How are you preparing for patch 3.4?

Yunas13

Patch 3.4 Soul Surrender is getting closer and closer. I started thinking about this morning how everyone is getting their mains ready for what is to come? I'm at the moment leveling an alt but I would love love to finish up the coils so I can see what the changed dialogue is. :) I'm also saving my gil and trying to not spend, though I might look into getting materia for Hikaru so she can be stronger in the healing department for the new dungeons!

I think I've got my main (Ruran) up to snuff. Mostly upgraded, finished Coil a long time ago, and have been working on collecting tomes for my secondary classes. Also been saving up gil for whatever nice glamours/furniture is released. +_+

I tagged along with the cool folks over at JH-RP and OoO to get Coil completed on my alt (Madoc) yesterday! We went through T1 all the way to T13, and it was an awesome trip. Madoc's not as geared as Ruran, but I think he's pretty set for the patch. I'd still like to get more tomes for him though, just to give his ilevel a nice boost.

Mostly just fidgeting, ready to tackle the content as soon as it's released.

I'm not doing anything in particular. Perhaps set my alarm clock early just so I can see if any houses in the Goblet auto-relinquish once the timer is put back on. Doubtful, but since I wake up relatively early anyway, it can't hurt to log in and see.

I've only did a tiny bit of Coil, and I get the niggling feeling that the change is only going to be a line or two of dialogue of her recognizing you or something similar... so I don't feel horribly inspired to try and get through the whole thing now. :angel:

Trying to get my main Tanya through coil (the FC is just doing 5, 9, and 13 in hope that the achivement is was triggers the bit for her dialogue), but miss out on the run for 9 yesterday.  Going to try to get it later this week before the last run on 13 this coming Saturday.  For John, I'm not sure if I can get a group together to get it and really, if I get it on Tanya then I want to see the difference with John.  With Kestlona, I'm not even going to attempt it.

Nothing, I'm gonna be spamming the 1v1 PvP dueling like no tomorrow.

Sorry friend I heard it's going to be an FFA Gurubashi Arena style. So.. any hope I had for that is gone. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. REALLY hope. The direct translation said dueling. The live letter video shows a pit people are killing eachother in aimlessly.

Anyway that put a whole damper on my everything. As I was thinking of getting my RP ducks in a row. I was thinking of making an RP-PvP free company with some weekly /duel tournaments and the like.. as soon as I could get my paws on a large house. Buuut if it's just going to be an FFA arena? Goddamnit that will make organizing shit too difficult. It will already be difficult because anything IC will have to be in a linkshell/alliance/free company chat, due to the pvpers who are going to be around there and not be RP friendly....... MMMMMMM.

Sorry friend I heard it's going to be an FFA Gurubashi Arena style. So.. any hope I had for that is gone. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. REALLY hope. The direct translation said dueling. The live letter video shows a pit people are killing eachother in aimlessly.

Anyway that put a whole damper on my everything. As I was thinking of getting my RP ducks in a row. I was thinking of making an RP-PvP free company with some weekly /duel tournaments and the like.. as soon as I could get my paws on a large house. Buuut if it's just going to be an FFA arena? Goddamnit that will make organizing shit too difficult. It will already be difficult because anything IC will have to be in a linkshell/alliance/free company chat, due to the pvpers who are going to be around there and not be RP friendly....... MMMMMMM.

. . . . You had 1 job SE. . .

At any rate I wasn't looking at it as a RP opportunity, I just wanted to 1v1 people and laugh as I bathe in their blood.

But, if what you say is true, guess I'll just let everyone kill each other then swoop in a destroy the survivors like a tactical genius.

At any rate I wasn't looking at it as a RP opportunity, I just wanted to 1v1 people and laugh as I bathe in their blood.

But, if what you say is true, guess I'll just let everyone kill each other then swoop in a destroy the survivors like a tactical genius.

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed. I loove RP-PvP. I've been trying to think of an FC idea for AGES. Everything I've come up with has been done. Yeah yeah yeah nothing is original but I didn't feel I could do any of those things better than the people who are already doing it. If that makes sense. But I've done the RP-PvP thing on other MMOs before. I'd looove to do it again even if other people are already planning it. Even if I have to restrict the RP to linkshells and party chat to spare us from the pvpers who are going to be lurking around. I guess, even if it is an FFA arena, I can still come up with something. I shouldn't be so negative.

EITHER WAY. I guess I better go run haukke manor hard mode a thousand times and sit on some varnish. Better craft a bunch of stuff for inside house stuff. Those apartments are gonna need to be furnished! Make some $$$.

Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope. http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed.

Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

So you saw that a feature you wanted was coming to the game but didn't read any of the information that came along with it?

I'm not 100%, I'm just going by what I've heard. I won't know anything for sure until the patch drops. Just got my fingers crossed.

Edit: A friend linked me this nifty thing so I have hope.

http://gamerescape.com/2016/08/16/duel-mode-spectator-mode-more-coming-to-ffxiv/

So you saw that a feature you wanted was coming to the game but didn't read any of the information that came along with it?

I read, then I saw the liveletter that showed absolutely no 1v1 combat. None at all. Just what looked like FFA pvp. Then I watched as a chat channel of people plotted to camp said FFA pvp pit so nobody could ever enjoy it. I mean, this wouldn't be the first time SE has promised something... aaaand then never followed up with whatsoever. Or outright gave us something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than what was promised.

Summoner Egi Reskins.

Ishgard Housing. (Apartments? ISHGARD APARTMENTS! No wait, Mist/LB/Goblet apartments. Boo.)

Custom Interface/Addons. (Wasn't there actual pictures of them developing this floating around?)

More Inventory Space. (Looks like that's for next expac?? ??? Or if you want to buy it.)

So really, with how PVP looks on this game thus far. I.. am not going to be surprised if this stuff is pushed back or not done at all. I would cry to the heavens and rejoice to Yoshida if they just got rid of GC requirements for frontlines. What a great thing that would be for queue times. But nah, the LORE. Yokai for the LORE. :lol: But yes I should read more information.

It's nice that I can now purchase an apartment or two without having to worry about it being at the expense of anyone who has no home whatsoever so I will be looking forward to something else come 3.4, though I doubt I can call it preparation.

I suppose you could say I am thinking of ways I might get out of work on the 27th though, haha.

I'm not really preparing myself as MSQ is done and Coil is cleared and my iLvl is alright I guess. Been mostly helping mates clear Coil and just planning for future FC activities etc. It'll be the first time I'm not taking a day off for the patch, so yeah, not super hyped at all. The most I'm looking forward to is new house furnishings, MSQ and hairstyles if there's any.

I'm at iL230 on my tankess, so it's all just flopping about and trying to fit in to RP in the meantime. I'm also super-casually kitting up my MCH.

Coil doesn't factor in to any plans; I don't care about Coil and am not willing to put up with PUG bullcrap on my first-ever runs for three or five different lines of dialogue. I'll just watch a video and expunge myself of that "EX filth".

Mostly getting each role's gear set over 225 on my gameplay main and getting the main class for a couple other characters over that number. Closer to day of, I'll make note of the unlock locations for everything. Getting my two level 50ish characters through as much msq as I can before patch drops. Actually... just RP and yokai. ; u ;