A call to all -loyal- Garleans

It's beginning to feel like most of the people playing Garleans these days are nothing but traitors who have thrown in their lot with the native Eorzeans, or at least chosen to separate themselves from their homeland. I know there have been a few Garlean-themed FCs since 2.0 launched, but they seem to have largely disappeared, and that just seems like a tragedy. The world needs opposition that isn't just mustache twirling evil, and RP will be better for it.

I've got a character who's essentially working from the inside out, stranded in Eorzea following the battle of Carteneau and the loss of his squadron, tasked with feeding information back to the fatherland. He's done well so far, but knows a team would serve better than him alone, and though he's wholly loyal to Garlemald he has a personal ambition to rebuild his team from before the war using sympathetic Eorzeans and Garlean expatriates.

So, and I realize this is a longshot, I'm looking for people who play/are interested in playing a loyal Garlean working behind enemy lines with the aim to eventually be a foil for other groups of RPers down the road. They can be former members of the military like my own character, Garleans who just happen to be living in Eorzea, or just people who believe a unified Empire is in the best interests of everyone. I want to stress that I'm looking for morally gray characters, people who believe what they're doing is right, not Saturday morning cartoon villains.

I'm more than happy to get into further details via PM, but will obviously be keeping things somewhat vague here so as to maintain an air of secrecy. Either way, thanks for reading.

Koharu might be a good fit for this. I wouldn't say she is loyal to the empire, but she is forced to be loyal to the empire. Her family are held hostage by the empire, and has also been forced to enlist in the Garlean military. Currently she is working as an information broker in Eorzea, but beneath her cover, she is a Garlean spy, gathering any useful information and reporting it back to the empire, hoping one day she would be able to free her family from the Empire's grasp.

If this has caught your interest, you can either pm me here or ig (Koharu Iyashi)!

Koharu might be a good fit for this. I wouldn't say she is loyal to the empire, but she is forced to be loyal to the empire. Her family are held hostage by the empire, and has also been forced to enlist in the Garlean military. Currently she is working as an information broker in Eorzea, but beneath her cover, she is a Garlean spy, gathering any useful information and reporting it back to the empire, hoping one day she would be able to free her family from the Empire's grasp.

If this has caught your interest, you can either pm me here or ig (Koharu Iyashi)!

Sent you a PM!

But -- Aren't Garleans mustache twirling evil? That's certainly been my impression of them through the story line!

I'm sure the vast majority of people in Garlemald are the same as any other nation, it just so happens to currently be ruled by a government with expansionist policies. Even then, the Emperor and pretty much every major Garlean character we've seen so far has felt that what they were doing was for the greater good of the world. I don't think we've seen one that was outright evil and just wanted to destroy for destructions sake.

As I already stated in your last thread, I'm totally open for anything on that side for my character, even if she is not garlean, and probably doesn't like very much authoritarian regimes. She sure likes their Magitek, and she also certainly doesn't care that much about who rules the world, especially when she probably wears thick rose tinted glasses on what Garlemald truly is about. After all, she tried to enlist not that long ago out of a teenage tantrum.

Could maybe see it as self interest at first. That would probably be more of a 'free electron' kind of approach, but I'm never opposed to see character change for any legit reason anyway.

But -- Aren't Garleans mustache twirling evil? That's certainly been my impression of them through the story line!

In the 2.0 MSQ, yes. In the 1.0 MSQ though, no. Not with the Black Wolf being portrayed as he was. There was a clear distinction between the batshit crazy garlics ala Nael, and the ruthless pragmatic garlics like Gaius.

To me the Black Wolf and the White Raven embody two very different philosophies, and while I can certainly admit that the latter can probably be qualified as mustache twirling evil (or just batshit insane), I wouldn't agree for the former, not the slightest. We will have to see also how it is for the new emperor and the successor of the Black Wol

Hello there,

Maybe my character, Meifeng, could fit in what you're looking for, as she is -loyal- but not because she truly believes in Garlemald, more because she thinks she has no choice left but submit to their will, being an othardian "refugee". Although she hates how she is treated and the Empire's means, she is torn apart between her loyalty towards her people, who were unfortunately labeled as rebel sympathizers, and her desire to see a world at peace in which she earned her freedom.

