Housing Tips/Expectations?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be awful. I'm honestly glad I'm uninterested in getting my own house, but I really hope a lot of RPers are able to snap up the spots. The wards just seem less dead when RPers own the houses because they actually use them.

I wouldn't worry over someone's claim that they'll be buying 7 houses. The issue on Balmung isn't gil - plenty of people have enough gil to buy houses. It's scarcity. By the time that one player gets their first house, dozens of other players will have gotten a house in the same time. Within about 20 minutes, I'm figuring all of the new wards will be more or less cleaned out. 

I'm aiming for one house. I have a plan in mind for a personal house next door to the FC house, if I get super lucky, but I'm not placing wagers on that.

That wasn't on Balmung as far as I am aware actually, so rather I was just troubled by the mentality. After all, that's one person. He sounded quite confident in snagging that many homes so I wondered if he had made arrangements to seek out multiple simultaneously. Then account for other, like-minded people.

In any case, it's just my nerves acting up. I've been really anxious about this for the longest while, though luckily I've not had any more bad dreams about it since *laughs*   I hope I don't tonight because that would be a real twist in the wing.

In any case, it's just my nerves acting up. I've been really anxious about this for the longest while, though luckily I've not had any more bad dreams about it since *laughs*   I hope I don't tonight because that would be a real twist in the wing.

Man, I'm super-nervous about it still! Wondering if I should've practiced the run more, how many other people are gunning for the same plot(s), and other such things. Though, for some strange reason, I had a good dream about it last night... of running to the plot and there being no one there to contest it so I could buy it at my leisure... I can only hope that's a good omen. :blush:

Please take pictures of the rush.

No cause you ain't screen that A rank killing 20 something people.

#neverlettingthatgofuckyou

The circumstances are just a little different here.

You had one job.

... Running the Grindstone?

Please take pictures of the rush.

You had one job.

Aaron's just bitter than something happened at an event he didn't go to and he missed out because the people in charge of running the thing didn't stop to screenshot it while trying to get everything back on track.

On topic, though: We rarely see housing get added. Seeing how quickly things go and how much of a nuthouse this turns out to be will be useful information for the next time we see housing added. Demand can only go up, not down, so this might help out for planning in a year (lol) when we see new wards.

You had one job.

Aaron's just bitter than something happened at an event he didn't go to and he missed out because the people in charge of running the thing didn't stop to screenshot it while trying to get everything back on track.

On topic, though: We rarely see housing get added. Seeing how quickly things go and how much of a nuthouse this turns out to be will be useful information for the next time we see housing added. Demand can only go up, not down, so this might help out for planning in a year (lol) when we see new wards.

You damn right I'm bitter!

Also really hope people aren't taking my comments serious. Lol

Tips:

1. Before server goes down, go to the city's Aetheryte Plaza

2. Wake up at 6 AM EST. When server comes on.

3. Keep clicking left button furiously as you see some log in delays.

4. Hurry and go to the ward/subplot of any available plots.

5. Either you purchase the plot, or watch all of small plots get sold out in 10 minutes.

6. Then watch as Large and Medium get sold out in an hour too.

Tips:

5. Either you purchase the plot, or watch all of small plots get sold out in 10 minutes.

I'm pretty confident that Medium and Large Plots will get sold out much sooner than small plots this time around.

Tips:

I'm pretty confident that Medium and Large Plots will get sold out much sooner than small plots this time around.

Probably. Because #Balmung.

I turned down all my settings to limit background loading, have XIV on a SSD and am right where I need to be with some backup options if I miss out on my first attempt. Thanks for the Busy tip though, Gegenji. I never thought of people going to those lengths. So I'll have to type that super fast as I make my dash.

Tips:

I would honestly be SHOCKED if everything isn't taken within the first 3minutes of the servers being back up. I suspect Medium houses will go first, then Large houses, with small housing lasting the full 3 minutes. It will be pretty stupid how much of a land rush this will be. And I for one will likely take a break from the game for a looooong time should I not get my house >.>. likely only come back when they release more wards, and if they don't, welp onto other games that don't fuck their players over.

I would honestly be SHOCKED if everything isn't taken within the first 3minutes of the servers being back up. I suspect Medium houses will go first, then Large houses, with small housing lasting the full 3 minutes. It will be pretty stupid how much of a land rush this will be. And I for one will likely take a break from the game for a looooong time should I not get my house >.>. likely only come back when they release more wards, and if they don't, welp onto other games that don't fuck their players over.

I'm right there with you on this as well. I've been waiting for housing since 2010, and when it was first released in the manner it was, I was devastated that it was well beyond my grasp. I've given up the dream of having my mansion, and even decided to recently settle for a small at this point. But if I can't even get that, it'll be time for me to just walk away for a bit and consider other options. I'll certainly give the new 'apartments' feature a look over when more details come out on that, but I'm honestly not holding out too much hope on that at this point either unless they implement those in a manner that isn't just the equivalent of FC personal rooms 2.0.

I certainly wont be quitting over not getting a house, but I'll be really sad. I mean, like a lot of people here I've been working hard and saving my gil for a really long time in order to have a place of my own that isn't connected to my FC.

What made SE implement housing in this way? I'll never understand. Its terrible.

And now I'm really worried about the /busy thing. I didn't set up a macro for it and I know that the time I take to type is out is time that I won't be able to run to the plot I want.