What's something nobody expects your character to be/do?

Title says it all: What's something nobody expects your character to be/do?

Do they have a secret hobby? Maybe something silly that doesn't fit their image? Perhaps your character has a pretty little face that only wants for violence and murder behind those sparkling eyes? 

Here's a start:

Franz is a serious glutton. You wouldn't know it by looking at the fairly well-built Highlander-sized man, but some snacks or a dessert are never far away if he's home. Of course, that involves having to work it all off after, so heart-attacks on a platter are made a little less rare.

He's also a lot more unstable that he might let on. It's fun to make little rolls for decisions on how he might react to something. For the most part, many people encountering him these days probably see a relatively happy and collected person. It's a lie. Only there for the people who have somehow decided they like him around. :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If pressed hard enough in a private setting, Berrod can become emotional and break down in tears. He holds a LOT of stuff in and very rarely gives himself the opportunity to express anything other than his public thugfaise. 

Once that dam cracks...it breaks. So far it's only happened with very few people though.

Here's a start:

Franz is a serious glutton. You wouldn't know it by looking at the fairly well-built Highlander-sized man, but some snacks or a dessert are never far away if he's home. Of course, that involves having to work it all off after, so heart-attacks on a platter are made a little less rare.

Yes, no one has ever suspected this of Franz. No one ever.

*whistles innocently*

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=7411

For Sastra, it can sometimes seem very odd for her to make the choices that she does. She cares a whole lot about her own survival, and though she hasn't actually killed any person (yet), if it came down to it and she felt like it's an either-or situation, she will find a way ^^ Which no one really expects because she tends to come across your friendly neighborhood tradeswoman. 

I guess something else that can be a bit surprising is that she doesn't feel obligated to fight if Ala Mhigo was to be attempted recovered, which tends to be on every Highlander's agenda - Rather she sees herself to be among those who would follow a success like that, with the intention of getting things in working order once more. With the highlanders history of war and "conflict in their blood" this has definitely surprised some people.

Here's a start:

Yes, no one has ever suspected this of Franz. No one ever.

*whistles innocently*

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=7411

Maybe Natalie's onto something. She might be the only one! *puts on darksteel foil hat*

If pressed hard enough in a private setting, Berrod can become emotional and break down in tears. He holds a LOT of stuff in and very rarely gives himself the opportunity to express anything other than his public thugfaise. 

Once that dam cracks...it breaks. So far it's only happened with very few people though.

It's okay if they're Manly Tears though, Berrod!

Walk away.

No, seriously, I don't think any of the magnificent people I roleplay with expect Osric to just walk away.

Which'll make it all the more surprising, dramatic, and poignant when he finally does.

ERP

Im ready to stop slutting around Eorzea and settle again. I have found two suitors potentially, one perma-deathed in some RP (killed in front of me) the other was dear Kerwin and our schedules fractured so hard IC/OOC we gave up on it.

Otto is 28 and /old/. When he shows up after running business (logging on) and is immediately hounded by Jaiythe and Lucy for fun times (for example), he secretly wishes he was married again or the days of something steady and meaningful like Kerwin - where one, maybe two strange per week was all he would take when she wasn't around.

Berrod also dances. It's something he has a talent for, but something he will HARDLY LET ANYONE SEE HIM DO. He does it when he's by himself and hears music somewhere. Usually muffled while he's in his room. One exception has been Ginny, but that was because she made him all hot and bothered.

When he's by himself it's downright lewd, and would be suggestive if anyone was around to see it. He's pretty good with his legs and core, I'll say that.

Very few people suspect that L'yhta is willing to and sometimes plans genocide of beast tribes to remove the Primal threat. Also, she's actively seeking working Allagan cloning and soul stone/tomestone creation technology in order to make herself and those she cares about immortal.

Whether they want it or not.

Because after all, she does know best. :dodgy:

For one, when Lili gets angry she says 'fuck' every few words. So she'll go from smiles and calling being 'dear' to going "I don't give a **** what your ****ing excuse is".

And.

She has a small trap door in her office that leads to places :-3 She's only ever shown one person it before and it comes up in a non disclosed part of Ul'dah. She's never personally used it but she's helped guide others who needed a legitimate reason to get too and from the city undetected.

Rhysa and Andralyn are pretty transparent characters, I don't think that they would do anything that would really surprise anyone.

Rhysa doesn't bluff. If she says she's going to shoot she will...and consider yourself lucky if you get that warning.

While Andy is usually a pleasant fun and flirty person her business bitch flip has a hair trigger.

Daphne would be my wild card in this instance, I suppose. She's a doctor and has gone out of her way to save just about the worst type of person. She is also a huge advocate for redemption and the ideal that all people are inherently good.

That said she would silently watch a person die on her table while looking them in the eye as they beg for her help if they posed a significant enough threat to her friends or family and she wouldnt think twice or be haunted by her actions in the least.

Retire!

Warren's getting old (He started in 1.0 as someone already nearing 30) and it's only a matter of time before even his physical gifts run out. I could see him realizing that was happening and just cutting loose; Drop the sword and armor and move and open an inn somewhere.

Only to have a dude show up saying "We need you for one last mission" and have a dramatic moment where you put on the armor again.

And then explosions everywhere.

IT WRITES ITSELF.