The Sin and Forgiveness Thread

We have dedicated threads for complaining about other people, both in game and out, and we have a RL complaining thread, and we have a lot of locations for us to vent spleen about stuff plaguing our lives and those of our characters.

What we didn't have, UNTIL NOW, is a place for us to confess our own sins and transgressions made against the world. So let us all take a moment, FFXIV and RPC Faithful, and reflect upon the things we have done or said in our less-than-glamorous moments. Mayhaps we can all find a little absolution in the dialogue.

I'll start us off, even. It hasn't been as much lately, but I am a full recipient of Tank Privilege and have done more than my share of leaving runs early if I don't like the party, or the dungeon, or I'm sick of wiping to Chrysalis for the fifth time. More recently, I was invited to a wedding in game and completely forgot about it until the day after, and I've felt pretty bad since then.

Disclaimer: Please keep it as civil as the other threads are; Don't use this thread to be passive-aggressive and be all "I WAS JUST TOO REAL FOR THOSE ASSES IN MY OLD LINKSHELL" or anything.

After multiple wipes in a Titan farm party, I became very passive aggressive in reminding people the mechanics. Usually, I'll end/begin the sentence with"it's really easy" or "kinda hard to miss" - stuff like that. There was actually a point where if we weren't making progression, I would be fairly passive aggressive about it. This is when I realized I needed a much-needed break from raiding.

I've sometimes gotten snarky towards others. I generally try to be really nice, but sometimes something just flips my switch... but it's not really a justified excuse for being unkind to anybody. So hey, if anybody's reading this and you feel I've been uncool towards you, I'm sorry. I'm game to hug it out and carry on, or if you want to talk about it first or something, just reach out to me and we can.

Levelling roulette. Aurum Vale (first time as healer). Struggling to keep tank up even though their health isn't dropping too quickly.

Suddenly get a bunch of 0% notifications. Forgot to repair before I queued. All my right side gear gone, left side is getting 10% notifications as we kill trash.

Apologise verbally, offer to drop out so they can get a proper healer, but also offer to stay if they'd rather have a bad healer than the in-progress queue. Group is indifferent, say I can do what I want / what I think is best. I try, but I'm really fighting just to keep the tank up through trash. I apologise again and drop out just before the first boss.

I used my roulette penalty to sit in the corner by the marketboard and spend all my gil thinking about what I'd done, because it turned out all of my gear on both sides was - broken or not - about 10 levels behind where it should have been. >_>

I've quite a lot of players on my list of friends that I just don't talk to at all. Generally speaking if someone doesn't talk to me for a while I just assume that they're no longer interested and stop interacting with them. It's not that I'm anti-social, I've just been burned far too often by the habit of people adding me as a friend with the intention of plotting together only to just...never actually get around to doing anything.

This makes me a little worried that I may unintentionally be burning bridges and missing out on potential plots and connections. I'm lucky enough to have a pretty close knit bunch of in-game friends that I talk to literally everyday but I do feel a little bad that it's seemingly so difficult for me to branch out beyond that.

I've quite a lot of players on my list of friends that I just don't talk to at all. Generally speaking if someone doesn't talk to me for a while I just assume that they're no longer interested and stop interacting with them. It's not that I'm anti-social, I've just been burned far too often by the habit of people adding me as a friend with the intention of plotting together only to just...never actually get around to doing anything.

This makes me a little worried that I may unintentionally be burning bridges and missing out on potential plots and connections. I'm lucky enough to have a pretty close knit bunch of in-game friends that I talk to literally everyday but I do feel a little bad that it's seemingly so difficult for me to branch out beyond that.

This exactly.

Maybe not exactly. I can be kind of anti-social sometimes....... D;

Everyone seems to do that bare a few and... I constantly have to poke people to play with them. It's... super exhausting to say the least, having to constantly keep that friendlist active and all...

Especially when I'm not exactly the most extrovert there is... Always feel like intruding, as silly as it sounds.

When I heal low level dungeons, I'm often bored and tab out to do other things or start dpsing and forget that I'm the healer. As a result, my friend died three times in the same dungeon. Sorry. :love:

I spam annoying chat macros and auto-translate phrases in dungeons with said friend.

