Open RP

Nebbs

*GOOD NEWS*

We have just combined members from the long running Intermission linkshells. 

As a result we will be instigating the following to make things more manageable:

1. No Alt members. Unfortunately we are limited to 128 spaces so we want to have the space for people to join. Can you please remove any alts?

2. Rationalised Leaders (people who can invite/kick). We started out by making all a leader while we got going. This will now be paired back to a few to make it more manageable. Please don't take this to mean any kind of status or issue, it is just logistics.

Any questions just ask, this is your LS and your RP.

And "Welcome to those from Intermission!"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*NOTICE*

I have cut back the leadership to a very few people, representing the main group that formed the shell. If you feel you would like to help cover the management of the shell please let me know.

Main Leader Duties

• Dealing with Questions & Invites
  • Gently keeping the chatter mainly RP focused
  • Dealing with issues (and kick if that becomes necessary)

Leadership (A-Z) and time zone.

Aysun Demiir  (NA)

Faye Covington (NA)

Gospel Gestalt (NA)

Ilwe'ran Hlaiwa (EU)

Nebula Stardancer (EU - bug 1st if on)

Val Nunh (NA)

Xenedra Ambreaus (NA)

*Update*

Just a note on how things are going.

We currently have 78 members, so still some room.

[Edit, as of 3rd Set 14, we have over 90 members]

Good coverage around the clock.

We regularly flag the events posted on this forum to remind folks.

RP discussions are frequent and there is some other subjects talked about.

At times it is quiet but speak up and you generally get interaction from a great group of people.

What happens when this hits capacity?

'cause I see a couple of events that require going through OpenRP, and since I just now learned that LSes are capped at 128 I'm wondering if you guys have a plan after that.

Well I never thought it would grow this much, but we have made it for mains only (no alts) and I expect we will look at inactive people.

There is only one answer after that, which is a second LS, and we would have to think how we make that work.

I would not say events have to go through the LS though, it is just a place to share information and stuff. We do announce the events posted on the calender here which I thinks help remind folks.

Hope that helps?

I would not say events have to go through the LS though, it is just a place to share information and stuff. We do announce the events posted on the calender here which I thinks help remind folks.

Hope that helps?

Oh no I didn't say that events have to do that, just that some have started to do that lately (I've seen at least two) so that was mostly my concern.

I just don't get why SE decided to limit it to 128.

Oh, I'd love to join! :D

My only concern is that by the time I log in on the game, the limit for the linkshell will have been reached. College, why do you do this to me? :dodgy:

I'm relatively new to RP, but I have RPed some, and I've fallen in love with it!!

Oh, I'd love to join! :D

My only concern is that by the time I log in on the game, the limit for the linkshell will have been reached. College, why do you do this to me? :dodgy:

I'm relatively new to RP, but I have RPed some, and I've fallen in love with it!!

Still spaces left, just poke one of the leaders when you are on.

Completely lame question of the year award probably goes to me for asking this: What exactly do you guys mean by a poke? :blush:

It means to get in contact with them. You know? Poke them to let them know you're around?

Don't be embarrassed... not everyone knows these things :)

Completely lame question of the year award probably goes to me for asking this: What exactly do you guys mean by a poke? :blush:

It means to get in contact with them. You know? Poke them to let them know you're around?

Don't be embarrassed... not everyone knows these things :)

Yes sorry maybe my English showing? 

I mean to "/tell" them in game. You can do this by using the player search, then right clicking on the name in the list and selecting "send tell" then add the message something like "Hello, could I please have an invite to the Open RP shell?"

I also keep an eye out for those who have raised an interest, so I may spot you first :)

• 3 weeks later...

The LS is doing great, thanks to all the members. We are active most of the time and now and almost full. 

To help with this we have instigated some form of activity checking so we can clear out inactive characters and allow space for new members.

Keep on RPing!

As the LS is now full we have decided to clean out inactive people. If you are removed you can reapply and you will be invited back.

Activity is tracked Activity Tacker

The following chracters have been removed today.

Alia Woolgathering

An'nai Tir'atha

Arnoulf Fangorn

Autriche Vallano

Azyria Ziada

Bram Uldthyr

C'eleni Meztli

Ella Quill

Fio Tenk

Gharen Wolfsong

Hardy Boulder

Himari Inoue

J'rhiki Tia

Keiji Shigeru

Mal'ek Garou

Nhia Nahri

R'phael Tia

Radcliffe Reinhardt

Rylai Eaglesong

Takh'a Nybori

Vynka Lanore

Xuri Tia

Za Khis

Probably just paying attention/not having the channel muted. There's been announcements daily that all you had to do was mark yourself as active on the google spreadsheet. :)

I'm sure that we can get you back in and such.

So, what denotes activity? Because I was removed and I'm on daily.

Sorry we missed you. We can add you back, np.

Activity was checked over the last half of the month. This was done via:

Setting up an activity lust on gDocs

Checking who is online in the LS in game list

Asking people to check the activity sheet and let us know if missed

Checking the loadstone LS activity log

Asking FC members to check when those that looked inactive were last on

Posting who was due to be removed in the LS

It is not perfect as none of the approaches give a full picture, and we tried several ways to check and double check. For next time I can post here before the cut off a reminder.

Again, sorry if we missed some but the LS was full with some inactive people and others waiting to join.

Just to be clear on where we are with invites, this is the current list of characters to be invited (A-Z).

Croix Leradine

Gharen Wolfsong

Lilithium Altair

Montresoix Baudelaire

Tiergran