The Sin and Forgiveness Thread

I constantly undercut people by like 1 gil on the markets. It makes me glad your actual name isn't on any sales because I'm pretty sure I'd be receiving a lot of angry tells otherwise.

I don't even..... I get angry when people DON'T do this. Seriously, if it's not 1-10 gil then nine times out of ten it's some clown dropping the item's value by 5-20k. I don't see the issue with undercutting by 1 gil. It simply means you are taking advantage of the moment to have your items listed first. That's perfectly fine and normal market etiquette. What's actually bad is when people arbitrarily take big chunks out of an item's value and consequently cause everyone's profits to suffer when it comes their turn to undercut.

Please by all means continue doing this and know that you are doing a service to everyone else also trying to sell. Everyone profits more that way and the world keeps spinning.

As for my sins, I'm sorry for getting depressed about aspects surrounding one or two RP sessions of mine own making and putting off tagging until the point where I felt too embarrassed to post at all and consequently saw the entire thing abandoned. Every time I saw your names in-game or on the forums, you few who very kindly participated back then, I died a little inside and really hoped you didn't dislike me for it ;

I haven't been able to log into the game because I'm so embarrassed about not being able to log into the game since February.  It's true that I've been busy (very busy) but if this were City of Heroes, almost nothing aside from death or injury could have stopped me from logging in. 

The embarrassment is overwhelming but I can't cancel subscription because that would mean admitting to myself that I have this problem.

I know the feeling of now being able to login to do anything but more so due to life kicking me in the back of the head. My problem as been the need for money and work offering extra shifts. No longer have a money problem but now my sleep pattern is all messed up for working the better half of a year different shift nearly every day.

But I ask forgiveness most of the performers of the "A Show of Farce" event. I passed out from exhaustion sometime after.... Leanne's song. At least the last one I can at least somewhat remember was Leanne. I sorry for the others I missed and anyone who tried to pm me or anything due said event. T.T

I get really huffy about scheduling. Everything that goes wrong about it just makes me turn into a childish brat. Everything. Even me missing times I scheduled, for my own reasons.

I haven't been able to log into the game because I'm so embarrassed about not being able to log into the game since February.  It's true that I've been busy (very busy) but if this were City of Heroes, almost nothing aside from death or injury could have stopped me from logging in. 

The embarrassment is overwhelming but I can't cancel subscription because that would mean admitting to myself that I have this problem.

Oh my gosh I do this same thing for so many different things D: "Oh god I can't show up not after I missed last time, nope I'll just miss this one too, that's easier than everyone going 'where were you?' maybe tomorrow I'll be braver" Board game nights, friendships, college classes back then...

I ask my friends to roulette with me because I find tanking for strangers inordinately stressful...

...then, due to the lack of pressure, I somehow go from being a mediocre-bordering-good tank to being an awful tank. Losing mobs on big pulls, forgetting about patrols, doing the first three pulls without Grit on, the lot. I even got Terror'd in Haukke Manor yesterday. On the last boss. While adds galore were up. Who even does that? The AoE gives you, like, 5 entire seconds to stun or GTFO! I somehow did neither!

Also I mean, while I'm at it, I should probably mention that I annoy my friends approximately 100% of the time by constantly saying I'm awful at everything except my absolute comfort zone (which is SCH healing). I can only imagine they're tired of feeling like they have to reassure me, or of me "deluding myself" into thinking I'm worse than I am. I guess it's easier to say I'm bad when I'm not, than to say I'm good when I'm not? Or just that anxiety thing of "I feel bad, therefore I must be bad"?

In both cases: sorry, friends...

I don't even..... I get angry when people DON'T do this. Seriously, if it's not 1-10 gil then nine times out of ten it's some clown dropping the item's value by 5-20k.

Oh my god so much this. I have never been able to fathom the attitude that undercutting someone by a small amount is somehow malicious or petty or otherwise deserving of ire. That's how the markets stay healthy, people. Undercutting in huge chunks all the time is destructive to everyone.

My own sins? Uhh I dunno, I'm a pretty swell person. The other day I died to a really simple mechanic because I was too busy making jokes and flirting with the bard (and maybe also the healer) in the middle of the boss fight to play at 100%. Does that count? I mean, it really wasn't my fault. They were being all, like, aggressively hot at me, and laughing and engaging with me through the whole dungeon. What was I supposed to do, not respond and just focus on the fight? What am I, a robot?

(This may or may not happen on a semi-regular basis.)

I'm sorry for leaving every time roulette gives me a dungeon or trial I hate. (Mostly Cutter's Cry, Aurum Vale, Dzemael, and Halatali.)

I'm also sorry for alt-tabbing for like... half of every Void Ark run I do as a DPS. <_<

I'm sorry for leaving every time roulette gives me a dungeon or trial I hate. (Mostly Cutter's Cry, Aurum Vale, Dzemael, and Halatali.)

I'm also sorry for alt-tabbing for like... half of every Void Ark run I do as a DPS. <_<

I think everyone does that second part.

