The Pet Thread!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone has such cute pets!  ♥♥♥  We have three dogs and two birds at home, but this one is mine.  Her name is Paprika, and she is a papillon.

IMAG0144.jpg

Here she is the night I got her, she was feeling sleepy when I was browsing tumblr.

IMAG0165.jpg

A few months down the line, her coat was still very fluffy.  She always had the habit of sticking her tongue out a bit while she was teething.

IMAG0252_zps0f6acc66.jpg

You can see her ear fringe has grown a bit since then, she's about nine months old at this point.  We've had to trim it recently because her rough housing with the other dogs caused them to pull on it, yanking some of that fur out. D:

She's cute and she knows it, and has my mother wrapped around her paw.  She's probably the only dog our family has ever had that was able to express herself so well.  Lots of personality and attitude in a small package.

Her love of ice cubes and roasted sweet potatoes knows no bounds.  >x>  

• 1 year later...

Moderator Note:

Thread merged ~

Just thought I'd make a cute thread about pets and animals, because they cute. Do you have a pet whose stories you wish to share, a cute animal you may have seen doing a cute thing, or anything animal related in general? Well, this is the thread for you. (And the spotlight for our furry, feathery, scaly etc. friends!)

So, I'll start off.

Allow me to introduce to you the NAC. What is the NAC, you say? Well, NAC stands for Natural Alarm Clock. What is this Natural Alarm Clock, you ponder? 

Well... first, let us see what an Alarm Clock is. It is a magical device or app in your phone that correctly remembers the time, and then wakes you up when you want to. Very convenient. And very responsive and obedient. Takes one smack or one swipe to shut it up. 

Good. Now let us come to the aptly named NAC, an alarm clock that works quite similarly, the only difference being shutting it, or rather him, up. You know those weekends you just love? No work, no school. Peaceful sleep. Well... they're just a fantasy. Because cue 9.00 am and the NAC starts screaming, ear piercing and head popping screaming (yes, screaming. Not squawking, screaming). Translation: Wake the fuck up. It's morning! And so you start with soothing words, 'There, there. Shh. Quiet now. That's quite enough.', and then progress to shouting and hair pulling, 'Shut up!! You despicable parrot!'. Problem is, both methods have the same output: More screaming. 

Then, you carry his cage to his usual spot and he calms down for a bit. Then the screaming resumes. Translation: Hey, why am I alone here?! Everyone else wake the fuck up! And so, the remainder parrots make their way to their usual spots, all groggy and sleepy, but none of them brave enough to challenge the NAC. Some more calm. Then comes even more screaming. Translation: Hey, where's the rest of the flock?! Wake the fuck up! It's morning! And so, the human part of the flock must sit on the sofas, sleep ruined. And then... he stops. His mission as the NAC is successful. 

Who needs a regular alarm clock when you've got a NAC, right? :frustrated:

Oh, but who is the NAC? My oldest parrot, a green Indian Ringneck, big on personality and intellect. :3 (And hence, very loud screaming as well.)

So, pets and animals, come share (or steal) the spotlight! :)

Edit:

Um, no one has any pets? :cry:

I sadly did not see this thread until now.

Anyone who knows me will see how much I spam Arturius around. Or anyone who has seen my posts in the Cute thread.

On weekdays, I have an artificial alarm clock mainly because I get up at 4:30am in the morning. So I am the one waking him up.

BUT ON DAYS THAT I DON'T WORK LIKE WEEKENDS... OH. MY. GOD. ARTURIUS.

He will grab all the toys he can find. Throw them on the bed. Start pawing them. Throw them at my sides. Paw at them. Run and jump all around. ON ME. In my face. At my sides.

GgRPQfT.jpg

Stop playing this game where you have a tail and ears!

0WESWpa.jpg

No, I won't get off.

XBWqcNa.jpg

GpooXWI.jpg

BUT MOM I SAID NO PICTURES!

xFFlGJQ.jpg

HI

O3YwGFX.jpg

IT'S OK YOU DON'T NEED THOSE

wYOft3z.jpg

0mdUTbI.jpg

Relevant... This is what i woke up to. And still do on Weekends.

1c47zBb.jpg

This is (... was...) Grr.

5202b53ca068d6072c18bbb5.jpg

In the line of cats I had, she was the one I loved the most... and the only one that I actually wanted/chose for myself. She slept by my head every night (with at least one paw touching my head at all times), greeted me at the door whenever I came in, and gods forbid I tried to go and use the bathroom without her supervision. I'd sit down at my desk, she'd jump up and sit on my left thigh, rest her head on my shoulder, and extend her paw across my chest like she was hugging me and insist on staying like that for hours or until I got up again. She even played fetch, though if you ignored her attempts to get you to play with her, she'd take her ball, dunk it in her water dish, then come back and drop the soaked toy on you... and sometimes she'd do it in the middle of the night.

My doctor and roommates talked me into giving her up, though, after I had a major medical issue. I really hope she went to a good home...

And this is Cory... aka "Trollpuppy"

545d34ed22c3922362030772.jpg

He thinks he can drive the truck.

We adopted him out in California a little less than two years ago. He is probably a Jack Russell/Basset mix, or a pudgy Jack Russell with oversized ears, a tendency to howl instead of bark, and a super mellow personality.