It's her 6th year of service so she's not a citizen yet, and works as a spy/assassin for Garlemald. I'm currently looking for more garlean connections, as so far I only been a contrasted antagonist for people fighting the Empire.

I also created a Garlean NPC if that can help but I'm not yet comfortable lore-wise to play an officer for PC plots. Might take some time.

Oh and, by the way, I love playing with Koharu, so maybe we could figure out something :D

There have been a few Garlean FCs out there, but most of them don't seem to have ever gotten off the ground insofar as having active RP going on.

I wish you luck with your attempt! I would love to see a Garlean FC get off the ground and be a real force for RP on the server. :)

There have been a few Garlean FCs out there, but most of them don't seem to have ever gotten off the ground insofar as having active RP going on.

I wish you luck with your attempt! I would love to see a Garlean FC get off the ground and be a real force for RP on the server. :)

I'm not sure if this is going to be a FC, LS, or what. I don't want my characters true allegiances to be known at a glance, so I haven't decided yet.

One of my alts, Glace Silencieuse, is a loyal conscript.  Certainly hit me up if you would like to pull him into anything Garlean-flavored.  I'm always looking to touch base with more loyal, active Imperials.

Pm'd!

For the 2.0 storyline, yea, its easy to see it that way. But as someone else said, 1.0 really shows more depth into the Garlean characters. Here's a video on Gaius!

(Skip to 2:53 for the real start of the video)

Back on topic, no loyal Garlean here but I wish you all good luck in your search for RP and be prepared to be put on a hitlist.... Just kidding... Maybe... \o

For the 2.0 storyline, yea, its easy to see it that way. But as someone else said, 1.0 really shows more depth into the Garlean characters. Here's a video on Gaius!

(Skip to 2:53 for the real start of the video)

Back on topic, no loyal Garlean here but I wish you all good luck in your search for RP and be prepared to be put on a hitlist.... Just kidding... Maybe... \o

Thanks for the well wishes. =P If we do our jobs right, you'll never know we're there til it's too late!

I may join you there on the Garlean bit.

I have an old 1.0 character I never got very far and while she may be a Miqo'te, we know the Garleans had several different races under their command. I have always loved the Garleans and their culture.

Hilarious part is... I just renamed her and reconfigured her /back/ to a Miqo'te, as I was having her run with a Garlean group that went under, and I missed her being a Miqo'te, given she is also who I have the paper certificate for. >__>

I'm not very far in the MSQ with her, not far at all, but I can work something out with her to work in some angles easy enough-- given again-- she didn't really get any line-light even back in 1.0

I may join you there on the Garlean bit.

I have an old 1.0 character I never got very far and while she may be a Miqo'te, we know the Garleans had several different races under their command. I have always loved the Garleans and their culture.

Hilarious part is... I just renamed her and reconfigured her /back/ to a Miqo'te, as I was having her run with a Garlean group that went under, and I missed her being a Miqo'te, given she is also who I have the paper certificate for. >__>

I'm not very far in the MSQ with her, not far at all, but I can work something out with her to work in some angles easy enough-- given again-- she didn't really get any line-light even back in 1.0

Another loyal soldier of the Empire joins the cause! Are there any more out there? I'm also more than happy to hear from folks that could use a unit of Garlean operatives as potential foils and rivals!

Mercenary under contract by the empire that is conducting operations. My contract also requires me to lend aid to other garlean forces should they request aid. If interested do let me know always looking for people who could utilize my services

I play a loyal pure blood that lives among Eorzeans, she has her own hidden agenda but would help any loyal to the empire within Eorzea. I do also agree on a sizable active Garlean group being good for the server.

Mercenary under contract by the empire that is conducting operations. My contract also requires me to lend aid to other garlean forces should they request aid. If interested do let me know always looking for people who could utilize my services

PM'd the both of you!

