"I love it when..."

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when non-RPers start RPing with me just for lolz. 

Fun story: Even though I haven't done progression raiding since I quit WoW, I'm currently in a hardcore raiding FC on Balmung. Didn't even apply, and I certainly don't raid with them. Basically I just showed up at their house one day and didn't leave. After about a week of playing with their furniture (it's a really tastefully decorated house!) and trying to RP with the members, one of them invited me to the FC. To this day I've never once been OOC in FC chat. None of them roleplay, but they all treat Ryoko like a real person. They even went as far as to make me a kitchen so I can make everyone dinner! They're the best.

Of course I do a different Ryoko for them than I do for actual RPer's. FC Ryoko is... basically a maid, I guess?

Let me tell you what I love.

I'm a pretty competitive gamer. I played a lot of Magic: the Gathering, and play Warmachine/Hordes in one of the largest and most competitive metas in the USA. Lately I've been getting into Netrunner, and have actually considered going back to Magic.

I love competition. I love it when I set traps that my opponent doesn't see and they walk right into them. I love thinking outside of the box when nobody else is, and thinking inside it when nobody expects me to. I always obey the rules, but I never play fair. I love to win.

And I also love it when I'm outsmarted. I love being just plain outplayed by my opponent. I love learning lessons and adapting so that I can improve. And yes, sometimes you lose a game out of sheer bad luck. I like that, too. Keeps you humble.

I just love it when I can sit down across from someone, and learn more about them by playing a game than hours of idle chat. Keep your tarot deck. I've brought my own, and it's blue/black.

Rumors happen!  Either when I come up with one I really like for someone, or someone adds one to my page :)

Its one of those events that I just feel like builds RP connections and spreads the wealth about character knowledge.

I also love reading the rumors of characters I've just met, but that's not a "love it when" kind of thing ^_^

I love it when...

• I'm able to build close relationships with people OOCly that last far longer than I thought it would.
  • I get to see a side of a person that other people don't normally get to see.
  • There is no drama OOCly...sometimes it's harder to find than you'd think, but when you do, it's beautiful.

I also love it when you recruit someone, and they feel right at home, as if they were always meant to be there. 

And I am severely fond of when it stops being Monday. I don't like Mondays. Someone pass the lasagna please..

I dc while fighting a 6lvls+ mob in the wild and find myself alive! SAVED BY AN RPC MEMBER! Thank you Vaughn, again :3 I lost my internet briefly while fighting a Ziz out in Nine Ivies with a lvl 14 lancer so I can get to monk when I get my PGL to 30 while working on fates because lolsninjas.

Have fun RPing with the wonderful people of Balmung and getting to know them! Grindstone was fun as usual!

I love it when...

I build up enough courage to approach people IC and start chatting! It (99% of the time) ends with a really fun scene that I enjoy! I just wish I could do it more. ALL THE NERVES.

I also love it when...

Random items you obtain suddenly create an outfit that you love without ever intending for it to happen! My current RP outfit is from this, ha!