I have an annoying limit break macro.

I forget to change out of RP gear when entering a dungeon.

So I went through a Thordan EX learning party as a healer to help someone out and we made it up to meteors before disbanding.

Next day I saw a farm party and asked them that although BLM is my primary class, would it be okay if I went as an AST. People were pretty chill with that.

All things considering, I did pretty damn well keep up through the meteor phase - I even solo healed the first part where Thordan smacks you with aoe+tank buster. It was after we made it past the meteor phase that everything went to hell.

I was so busy looking out for mechanics that I forgot about my party list and thus, forgot to heal. When I went to focus more on my party list, I forgot mechanics.....

We made it through the fight after about 3 wipes. To say the least, no one stayed in that farm party. I'm so sorry for the people who had to deal with me. >.<

I feel terrible as well, when I queue up for trial as tank and I get Chrysalis, I give the group 2 chances before bowing out. I never understood why people struggle with that fight, it's seriously the news SoF.

Besides that, I am tired of my group wiping on the same mechanics on A6s every week, it's getting to the point where I am expecting people to mess up on the mechanics. I know it's a terrible thing to say, but maybe this week, my static will see vortexer, finally >.>:frustrated:

I've get plagued by a similar issue to what Graeham faces: I make or get RP contacts, and look to set up a connection, or begin the process of making time and room for them, and things fall by the wayside. It's been tougher, lately, because I've been trying to get out of the house more and commune a little more with RL, and have been gradually putting together a serial RP story (involving a few alts, which makes me harder to find) but there are still a few folks I've meant to RP with, or at least give it a shot, and it evaporates. I'm not the sort of person who likes sending constant messages about it, beyond a couple, because I'm certain it would get to look more like stalking or an annoyance when, for all I know, something else may have come up for the other party, or they may have gotten into some new and interesting business taking up their time.

I just don't want people to think I'm dismissing or ignoring them.

Last night, I was so enthusiastic about getting to use Meteor that I dropped it on Brute Justice right after he landed.

For those not familiar with the Black Mage LB3, Meteor has a long cast time plus a significant animation lock. Its animation is also blindingly bright.

I then got to watch as the AE circles wiped everyone except the tanks.

The worst part is, that's about 20th time I've done M4 and I know better than to drop it then. :cry:

I feel terrible as well, when I queue up for trial as tank and I get Chrysalis, I give the group 2 chances before bowing out. I never understood why people struggle with that fight, it's seriously the news SoF.

Besides that, I am tired of my group wiping on the same mechanics on A6s every week, it's getting to the point where I am expecting people to mess up on the mechanics. I know it's a terrible thing to say, but maybe this week, my static will see vortexer, finally >.>:frustrated:

If this happens it can help to reexamine your processes. We had something similar happen on A7S until we went through the whole fight, mechanic and mechanic, and tried to simplify any mechanic that had a high degree of failure.

It could be worth it to take a lockout to just try new things!

I dismiss my familiar when just running around places, and will usually forget to re-summon it until the second or third pull in a dungeon. Or about 30 seconds into a primal fight.

And sometimes I go into healer tunnel vision where I'm so focused on getting everyone's health up that I forget to watch for AOEs and get myself killed...

I am one of those people who are like "MAN YOUR CHARACTER IS SO COOL" then I...I just dont. Idk. Im a very reclusive person in game, I dont particularly go out of my way to interact with those outside my small social circle, and to be perfectly honest I just dont like dealing with people after work. My hours are strange, my moods after my shifts stranger, and Im often times happier just curling up with my best friend and my pseudo rp partner and calling it a day. 

Id love to be a part of the community more, but Ive become such a misanthrope, and Ive gotten downright NASTY to people who have just approached me in the wrong way because I had a long day of being abused by entitled shitheads at work. Im not a TOTAL bitch, sorry balmung T_T

I haven't been able to log into the game because I'm so embarrassed about not being able to log into the game since February.  It's true that I've been busy (very busy) but if this were City of Heroes, almost nothing aside from death or injury could have stopped me from logging in. 

The embarrassment is overwhelming but I can't cancel subscription because that would mean admitting to myself that I have this problem.