Kenji and Zenji, my two cat twins...

545d2ecd22c3922362030000.jpg

They always give me weird looks when I'm cleaning their litter boxes... I like to imagine their conversations...

"Dude... dude! Watch. She's doing it again."

"I know, just ignore her."

"But she's stealing our poop!"

"I know, I know."

"Why!?"

"Look at it as a sort of deal, okay? She gives us food, we give her poop."

"But what would she even want to do with it!?"

"I don't know. Why do you even care?"

"It bothers me. This really bothers me. Ugh, LOOK! She even took the one I just made!"

"I saw."

"I hadn't even covered it yet. It didn't even have a name yet."

"Sigh..."

"Tell you what, I'm done with this."

"What do you mean?"

"No more poop."

"You plan to never poop again?"

"Exactly."

"You can't do that."

"I so can. I'm not pooping right now, see?"

"... Yeah, you're right. .... I'm not pooping, either."

"Really?"

"Yeah.. "

"..."

"...You don't think it's infectious, do you? Not pooping, I mean."

"I don't know."

"I don't feel safe. I think we should stop this."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Look, litter's clean. Let's go poop."

Here's a compilation of my cats laying in strange places:

Belle under the Christmas tree.

vk8CcMI.jpg

Belle on her favorite spot on my chair.

b0Ieyv3.jpg

Olive and Celty cuddling.

aH4zODh.jpg

Hamster-kitten Celty in my boyfriend's armpit.

MsiWBuW.jpg

Celty camouflaged!

Y715MTq.jpg

Celty in my stuffed animal collection.

mRhuoOn.jpg

Celty pulling all the hand towels off the shelf so she can lay there...

tDMd0Ob.jpg

Celty and Belle moments for a battle for ownership of the box ensued.

fTLjFoD.jpg

Celty in my laptop bag.

AZ5CCZb.jpg

So, uhh... yeah. I really like cats.

Celty in my stuffed animal collection.

mRhuoOn.jpg

I admit it, it took me waaaay too long to spot the cat <_<

Did I mention I'm a former horse trainer? I think I do in almost every thread I post on >_>;

Anyways, sadly I didn't own my first phone until after I was forced to quit the job, so most of my "patients" aren't on my PC pictures, but... here's some of my own horses.

Stormy (paint horse) and Golden (creole on paper, but I suspect a Clydesdale hybrid). Stormy passed away a couple years ago sadly :cry: ...

54cf34f822c39258738b25ad.jpg

Here's some pictures of Golden. I really wish we had a mount with his coat in-game. I'd never stop using it!

54cf34e222c39258738b25a1.jpg

54cf34f422c39258738b25ac.jpg

54cf350422c39258738b25b0.jpg

54cf351c22c39258738b25c4.jpg

54cf351022c39258738b25bb.jpg

54cf350a22c39258738b25b6.jpg

54cf350822c39258738b25b5.jpg

Sadly I have no pictures of myself with him, because I have no one that'd take pictures to me while I work <_< ...

Tried to scan a couple extra pictures of Golden, but the quality is awful:

54cf378c22c39258738b2921.jpg

He was pissed to a mare next to him here:

54cf378e22c39258738b2924.jpg

This is Diego, the last cat I owned before the Twins. He had a tumour to his paw that'd threaten to invade his ribcage around 10 years old, so we had to amputate sadly. But he didn't seem to give a damn, and kept jumping and running around like a cricket for another two years! Sadly after that, the tumour struck again and we couldn't help him anymore, but I'm sure he enjoyed those extra years he had.

54cf37ad22c39258738b2939.jpg

Look at that feral yawn!

54cf37b022c39258738b293a.jpg

So many adorable animals!! Whee! :bouncy:

Incoming stupid noob question: Is it possible to put up pictures directly from my phone here? If so, how?? :dazed:

The memes were cute and hilarious at the same time, all the kitties, and the doggies and the horsies I want to hug! 

... and message for Val: Since Faye's love for cats knows no bounds (and I love that fact), prepare yourself for a collar and leash! Do it, do it, I say!

Oh, Mitto the NAC bit me yesterday... and bit Peaches, plucking off two feathers from her forehead... few days before that he bit Lolly and plucked a couple of his feathers... Problematic parrot doesn't want me to go back to college. xD

Ah, yes. My next story will be about true love! :love:

... but first I need to know how to put up pictures from my phone... :|

So many adorable animals!! Whee! :bouncy:

Incoming stupid noob question: Is it possible to put up pictures directly from my phone here? If so, how?? :dazed:

The memes were cute and hilarious at the same time, all the kitties, and the doggies and the horsies I want to hug! 

... and message for Val: Since Faye's love for cats knows no bounds (and I love that fact), prepare yourself for a collar and leash! Do it, do it, I say!

Oh, Mitto the NAC bit me yesterday... and bit Peaches, plucking off two feathers from her forehead... few days before that he bit Lolly and plucked a couple of his feathers... Problematic parrot doesn't want me to go back to college. xD

Ah, yes. My next story will be about true love! :love:

... but first I need to know how to put up pictures from my phone... :|

What I do (since my phone cable is stupid and won't be detected by my PC, is send pictures from the phone to my email, then open email on my computer and download them... then upload them on a picture sharing site and post them!