Self Identified Villain Hangout

hmm, I mean Nako, would perform acts of torture if it was required of him, though he would view it as a job that had to be done,rather than enjoy it. So if we are going by that, then Nako is a villain, however, I personally just view him as being incredibly moraly grey.

That is the glory of the self identification. Nat doesn't really do many evil things compared to many heroes.

For example she's killed one person (outside of some stuff from her past), and that was with an official execution order. She's tortured several people, but it was relatively 'light'. However the more I player her the more I realize she's a villain. Hmmm we have anti-heroes, maybe she can be an anti-villain?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, I mean Nako, would perform acts of torture if it was required of him, though he would view it as a job that had to be done,rather than enjoy it. So if we are going by that, then Nako is a villain, however, I personally just view him as being incredibly moraly grey.

That is the glory of the self identification. Nat doesn't really do many evil things compared to many heroes.

For example she's killed one person (outside of some stuff from her past), and that was with an official execution order. She's tortured several people, but it was relatively 'light'.  However the more I player her the more I realize she's a villain. Hmmm we have anti-heroes, maybe she can be an anti-villain?

That's accurate, yes.

*pushes Osric's dirty sheets and body count under the bed with the side of his sneaker*

The Jana who exists in FFXIV may be a self-styled hero, but my concept of her was actually as a younger version of the Jana I played back in Tera. She was a villain of the "the ends always justify the means" variety. And while my intention with this version of the character was "mad scientist before learning mad science," Dr. Jana's personality traits that led her down her dark path are intact in Adventurer Jana. Whether or not she'll end up on that path remains to be seen.

As for what she actually has done, Jana's pretty fond of looting dead cultists, Garleans, pirates, you name it. "Adventurer's Right," she calls it.

Lessee.... Jaques has an official record in Gridania. Mooostly consisting of drunken disorderlies and assault. A couple of unproven theft charges. Unproven poaching charges. A known assistant to poachers. Tho most of those are old the three very new ones -there- are assaults on on officer and one 'indecency' charge.

Not on anything official: He's murdered. Not just in self defense either. Assisted with murder and helped cover it up. There is some breaking and entering in there. Blackmail. More assault. And very very soon he'll get to add kidnapping and a mass drugging to that list.

Edit: While I wouldn't call Jaques a true villian... I don't think. He can certainly skirt that edge on occasion. He's got that 'ends justify the means' attitude. And a very large general dislike and distrust for law enforcement.

Oh, jeeze... Hmm, well, Vaughn has an alphabet list of things he's done and things he's been charged with. Some are true, some are not. Arson, burglary, drug use and selling, forgery, kidnapping, larceny, murder, piracy, theft, treason, and vandalism make the most notable of them.

For example she's killed one person (outside of some stuff from her past), and that was with an official execution order. She's tortured several people, but it was relatively 'light'.  However the more I player her the more I realize she's a villain. Hmmm we have anti-heroes, maybe she can be an anti-villain?

*Thinks about the form of ptsd that Nako suffers from due to his past.....* xD he is definately a good guy, and even still doesn't have an 'ends justifies the means' attitude.... to an extent, I guess.

Fio's a fun one to play. On the outside he's kind, polite, frivolous, and flirtatious. All that's just a front for something much more sinister. Fio's willing to do damned near anything to advance the cause of the Garlean Empire. He's been stealing and killing in Eorzea for some time to protect his cover. Garlean defector going missing in Limsa Lominsa or Ul'dah? There's a good chance he's behind it. Classified documents go missing? Fio probably did it. Poison in the water supply? Nah, that was probably somebody else. Wipe out a village for rebelling against the Empire, down to every last man, woman, and child? That's Fio's style. 

He's also a manipulative git, using tools such as intimidation, blackmail, sex, and more to twist a situation to his advantage. After all, if he can keep his cover and avoid a little bloodshed, he's game. Brute force is a last resort option for Fio. Where daggers and wit have failed, military might needs to be brought out.

Fio, however, is not without a personal code of conduct. He doesn't kill or torture for fun. In fact, he finds the two distasteful. If he makes a promise to you, he'll do everything in his power to keep it. And he will always follow orders. He's beholden to the laws of the Empire, but fails to respect Eorzean word of law due to perceived lack of legitimacy. Some call him a tyrant, others a patriot. But mostly just a pretty face. 

