Patch 2.45 Notes

D'ly

I helped a friend finish a relic weapon in XI while the cap was still 75 and was working on one myself. This is all seriously lightwork compared to that.

Heh, Maybe I'm just wired wrong for this game and not the sort of customer XIV wants. I'll just have to make my own amusement in the meantime....like breaking in to RP's.

With my forehead.

I TOLD YOU GUYS. STOCKPILING ALL THE THINGS.

Wise words indeed, Ser Warren. Shame for those who are late arrival. Or new arrival. Or not raid-minded.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if it's even possible to make all 3-4 weapons of Zodiacs before Heavensward comes out. But I really would like to try.

Though, the requirements seem tedious - like Warren said... it is all in due time. Patience and Effort really.

Regardless, Alexandrite is delaying my agenda atm. I wish there was better alternative for this. (/shoudn't have been lazy when Hunts was very popular)

EDIT: At least people can now QUEUE again in these non-Expert High Level dungeons again for good purpose! Thank you.

I fully expect the costs to crash once anyone and everyone realizes there's "Free money" to be had.

There is a decided cost of entry, though: The allagan resin and the lake crystal and I think two others outright cost 100k each. The bombard cores, as referenced in the patch notes, are 20k GC seals each. The Springwaters are 1600 soldier each, and two of the quests require them up front.

I'm pretty much hoping the crash will have hit and hard once I finally get to that stage. I don't buy things as willy-nilly on my main, but I'm still reeling a bit from the materia purchases, even if I did cheap out in the end and slot a good dozen Accuracy ones in the end. I can only hope my coffers have refilled appropriately enough by that point.

As for the other costs of entry, I've been using my GC seals to buy Coke for both putting up on the AH for cash-money and for the childish amusement in imagining it as a complex drug deal going down. Just stop doing that and all the aetheric items and greens I get from my roulettes will result in GC seal accumulation easily enough. And Soldiery isn't that difficult to get, and I'll probably just be letting it pile up while I use Poetics to outfit my other classes now that SCH's square, so the Springwaters won't be a problem.

It was just the idea of having to desynth or level the crafting classes needed that was getting me riled. If there's a workaround like this, I'm less miffed. Even if that workaround is still "boatloads of money."

I am not sure if it's even possible to make all 3-4 weapons of Zodiacs before Heavensward comes out. But I really would like to try.

Though, the requirements seem tedious - like Warren said... it is all in due time. Patience and Effort really.

Regardless, Alexandrite is delaying my agenda atm. I wish there was better alternative for this. (/shoudn't have been lazy when Hunts was very popular)

Depends on where you are currently. Getting a new weapon to Zenith takes perhaps two hours at the most. Zenith to Atma takes a few hours as most now barring low-tier luck, Atma to Animus hinges largely on what your stock of Soldiery looked like before. Still, I know someone who went from Zenith to full-i100 Animus in about two weeks. Alexandrite is minimum 1/day with the daily quest, more if you're again stockpiling soldiery for maps or converting seals to gems. Materia is the big sink there, but you cans till be entirely through the process in a month or so if you're really pushing. With a lot of playtime a day you could easily crank out 3-4 alexandrite a day and be finished collecting in two weeks or so.

Collecting lights takes 16-30 hours minimum. How fast that goes will vary on how much time you log per day. Without a preformed group (and looking as a tank, which made it harder actually) I was averaging 120~ lights per two-hour block, give or take, and my playtime consisted of approximately three to four hours a night discounting weekends.

The current process should take, realistically, less than a month and a couple hundred thousand gil.

Finishing 3-4 by Heavensward is certainly possible, especially if you've already got weapons on or around the Alexandrite stage. I've already got a dozen or so sitting around for my inevitable ninja weapon, and I'm pretty convinced I'll have that done before 3.0 even doing it mega-casually.

There's hope, people. It just takes some work.

Collecting lights takes 16-30 hours minimum. How fast that goes will vary on how much time you log per day. Without a preformed group (and looking as a tank, which made it harder actually) I was averaging 120~ lights per two-hour block, give or take, and my playtime consisted of approximately three to four hours a night discounting weekends.

What's the recommended approach to this? I haven't done any of the Extreme Primal fights, mind, and was thinking of just sticking to mad ST runs on Saturdays or something (which would also let me try to collect some i100 gear for all my other classes along with sands and oils). I've also been under the possible delusion that it won't be so bad for me since my Zodiac is for Scholar, a healing class.

How badly are my dreams about to be crushed?

What's the recommended approach to this? I haven't done any of the Extreme Primal fights, mind, and was thinking of just sticking to mad ST runs on Saturdays or something (which would also let me try to collect some i100 gear for all my other classes along with sands and oils). I've also been under the possible delusion that it won't be so bad for me since my Zodiac is for Scholar, a healing class.

Usually people either grind Garuda HM, Turn 4, or look for the bonus windows.

