What instrument would you use?

Guest Ragnar

Guest Ragnar

It's like the title says, regardless of if you are a bard or not, what instrument would your character play were they musically inclined? Or maybe they would sing instead.

Alexei would play the ever majestic accordion, and Ragnar would likely sing, probably drunkenly.

L'yhta sings, actually; it was one of the few things she was good at when she was growing up, though she doesn't it do it very much these days and is out of practice. She mostly knows two types of songs: old ballads and dirty sea shanties. :)

If she were to pick up an instrument, I think she'd go for drums -- big, loud, bombastic, thunderous timpani, probably. She'd love the sound and enjoy getting to beat on them.

Heavenly would sing (and does, when she needs the coin)! With some training gurl would have a mezzo-soprano fit for opera, but as it is now she's got all the carry and none of the nuance.

S'amina would probably go for something easy to fidget with and difficult to permanently break, like a thumb piano/kalimba!

Yvelont isn't a bard, but does play the mandolin and lute with moderate skill. Don't have to be a bard to play an instrument!

Kendha'to plays a flute, but only very rarely in the presence of others. Specifically, an end-blown flute that's a traditional instrument of his clan. I imagine it sounding similar to a shakuhachi:

[video=youtube]

But likely closer to this:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnYPW61qgqo

For Nebula i went with the harp, the Archer guild turfed her out with some old beat up harp to make her way in the world after she failed as an Archer.

She loves to sing also.

Now.. getting slightly out there.. she like to sing magic, and the attainment of crystals. Not sure she has thought of that as an instrument, a set of tuned Aetherite shards?

Eva's voice is too soft for singing very effectively, but she did take several years of lessons with the concert-style harp (the big one, not the handheld kind) and is quite skilled.  Though has no aspirations to ever really perform publicly, she finds the activity relaxing and generally only plays when she's alone.  We had to get a harp for our FC house for this reason, but to date nobody's really commented on it apart from it being a sort of oddity in the office.  She's only dabbled a little bit with the more portable variety of handheld harp, however she doesn't like them and isn't as skilled since she never took lessons or learned.  This is the only instrument she knows how to play.  A friend's brother actually drew a picture for us of Eva playing her harp, pre-Calamity:

Esbe1.jpg

Ben has no interest in musical instruments of any variety, or singing, or general merriment of any sort really.  He's kind of a stick in the mud like that.

Since harmonicas don't seem to exist in the lore (I play harmonica), my characters have varrying degrees of experience on a tinwhistle. JJ (the father) can do a few diddys on them and his children can play a little too. More for home playing than anything.

If I may pick three, (I can play five by ear in real life, to put it into context... Don't know what context, but yeah...) I'd say Nordin would play the violin, piano, and sing. Then he'd try to play the cello, saying "It's exactly like the violin!" Play a single note wrong from what he's trying to play, stand up, drop the bow, walk away, and say "Sod this, I'm going back to my violin..."

It's like the title says, regardless of if you are a bard or not, what instrument would your character play were they musically inclined? Or maybe they would sing instead.

Alexei would play the ever majestic accordion, and Ragnar would likely sing, probably drunkenly.

Liadan sings.  She actually incorporates music into some of her magic.  Sometimes.