Traitors to the empire aren't deserving of mercy.

Darn, and here I was hoping there was an actual physical hangout spot I could visit.

Nox isn't a true villain but he has done some questionable things, such as blackmail, kidnapping, selling of illegal goods, bribery, stealing, pirating, a lot of violence, homewrecking, and uh...okay, I guess those things are more than questionable.

At Fio: your character sounds really interesting! I've always preferred antiheroes or shady characters compared to good ones.

Darn, and here I was hoping there was an actual physical hangout spot I could visit.

Nox isn't a true villain but he has done some questionable things, such as blackmail, kidnapping, selling of illegal goods, bribery, stealing, pirating, a lot of violence, homewrecking, and uh...okay, I guess those things are more than questionable.

At Fio: your character sounds really interesting! I've always preferred antiheroes or shady characters compared to good ones.

I think we need to make one then.

Hehe, thanks! We really should do something sometime. Yeah, straight up good just doesn't do it for me in terms of playing them. I love squaring off against them, but yeah. Having a struggle against other evils can be fun, too.

Hrm. Melfice tends to experiment on people. Most of the time he just does something subtle such as stealing aether from them in order to feed his Mistress, though his antics are truly only limited by his imagination and curiosity. 

His most recent thing to do is revive an individual tainted with some dark energy and send them into the world without them knowing it to mingle and infect whoever he came in contact with.

Sounsyy despises the fact that Ul'dah has (in her mind at least) perpetuated the struggle and oppression of her Ala Mhigan brethren. She hates seeing what has become of her people and blames Ul'dah and Garlemald almost equally for it. So it's probably only a matter of time before she tries to burn the Sacrarium down and incites riots in the streets. I think this would make her a villain in the eyes of most Ul'dahn characters...

Oh that and being charged with assault with intent to rob, three counts of assault with intent to kill (against Brass Blades and Sultansworn no less), and conspiracy to commit crimes against the Sultanate! /gasp

Hehe, thanks! We really should do something sometime. Yeah, straight up good just doesn't do it for me in terms of playing them. I love squaring off against them, but yeah. Having a struggle against other evils can be fun, too.

We should! Although I took a peek at your wiki and my character's a Miqo'te so...but he's not tribal at least?

I would totally come visit if a villain hangout is made though. Possibly often.

This shall be my new favorite thread!

Lately, Kheo's form of amusement has consisted of steadily pushing buttons to see just how dark he can get these supposed "stable" people to be. I swear, he is going to get stabbed one of these days and all he will do is grab the person's wrist and force them to twist that dagger. 

Man, some days I don't know if Kheo is a villain or just delightfully hedonistic. He does tend to dabble in the darker side of things, though, and he loves making contacts with other shady individuals. After all, it's a dog-eat-dog world and he needs to make sure that if *he* gets eaten, there's someone around to poison that person's fruit loops. 

If you guys start any dark and heinous plots (or just need another one of those underground contacts who isn't quiet and brooding), I'd be glad to participate!

Sounsyy despises the fact that Ul'dah has (in her mind at least) perpetuated the struggle and oppression of her Ala Mhigan brethren. She hates seeing what has become of her people and blames Ul'dah and Garlemald almost equally for it. So it's probably only a matter of time before she tries to burn the Sacrarium down and incites riots in the streets. I think this would make her a villain in the eyes of most Ul'dahn characters...

Oh that and being charged with assault with intent to rob, three counts of assault with intent to kill (against Brass Blades and Sultansworn no less), and conspiracy to commit crimes against the Sultanate! /gasp

As a Garlean living in Ul'dah. Please incite riots, destroy the Sacrarium and otherwise cause chaos on the streets. It'll be more fun to watch the Ala Mhigan refugees see another city fall. ...and then we can have the Garleans come in!

Hrm. Melfice tends to experiment on people. Most of the time he just does something subtle such as stealing aether from them in order to feed his Mistress, though his antics are truly only limited by his imagination and curiosity. 

His most recent thing to do is revive an individual tainted with some dark energy and send them into the world without them knowing it to mingle and infect whoever he came in contact with.