Lol I only run VA as a dps sometimes just to let everyone do the work.

I'm guilty of tank privilege.

Often while doing content, I just surge ahead caring nothing for people. I expect them to keep up cause I got places to be and rp to do and the daily is the least enjoyable part of my video game day and it will be over quickly. And if a healer let's me wipe on trash. Hehe.

Every healer gets one death. After that? I drop and go rp. Its leveling dungeons people. I ain't struggling through Sunken Temple when my free time is limited as is.

Speaking of Sunken Temple, some days I just flat out quit party moment I get it. I hate that dungeon so much.

Also rp. Lately I've gotten tired and lazy.

Where once my posts were para constructs of inspired effort, these days Im at risk of like two sentence posts sometimes if my work day was exceptional draining.

Also rp. Lately I've gotten tired and lazy.

Where once my posts were para constructs of inspired effort, these days Im at risk of like two sentence posts sometimes if my work day was exceptional draining.

This.

My problem right now is that I want to keep rping and have fun, but once I actually get started in the rp, I realize that my creativity and motivation are thin. At the start of rp i'll be fine, but it's when I get to around the middle/end of the rp when I start losing that motivation.

As much as I hate that my in-game availability is limited, I think it's actually good for me to not be online as much.

In other words, this is me apologizing to people who have been/trying to rp with me this past month.

My sin today is that I think I can offer you redemption through RP. Yet the offer is there, and if not me just seek to make another's RP great for them.

I don't take criticism well, especially when it's out out there for all the party to see. It stems from WoW days when I would run a random and every aspect of what I would do would be questioned and I'd be told how I 'should' be doing things by random strangers who don't understand that people have different play styles.

Admittedly I'm still fairly new to FFXIV, I don't have any kids at 60 yet so I don't know everything about my class and I'm learning. But don't call me out in front of people in the middle of a dungeon for something I should or should not be doing. 9 times out of 10, I won't do said thing just to spite you.

In RP terms, I would love to RP more but I am 100% legit terrible at making friends. All of the people I currently know in game know me through my fiance and I've not been able to make any friends on my own let alone find people to RP with. I never want to 'bother' people so I chicken out of messaging people here and in game.

I have been feeling guilty about overthinking everything RP wise and because I am overthinking it, I don't actually do much.

I have two prompts/forum RP-ish thing sitting around waiting for my response and I have yet to type a word because I am just thinking about what my response should be, what the post should entail, where it should lead...

I used to be able to just respond to it like reacting in live RP. I need to just relax, not overthink everything, and just answer the friggin' thing.

I've also contacted a few people going "Hey it would be cool to meet!" only to then realize I don't have any solid idea beyond just "meeting" so I don't follow through until I think of something more elaborate.

Also, last time I queued for a dungeon, the tank ran immediately ahead, while I was buffing. He didn't get SS nor Protect because he ran out of range. I then refused to put protect on him nor do anything other than regen him until we got to the first boss. If he ran away from my buff, I wasn't going to chase him down to give it to him, nor was I going to do anything more than minimum to keep him alive. I didn't bother to stance dance and DPS the trash either.

...Until Kas poked me about it (he was DPS in the group) and the tank pulled adds off me (I got aggro from regen :/ ) then I started to contribute again in earnest. My guilt did not last long though.

For whatever reason my anxiety is like way high again, to a point I am only comfy RP'ing with people I know and my FC. I want to break out of my bubble a bit. But even on alts, I will ignore tells (for whatever reason I think they are mt's generally) or have a total moment of panic and log off.

I am also a touch..anti-social I suppose. I feel like I could be a bother, so I tend to not message or friend people..ect.

My sin is that I keep screwing things up.

Oh, I finally join a guild, This guild tells me not to interract with person I enjoy rping with. Interract with him anyway. They hate me, then I left. They now shun me and are spreading rumors about me.

I joined a Guild on WoW a bit ago, the leader leaves not even a week later. (It wasn't my fault but I still felt bad.) So the guild disbands.

I tend to befriend people who no one else likes, I have no clue why either. They seem nice and then screw me over.

Now I barely have any roleplay and friends at all due to this.

I'm extremely paranoid and anxious, always thinking someone is talking bad about me. (Or that my reputation is bad, despite being told it's not.)

But I wanted to apologize to everyone who I did cause trouble to, intentionally or not, I just want a clean slate and to have fun again.

I needed to get it off my chest.

I confess, that I have left Balmung, but I love lurking here and reading about RP and game stuff.

I have spent much time in this game trying to find the right character (went through about 3-4 fantasias/different names) and the right people to be around. Balmung was way too crowded for me and it wasn't the right place in the end, so I migrated to Sargatanas a few months ago. A lot of people told me the people were mean there and I'd regret it, but I found some really nice people and I even finally got a small plot I quested for. that I didn't buy from another player I just was lucky and saw an open plot yayz. Now I even found a small RP LS that might lead somewhere as well. :D 

I'm sorry for leaving you behind Balmung 3