You may not know that I......

... was almost killed as a young child by cows that may have been high on pot.

My grandparents own a farm and they used to raise cows, chickens, goats, pigs, horses, etc. One afternoon, I was playing outside and the cows decided to stampede through the barbed-wire fence. Me being about two years old at the time, didn't comprehend that this was a bad thing and didn't try to run away. Thankfully the person who was watching me finally snapped back to reality and was able to run and grab me before I got trampled.

It took a while to round up the cows because they were acting very strange. And not the 'predator got into the pasture' kind of strange... the 'ate something bad' type of strange. Which isn't unheard of, anyone who raises livestock knows that there's certain plants that need to be avoided altogether, others that should never be put into dried hay, and to watch the condition of hay because certain types of mold/mildew can cause problems. Inspection of the hay turned up nothing, so they went out to check the cow pasture and found, in one of the far back corners... marijuana plants that showed signs of being chewed on.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make playlists for all of my characters .. I just can't help finding songs that remind me of things they are going through or say something about them to a point. If I'm in a story arc I really enjoy or working on an aspect of character development I can't get the RP out of my head and wind up spending hours taking notes that I don't ever use since I don't ever plan anything out ahead of time. [basic outline of character personality/history not included]

Just RP. No personal stuff here It's rare if I share much if anything at all.

I make playlists for all of my characters .. I just can't help finding songs that remind me of things they are going through or say something about them to a point.

YES! I do this too!!

I went to University to be a teacher.  Studied history and education in an experimental program focused on training secondary education teachers.  It was pretty fun.  I was very close to attempting to get a doctorate in south asian and indian subcontinent history before I realized that I would be a pretty terrible teacher :D

Mannn...I know how that feels. I started studying networking a long time ago and realized I hated it with a PASSION. Computers are fun -- and knowing about them and how they connect to each other is great, but it just wasn't the career path for me. 

So now I call up my irritable IT buddies whenever something goes wrong

they hate me so much

Twerkin over networkin

I make playlists for all of my characters .. I just can't help finding songs that remind me of things they are going through or say something about them to a point. If I'm in a story arc I really enjoy or working on an aspect of character development I can't get the RP out of my head and wind up spending hours taking notes that I don't ever use since I don't ever plan anything out ahead of time. [basic outline of character personality/history not included]

In a similar vein. . . I once stayed up all night rping with someone. During this time I had Professional Griefers by DeadMau5 on repeat. We wound up rping for 14-16 hours (I honestly don't remember) . . . .that song was playing the entire time. It just suited the rp so well.

I still listen to it to this day.

In a similar vein. . .  I once stayed up all night rping with someone.  During this time I had Professional Griefers by DeadMau5 on repeat.  We wound up rping for 14-16 hours (I honestly don't remember) . . . .that song was playing the entire time.  It just suited the rp so well.

I still listen to it to this day.

I always listen to the LOST OST (selected tracks from all seasons) when writing or playing a villain. The incidental creepiness of it is beyond inspiring.

I've been cut/stabbed/pierced by knives, swords, a spear and an axe (hospital worthy injuries, stitches, etc) fifteen times.

4 during altercations at bars I was working at as a bar back/bartender, 7 during live steel training, 1 time during a party from a knife dropped from the second floor by accident, 3 during prop making from myself >>

I'll do 3.

- Despite working in the veterinary field for 5 years, the only time I've ever been seriously bitten was by a horse when I was 6.  He bit me on the cheek.

- I had to have 10 stitches when a cow tried to jump over a fence I was standing on and busted my chin open.

- I enjoy bellydancing.

I've got a scar on my forehead area that for a long time when harry potter was out my friends called me Harriet Potter >.<; It's mostly faded away so it's not as visible seeing as I got it by running like a dumbass into a table when I was 3...

... yeah.

Right before I read and watched Old Yeller in 3rd grade I got bit by a cat. It was like... by just a week. So imagine the hysteria I had...

Old Yeller T_T

One time my dad tricked me into eating a cup (serving size) of wasabi shaped like a mint leaf by telling me it was green tea mint ice cream and that I had to eat it in one go.

I despise wasabi and have trust issues. GG Dad.

One time my dad tricked me into eating a cup (serving size) of wasabi shaped like a mint leaf by telling me it was green tea mint ice cream and that I had to eat it in one go.

I despise wasabi and have trust issues. GG Dad.

You poor poor soul.

I am strangely reminded of when I first saw wasabi... and thought of green tea ice cream.

Or Prince of Tennis and wasabi rolls...

MORE FOR FUNSIES.

I study literature, focusing on feminist readings and women's writing (though my favourite author is Oscar Wilde.)

I write sci-fi. 

I also write poetry! Tutor told me I'm good at it, but meh. Contemporary bullshit. 

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian. That changed at 15 when I signed up for the week-long work experience at a Veterinary practice and a farmer brought a load of puppies in to be put down because he wanted his dog to start working again. 

I have severe obsessive compulsive disorder. (Help is being received.)

I was a huge fan of BBC's Walking With Dinosaurs series, but used to cry whenever a dinosaur died. (The final episode with the meteorite hitting earth destroyed me.)

I was chased by a border collie when I was nine. I still don't feel comfortable around that particular breed, but I'm still cool around pretty much any animal. That includes spiders, insects, w/e. I also keep live crickets and meal-worms in my room as I own a bearded dragon called Spyro.

I'm shit-scared of large, open spaces.

k i'm done now. :cactuar:

-Have been chased by an angry goose around a local zoo then proceeded to run to the car and have the goose knock itself out on the slammed door at the age of six.

-Was an aspiring programmer until I near completed my first year of college and decided that I liked it as a hobby, definitely not a career choice.

-Currently am part of a small independent tabletop gaming company that has yet to get a product out there due to our 'Lead Developer' who cannot finish ideas he has. (Though I cannot blame him, I have issues finishing what I start when it comes to things not being work)

-Was put in special education as a child, not due to learning too slowly for my class, but rather because I was more advanced and they hadn't the programs available to keep up with my reading or math level.

-I fully intended to join the British Army as either Signals or Inteligence Corps, but ended up not pursuing it due to health reasons

-I was in a band at school that wrote a song in 20 minutes the night before we had to perform all day to raise money for charity, it was about the number 45 bus, and had the most encore requests that day.

-I am a father. My daughter was the size of a small turkey when she was born at 11lbs 2 oz.

I'm probably the only person on the face of the planet that doesn't mind a little anchovy on her pizza once in a while.

You're definitely not! I don't want it all the time, but sometimes. As long as there are plenty of other toppings to balance out the saltiness. Good stuff.

I used to really enjoy athletics but couldn't continue because of health reasons (patellar tracking disorder. My left knee cap is wonky as hell hahah.)

I enjoy writing (obvious, I guess) and art. I'm currently studying art and design.

Aaand, I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, which was both nice and kinda sad. I waned to take them all home. :chocobo:

I'm British. I've survived being attacked and stabbed with a knife. I've done quite a bit of theatre work and hope to do more acting in the future once my financial situation is more stable. I have a cat named Livia.