One of these days, we need to continue with that one thing. I'm sure Melfice wouldn't mind stocking up some aether.

Hooy boy. Where to begin.

Lucaniel isn't technically  an all-out Villain, but one could consider him a sociological predator and overall not the best influence on society. Since his lack of morality goes both way, he can do both good and bad, it really depends on the circumstances he ends up in.

His Villainous traits would be;

A; He's been raised by a sect of Bloodthirsty, Power Hungry Thaumaturges who's sole Idea was to breed themselves one apt Thaumaturge after another. So that already establishes Lucaniels obsession with power, in all shapes or forms, may that be personal, on the battlefield, psychological or about status. Now, since he's hit a roadblock for several years in his Aetheric pursuits and research, (For lack of ICly like-minded figures in that regard), he's taken to entertain himself otherwise, while still looking for ways to polish those aces up his sleeve.

B; He grew up in Ul'dahs less then charming Districts as an Orphan (Sue the trope, not the user), learning at a very young age that, if you want to survive, morality has to go out of the window most of the time. For him, Morality is an end to a means (In that sense, keeping the flock from tearing eachother apart), but beyond that he's morally bankrupt and truly believes in 'ends justify the means, and the only ends I pursue are my own.' Ironically, He however would never harm the truly innocent unless there's some dire necessity to it. Though that again begs the question what he considers 'Innocent'.

C; His 'hobby' so to speak is networking criminals together for profit, while maintaining a small outfit of criminals himself. Simply because he has nothing more viable to do at this point. And because, dabbling in the underworld allows him to relish in his more bloodthirsty tendencies. He more or less believes if you're willing to jump in the pond of sharks that is the underworld, you're free-for-slaughter, so to speak. Which doesn't mean he actively hunts criminals. It just means rather that he has no quarrels with flaying a criminal alive.

His actually positive traits are;

A; An appreciation for beauty and a last glimpse of moral code left. He wont harm Children, Nor does he indulge in 'pointless' slaughter. Pointless death in his eyes is an atrocity. Which brings me to the next point

B; He's actually a twisted Idealist and very focused on the duality of good/bad and Philosophy in general. Moreso, with a keen understanding of Psychology, He's more then aware of what he is, and what he does. Therefore, he can be very empathetic in the sense of understanding others, their plights, and their desires, and has helped a many people in their personal issues. He also believes firmly on loyalty. Those 'loyal' (As in, not working against him and his interests/ambitions) to him are pampered with protection, money and security, and aslong a person does not 'cross' him, or try to take from him, he's unlikely ever kill or severely harm a person that's loyal to him.

In the end, he's the byproduct of Societies worst tendencies, having witnessed  greed, Egoism, Inhumanity and Violence from the get-go. In kind, he has become what he is today. Capable of extreme degrees of violence and villainy, but also capable of displays of intense loyalty.

The night is dangerous, and there are many alleyways and tunnels in the Goblet....

What a terrible night to have a curse!

What a horrible misquote....

*waits for Roen*

I JUST saw this.

But Crofte beat me to it. Sort of.

Okay I will add my villain too. Without giving too much away anyways...

She's an Ishgardian native who is currently loyal to Garlemald. She detests all things religious, her main focus is science. She has no moral compass to restrict her studies and experimentation and sees all living things as potential subjects (with maybe an exception of a few people--for reasons).

She has been laying low for awhile, but is starting to get pulled back into things of late thanks to a certain bird. >_>

So I need someone to help me with a plot. Is there anyone who has a character that works for money, has no moral problems with assault/murder, and can work in the Ul'dah area. Oh, if you're not very well known it would help as well.

Let me know if anyone can do it!

Okay I will add my villain too. Without giving too much away anyways...

She's an Ishgardian native who is currently loyal to Garlemald. She detests all things religious, her main focus is science. She has no moral compass to restrict her studies and experimentation and sees all living things as potential subjects (with maybe an exception of a few people--for reasons).

She has been laying low for awhile, but is starting to get pulled back into things of late thanks to a certain bird. >_>

Wait, she sees some people as not potential subjects? Or is that just because they /are/ subjects already?