the Nunh's Radiance. Here too grows flora most unnatural, whose virtues in the hands of a skilled alchemist are manifold...

"It's hard to negotiate peace with someone who holds the upper hand... any form of deterrent will be a welcome addition. Just be careful. This stuff might do a number on them, but your aether will fare no better, if exposed..."

1. Nihka Mioni

2. Zaphir Zurlac

3. R'shesha Otharn

4. Akiko Nomura

b) Velvet Glove, Spiked Fist (Friday, August 12th, 2016, 8:30 pm CST)

Where direct violence fails, words may find more ready purchase. Brutally effective in combat and tactics, Falling Stars Warlord X'indro Tia nevertheless seems more curious about Outsiders than most any of his kind. On comes a knight who never wished to fight in the first place, to try to reason with the savages; with her come those who will stand, openly or covertly, ready to bring violence unto those who break the peace... among them a dangerous fighter, come home at last. The skies darken, and threaten to break...

"Ideally those bastards won't even see me. Ideally for them. Either way, that idiot's gonna stop being a threat after today."

1. Renaea Algiernis

2. Khira Lhizahla

3. Orrin Halgren

4. Virara Wakuwa

c) Even More Grave Concern (Friday, August 19th, 2016, 6:30 pm CST)

Dederu Deru, ambitious scion of Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern, is not going to let a little thing like having her entire camp razed and all but a handful of her Stone Torches and Brass Blades massacred by savages get in the way of her dream of being the first to exploit the mineral riches of wild Xelphatol. After speaking with numerous contacts and pulling even more numerous strings, she has arranged a meeting with a very interested party... fellow Monetarist and extreme recluse Moiraine Astervane. Having had positive recent experiences with Adventurers, Dederu wishes to hire a retinue.

"Here we are, Goldentail Estate! What a creepy bi- erm, eccentric individual she is. Rich as Nald, though. Don't worry, I'm sure that's just a glamour, I doubt the walls are REALLY bleeding."

1. Arblis Ellhis (likely)

2. Lan Darklyn

3. Leanne Delphium

4.X'cinna Ares

d) Gone Shopping (Tuesday, August 16th, 2016, 8:30 pm CST **Time subject to change, will know by Friday 12th**)

In a certain warehouse in an innocuous part of Ul'dah are said to reside, if rumor is to be believed, several escaped tribal war criminals and a suspicious, black-robed, one-handed thaumaturge (and his cat). Dangerous in the extreme, they have out of general precaution remained hidden and low-key, even open to visits from the few 'Outsiders' they have come to somewhat trust. And thankfully they have not gone out wandering. Until today, when two notes greet visitors, rather than a sentry.

[align=center]"Golden Prince Sept, Enter And Die"

"Gone Shopping"

[/align]

This cannot possibly end well.

1. S'imba Tia

2. Jana Ridah

3. Evangeline Primrose (if we can find a new time/date that works for S'imba and Jana)

4. Xarl Raseiri

Reserve List

1. Kuina Kusushi

2. Artoria Aldsan