I've been bemoaning the lack of actual loyal Garleans for a while now. Seems like most of them are traitors, are forced into working for the Empire, or just don't care. My character, Suvaraih (goes by Raih), is staunchly loyal to what the Empire represents and believes in it wholeheartedly. He used to be pretty high up in the military until, through various shenanigans, has been sent to Eorzea in order to advance the Empire's agenda through whatever means he deems fit. I'd love to interact with some loyal Garleans!

I'd be happy to get involved...especially if there's political intrigue and moral complexities included! I've been role-playing a Garlean half-breed with conflicted loyalties since the start of 2.0. As far as he's concerned he'd prefer to see peace between the Empire and Eorzea but after learning what went down in Ishgard he has become increasingly disillusioned with Eorzea's hypocrisy. He also isn't fond of the idea of Garleans being slaughtered just because they're, well, Garlean which is what he suspects is on the horizon due to the rising tensions between the two forces.

I've been bemoaning the lack of actual loyal Garleans for a while now. Seems like most of them are traitors, are forced into working for the Empire, or just don't care. My character, Suvaraih (goes by Raih), is staunchly loyal to what the Empire represents and believes in it wholeheartedly. He used to be pretty high up in the military until, through various shenanigans, has been sent to Eorzea in order to advance the Empire's agenda through whatever means he deems fit. I'd love to interact with some loyal Garleans!

PM'd!

I'd be happy to get involved...especially if there's political intrigue and moral complexities included! I've been role-playing a Garlean half-breed with conflicted loyalties since the start of 2.0. As far as he's concerned he'd prefer to see peace between the Empire and Eorzea but after learning what went down in Ishgard he has become increasingly disillusioned with Eorzea's hypocrisy. He also isn't fond of the idea of Garleans being slaughtered just because they're, well, Garlean which is what he suspects is on the horizon due to the rising tensions between the two forces.

And PM'd!

As I had messaged the OP I'll toss it here as well. Abby, Abelia being her Garlean name is still loyal to her country but does not agree with how the Emperor is running it as well as how he isn't afraid to throw his people at a spike wall until the bodies build up and he can walk over it. She left after being ordered to kill innocents during the Doma rebellion and hopes that her country will rise up to be greater. Anyone who needs a Garlean contact or a Medicus is more then welcomed to hit me up!

As I had messaged the OP I'll toss it here as well. Abby, Abelia being her Garlean name is still loyal to her country but does not agree with how the Emperor is running it as well as how he isn't afraid to throw his people at a spike wall until the bodies build up and he can walk over it. She left after being ordered to kill innocents during the Doma rebellion and hopes that her country will rise up to be greater. Anyone who needs a Garlean contact or a Medicus is more then welcomed to hit me up!

Look forward from hearing from us sometime soon! We've got about five active people and a linkshell set up, and things are gradually ramping up. I doubt we'll make an FC even if we get big because it doesn't make sense for a covert operation to advertise itself to the world. Even if it was OOC knowledge I've encountered too many people who can't help metagaming using stuff they as a player happen to know.

If you really have to make a FC at some point, it's not nonsensical to go the route of a phoney company serving as a legit cover for your things though.

I would be more interested by a RP LS (not an OOC LS) to get in touch with garlean players and try to connect PCs for plots, but maybe that's just me :o

I hope I'll be able to meet you guys at some point. I plan to stay online all night today to be available in your time-zone, so feel free to throw an invite!

If you really have to make a FC at some point, it's not nonsensical to go the route of a phoney company serving as a legit cover for your things though.

I would be more interested by a RP LS (not an OOC LS) to get in touch with garlean players and try to connect PCs for plots, but maybe that's just me :o

I hope I'll be able to meet you guys at some point. I plan to stay online all night today to be available in your time-zone, so feel free to throw an invite!

Hopefully I can catch you sometime tonight. =P I literally just dragged myself out of bed so I'm gonna need some time to really wake up, but if you're still around tonight I'll be sure to grab you or at least get you on my friends list to make it easier next time.