The Pet Thread!

So I thought it would be cute to have a place to upload pictures of pets and stuff for everyone to see.

This is my dog Jazzy (Jasmine) we got her from the humane society on Kauai when she was two months old(?)  And she cried the whole night, so we adopted her mom the next day, but her mom is with my grandparents now (and no they're not dead, but it sounds that way in that sentence lol).

We don't really know what breed she is, but we're pretty sure some type of Pomeranian-Terrier mix (because she's crazyyyy)

j9oJNKD.jpg

j197sgu.jpg

p.s. The chair she's sitting on looks fucked up because of my dad's goats. >_>

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my dog before she passed away sadly. Her name was Eme Lou Russel. Eme was short for the emerald-like eyes she had as a puppy.

IWCQR3U.jpg

So I thought it would be cute to have a place to upload pictures of pets and stuff for everyone to see.

This is my dog Jazzy (Jasmine) we got her from the humane society on Kauai when she was two months old(?)  And she cried the whole night, so we adopted her mom the next day, but her mom is with my grandparents now (and no they're not dead, but it sounds that way in that sentence lol).

We don't really know what breed she is, but we're pretty sure some type of Pomeranian-Terrier mix (because she's crazyyyy)

j9oJNKD.jpg

j197sgu.jpg

p.s. The chair she's sitting on looks fucked up because of my dad's goats. >_>

Absolutely adorable! *hugs your dog*

MY TURN!

Kitties~ Maxim and Lily. They are brother and sister from the same litter. Friends of my parents adopted a Maine Coon-like cat from the shelter and turns out she was pregnant! So yay. Five kitties. Maxim was the runt of the litter. They gave one kitty away, and decided to keep the "twins," leaving Maxim and Lily left. When we went to pick out one, we had to get them both!

This picture I got from my parents' friend of the litter (and Mom's tail). Maxim is on the far left, and Lily is second from the right.

9PhqkjX.jpg

Maxim when we brought them home.

LgbYGWQ.jpg

Lily~

6OvijFK.jpg

Maxim

xsfPAas.jpg

Lily

giIx4x3.jpg

Maxim and Lily!

fDlmNbf.jpg

Fast-forward. Maxim went from runt to huge fluff ball and Lily is a dainty little short-hair.

W4W0nC5.jpg

Sleepy kitties.

nnqNY4S.jpg

Lily.

jsuyw2V.jpg

Lily really likes shoes. She sleeps next to them a lot.

ZOve9Sb.jpg

Zzz Lily

YK71hl5.jpg

Resident fluffball Maxim

UZc8M8F.jpg

Sitting on me when I am buried in blanket.

jVyy7jO.jpg

They both play with water, but Maxim REALLY loves it.

LAcLdLg.jpg

BIRDS! I currently have two peach-faced lovebirds. Oliver, who is now ten years old, and Evelyn, aka Evie, who is.. hmm probably six now. They hate each other (or rather, Oliver hates Evie because he thinks he's a person and wants nothing to do with her tail raising~), so they have their own big cages. They're awesome. Oliver is a "Jade" mutation (wild-type with one dark factor), and Evie is Lutino (wild-type with ino factor).

Oliver, so handsome!

uVxjiGo.jpg

He didn't like my fake nails.

IugMTQp.jpg

Evie (The red eyes are not from flash, those are her eyes. The ino factor is similar to albinism.)

rZQhgd0.jpg

Flapflapflap!

DnhaIxr.jpg

Love these! We've always had family pets while I was growing up, but I'm partial to personally having cats myself.

My buddy Neko (yeah, I know >.> ) is such a character. He's so spoiled and gets a lot of hugs and belly rubs (didn't mean to rhyme that). xD

neko_outside_1.jpg

neko_outside_3.jpg

neko_outside_2.jpg

Here we have Edgy - whom I got 7 years ago when I was living in Oklahoma.  He has a pretty easy life of sleeping about 21 hours a day and pretending that he hates the new puppy when it's pretty obvious that he likes her.  I thought this picture was fun because he's chosen to seat himself on the lower part of the sofa, even after his mommy bought him a nice cat bed up there by the window.  Also lazer eyez!

IMG_20121209_204322.jpg

And the newest addition to the family is Zelda - whom we got from the Humane Society only a couple months ago.  Every bit the princess, she is all black except for the white stripe that runs down her neck and chest.  She is a min-pin and black-lab mix, and still a puppy.  And she is way hyper.  Like... WAY hyper.  And the cat is a disgruntled old man.  So that has been a fun dynamic in our lives recently~  She also knows and obeys a few commands already.  And even though she gets in trouble for stuff fairly regularly, it's hard to stay made at her cuz... dat face....

IMG_20130602_145131_zps6d868d64.jpg

Love these! We've always had family pets while I was growing up, but I'm partial to personally having cats myself.

My buddy Neko (yeah, I know >.> ) is such a character. He's so spoiled and gets a lot of hugs and belly rubs (didn't mean to rhyme that). xD

neko_outside_1.jpg

neko_outside_3.jpg

neko_outside_2.jpg

omggggg gorgeous eyes.

That's our beagle, Whiskey. She's a little overweight. She likes to eat when the Husky is near, just because the Husky wants to eat.

Romeo. He was supposed to be a docile, jump in the lap dog. He's a Jack Russel... Nuff said, yes? He's also a grouchy old man dog, now.

