Housing Tips/Expectations?

So this patch I'm going to be trying to get a house for the first time, I'm planning to get a small house in goblet since it's my favorite housing area.

I plan to stay up the night of the patch and run to the plot I want to try and get it before everyone gets on. I've heard it gets pretty chaotic, but since I am going to goblet that it should be a little easier. 

Does anyone have any tips or things I should expect that will make things go a little smoother on my part? Thank you for reading! c:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uuuuh

Make sure FFXIV is installed on your SSD drive. No joking, a friend installed FFXIV today onto it, just to go past loading screens.

Uuuh some people spoke about having swiftsong/monk stance on ect. Be on your ninja. IDK. People are going insane over this.

Good luck though o/

Biggest hint I've heard from others is to set yourself to /busy (either by typing it or having it set as a macro button to push). Apparently there are folks who will group invite or trade with you to keep you from buying a plot. Rude, I know, but it seems housing stuff is pretty cutthroat. Setting yourself to Busy should avoid that, though, and let you make the mad dash to your house of choice and buy it without that worry.

Know the layout of the housing area you intend to be in...so you don't get lost and waste time running to nowhere.8-)

@K'nahli

You need:

Character with level 50 in 1 of the classes.

Second Lieutenant in 1 of the Grand Companies.

For FCs it is...rank 6?

Know the layout of the housing area you intend to be in...so you don't get lost and waste time running to nowhere.8-)

@K'nahli

You need:

Character with level 50 in 1 of the classes.

Second Lieutenant in 1 of the Grand Companies.

For FCs it is...rank 6?

Thank you very much.

Biggest hint I've heard from others is to set yourself to /busy (either by typing it or having it set as a macro button to push). Apparently there are folks who will group invite or trade with you to keep you from buying a plot. Rude, I know, but it seems housing stuff is pretty cutthroat. Setting yourself to Busy should avoid that, though, and let you make the mad dash to your house of choice and buy it without that worry.

Not sure if I should laugh or not, people really do that? Lmfao.

That's what I was told. I'm not going to risk it, personally. I want this hoose. :<

That's what I was told. I'm not going to risk it, personally. I want this hoose. :<

I'd believe this. That was a common tactic used in FFXI endgame where you had to spawn monsters or claim zones.

As I type this, I see someone waiting outside the Ul'dah housing zone. She's level 50, in a FC consisting of two members, the other member being a Level 1 nothing. Meanwhile, she's simply level 50 in one class with Second Lieutenant in a Rank 8 FC without any housing that was founded this year, late March.

Should I suspect something?

As I type this, I see someone waiting outside the Ul'dah housing zone. She's level 50, in a FC consisting of two members, the other member being a Level 1 nothing. Meanwhile, she's simply level 50 in one class with Second Lieutenant in a Rank 8 FC without any housing that was founded this year, late March.

Maybe it's an FC who's moving but they've leveled up a second FC to buy a house with, so they don't have to demolish the first one, just in case they don't get their new house. One of my alt's FCs is doing this, that way if we don't succeed in getting the medium we want, we won't be screwed out of having a house at all.

Maybe it's an FC who's moving but they've leveled up a second FC to buy a house with, so they don't have to demolish the first one, just in case they don't get their new house. One of my alt's FCs is doing this, that way if we don't succeed in getting the medium we want, we won't be screwed out of having a house at all.

Likely.

And it's a wise move, too.

As for us, when I get off work tomorrow afternoon Arkamas and I are taking our desktops out of town to a friend with fiber-optic internet and hoping for the best. It would have taken us literally all day to download the patch from home anyway, but our internet going down Friday morning kind of sealed that deal. orz

You could make a call that will fall on deaf ears, to have someone help you get a house? Maybe someone who isn't clamoring over your trampled body to get their second or third house would do so, but who knows? :D

I think I am waiting for apartments, which seem to make more sense than getting a full house for a single person which could have been used for an FC that houses over a hundred. But hey, maybe they will want one of those on top of their second or third house, and I will be the next trampled body face down in the dirt/sand/stone?

Good luck to those who have no FC and no house to begin with!

I wouldn't worry over someone's claim that they'll be buying 7 houses. The issue on Balmung isn't gil - plenty of people have enough gil to buy houses. It's scarcity. By the time that one player gets their first house, dozens of other players will have gotten a house in the same time. Within about 20 minutes, I'm figuring all of the new wards will be more or less cleaned out. 

I'm aiming for one house. I have a plan in mind for a personal house next door to the FC house, if I get super lucky, but I'm not placing wagers on that.

I'm aiming for one house. I have a plan in mind for a personal house next door to the FC house, if I get super lucky, but I'm not placing wagers on that.

I have a total of four places picked out (two technically, but section and subsection to have it in), so hopefully I can get ONE of them. |D;;

How else would I bathe in the blood of 10,000 bots?

How else would I bathe in the blood of 10,000 bots?

Yes, true. I apologize for doubting your power Blood Empress Edda!

I am not worthy ;_; please spare the not race

The /busy I had not thought of, thanks.

Monk stance is a good one. Also you could sprint.

Start from a ward rather than the city or entrance, as likely to be less crowded.

Decide if you will use the local aetherite and run, or mount up and ride?

Have your backup locations picked.

If fail, check all wards as some may be dropping plots to buy new ones.

Make all officers able to purchase plots. That way you increase your chances.

And pray to the Internet gods.

Pray.

That's what I'll be doing.

Uh, but really... I'm going to be trying to do as much of these things as I can in order to get a house. My Eternal Bond Partner is going to try to get she and I the same plot in a different ward - so that'll help I hope.

I don't really have very high hopes of getting a house though. I don't have a great connection and I'm a PS4 player so I can't really do extreme things like installing the game on a SSD.

I'm prepared to extremely unhappy when I don't end up with a house.

Maybe the apartments won't be that bad... but we also don't know anything about them yet.