Lucy. She was supposed to be a purebred Chihuahua when we got her.. But she's as tall as Romeo. I think she's a Chihuahua/Jack mix.

Cutie. She's also called Bug by some.

And lastly, Abbigail, or Abby. She's our Husky. 

Now, keep in mind that most if not all of these are rescues. Never from a shelter, surprisingly. Whiskey was a gift to my Dad's coworkers mom, who didn't want her. She was such an adorable puppy, we couldn't pass her up. Romeo was the runt of the litter, the last one to go. I wouldn't neccessarily consider those two rescues, but ah well. Lucy, we got from a coworker of my Dad's as well.. She had severe cases of several types of worms. She is the only living one from her litter - The others froze to death outside, died from worms, or starved due to irresponsible owners. Cutie was supposed to be a temporary thing.. We were watching her for a guy that lived in an apartment, untill he could afford to pay the deposit. She wasn't allowed to bark there. Several years later, she has this little chainsaw growl-bark and loves to run outside.  Lastly, Abby. A man came into Mom's work, saying he would shoot his dog if no one took her. She's since become one of the most loyal dogs around, and has stopped people from breaking into our house twice now.

Also - I hate forums. I couldn't figure out the spoiler thing, so deal with it. ^.~

neko_outside_1.jpg

neko_outside_3.jpg

neko_outside_2.jpg

OMG. Angora? Freakin' beautiful!

omggggg gorgeous eyes.

Hehe, they are pretty cool. Though, actually the green eye is not right. It doesn't have the reflective properties of his blue eye. He has a tendency to wink sometimes. ;) But he doesn't run into stuff at least.

OMG. Angora? Freakin' beautiful!

That's what I've been told. I don't know if he's mixed at all, though. The folks we got him from didn't seem to know much about him.

Since Felix is allergic to cats we can't have one of those. And we have beige carpets so no dogs...yet. One of these days he'll come home to no carpets and a puppy i swear.

So while I wait:

I have Skip my bratty fish child. He's really the class pet but they're doing classroom makeovers and he's been home with me for a month...he may stay there too. He loves to mess with the stones at the bottom of the tank to tell me he's hungry...which is a lot.

DYkR9hl.jpg

• 2 months later...

Moderator Note:

Topic merged ~

Not sure if there's already a thread along these lines but I did a bit of digging around and nothing came up! Simply put, I'd like to see this thread used to show each other our pets, be they cats, dogs, snakes or something more exotic.

Here's my Maine Coon kitten, Cersei:

9kH4ZS2.jpg

I've had her for two weeks now and she's very playful and friendly despite initially being quite shy. As some of you may have guessed, her name is inspired by Cersei Lannister - one of my favourite characters in Game of Thrones.

Ah, now this is a real life picture-sharing thread I can get behind.

My babies are my world.

First there is Fish, who can be dignified:

htqjeOc.jpg

Or sleepy

tWUugSK.jpg

Or even, on occasion, silly!

qJUjXcR.jpg

And the more recent addition, The Dark Lady Our Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner. We call her Sylvie. She does her namesake proud. I think.

oiSpEky.jpg

Actually, she kind of just has one mode: Derp.

pKoLbVK.jpg

Though it comes in a couple flavors.

rvieDEg.jpg

And here you have a rare image of them not fighting:

P78XQvZ.jpg

Pet threads, yaaaay! I'll share my babies with y'all.

tumblr_mtp80t5Td31rhj13zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh66jpV44V1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's Seti, a maine coon mix of some sort (he was rescued as a stray so we don't know for sure) who acts more like a dog than a cat. He's a big, very spoiled boy and he gets upset when we sit on "his" furniture. He also likes to sleep in weird positions but I think that's a cat thing anyhow.

tumblr_mmyqsgSkyv1rhj13zo1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjgwa5anWw1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's Castiel, my littlest of little corn snake babies. He's a snow and he's incredibly chill.

tumblr_mh3phvSDwc1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mke45rJLUi1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's Castiel's "sister", Ruby. Yeaah, they're named after the Supernatural characters... >_> She's a little more spunky. Supposedly, she was the smallest of her clutch and our breeder expected her to die but she's shown a VERY strong feeding response so she's doing wonderfully. She's a blood red and she doesn't like to take pictures. @_@

tumblr_mgdcdy7Fku1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhvztvf3Mh1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's Thessaly, a hypomelanistic, and she was my first snake along with her "sister" who's coming up next. An absolute darling and she loves to climb on peoples' heads. She's named after the witch in Neil Gaiman's Sandman series.

tumblr_mfgfylPMdp1rhj13zo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mjo308d1pL1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's my fiance's baby, a vanishing ghost stripe named Ghost (named after his lack of imagination). The first pic is from when we first got her and she was just a tiny little noodle of a thing but now she is almost three feet long! She enjoys pretending she's a tree python and eating mice butt-first.

tumblr_mjtqfoff9i1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mldg5qO3xg1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

That's Oda, a caramel. If you look at him from certain angles, his "eyebrows" look like he's scowling at you but he's really a big sweetie. He and his "brother" are the biggest of our snakes at over three feet though they are not much older than Ghost and Thessaly.

tumblr_mlmooilzhp1rhj13zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjtox0xuvO1rhj13zo4_500.jpg

Last but not least, we have DeGaulle who is probably my favorite in terms of beauty. He is a ghost bloodred and he has the most amazing blue eyes.