Never done Turn 4, but I've certainly done Garuda HM enough times though the Trial Roulette. I'll have to give that a try.

And by bonus windows, do you mean the bonuses you get from the roulettes, or is there another aspect of this Zodiac thing I've been missing completely?

Never done Turn 4, but I've certainly done Garuda HM enough times though the Trial Roulette. I'll have to give that a try.

And by bonus windows, do you mean the bonuses you get from the roulettes, or is there another aspect of this Zodiac thing I've been missing completely?

Chachan, if you need help with T4 grinding I'll jump in with you as Anelia/Mizuho/Ellaria at any time.

When the update first landed, if Garuda HM was bright light that was the go-to place to farm. Turn 4 was also a popular spot if it was bright, but you're stuck with wave timers (I think, I haven't done turn 4, well, ever).

A chainsaw group can enter, kill, and exit Garuda in 3 minutes~. With lights sticking in place for 2 hours, and if your group never breaks or stops, you can make a good dent that way snagging 4 lights/run. I've also heard that fully-geared groups can do Cape Westwind in under 40 seconds, but I've never seen it myself.

My best time doing this with i110 were Garuda in 2:30, Ifrit usually took around 3:45, and I've done Westwind in 46 seconds.

Westwind will only ever be feeble light (1 point) so doing 2000 of them, even at a rate of :30 per run, isn't fun. Doing Garuda/Ifrit at 4/per is a bit better. I think my spreadsheet at home (yes, I tracked everything in a spreadsheet in excel) showed something like 1200 of my 2000 lights were 4 points, which were basically all Garuda/Ifrit windows.

And yes, desynth being "required" but not required was pleasant to hear about.

Edit: "Windows" refer to two-hour blocks changing every even-hour that dictate where the "bonus" lights are. This link (http://www.reddit.com/live/tlfmtjl4fteo) is semi-regularly updated to track where you "should" be farming, and this block of data stolen from Reddit shows the values.

Light Values (All Confirmed 100%):

Feeble: 1 (Confirmed)

Gentle: 2 (Confirmed)

Bright: 4 (Confirmed)

Brilliant: 6 (Confirmed)

Blinding: 12 (Confirmed)

Newborn Star: 16 (Confirmed)

Tiers:

'No Activity': 0 - 199

'Indisctinct Activity': 200-399

'Faint Activity': 400-599

'Slight Activity': 600-799

'Modest Activity': 800-999

'Distinct Activity': 1000-1199

'Robust Activity': 1200-1399

'Vigorous Activity': 1400-1599

'Intense Activity': 1600-1799

'Extreme Activity': 1800-1999

'Bursting Activity': 2000+ (Complete)

FATE | Base : Feeble, Bonus: None(?)

Wolve's Den | Base : Feeble, Bonus: Gentle

Map (Alexandrite) | Base: Gentle, Bonus: None(?)

Turn 4 | Base: Gentle, Bonus: Bright

Primal (HM) | Base: Gentle, Bonus: Bright

Primal (EX) | Base: Bright, Bonus: Brilliant

Turn 1, 2, 5 | Base: Bright, Bonus: Brilliant

High Roulette | Base: Bright, Bonus: Brilliant

Expert Roulette | Base : Brilliant, Bonus: Blinding

Frontlines | Base: Brilliant, Bonus: Blinding

Second Coil | Base: Blinding, Bonus: None(?)

Syrcus Tower | Base : Blinding, Bonus: Newborn Star

Source:

Chachan, if you need help with T4 grinding I'll jump in with you as Anelia/Mizuho/Ellaria at any time.

Thanks for the kind offer. Unfortunately, the character with the Zodiac weapon is on Zalera and not Balmung. And in a super-casual FC that my sister made for her friends to hang out in. They only just got their manor. Their times online are quite spotty as well, which is why I'm trying to figure out which things to queue up for to get my light.

And thanks for the clarification on the bonus window, Warren. I've seen the breakdown in your spoiler tag there, but was always confused by what the bonus part meant. Always assumed it was the roulette or "new player" bonus. Knowing the truth about it should hopefully help cut down on my glow-grinding.

EDIT:

I also did some quick math and getting :30 runs in Westwind still amounts to ~17 hours of the place over 2000 runs. 2000 runs at half a minute each = 1000 minutes = 16 hours, 40 minutes. Also known as "way too freaking long in Westwind." Maff.

I heard that mastercraft demimateria already dropped 200k lol

I may switch to crafting for spectacles on different job though since they still require 10 spicy tomato relish.

Guys I really want to ride a gondola or the chocobo into the sanctum. T_T

WTB Garlean Wedding version, where both bride and groom roll in on lovely white Magitek Armor and the bride launches her bouquet at the end from via blast-laser.

... And then leave in a two-person Magitek complete with "JUST MARRIED" bumper plate and an assortment of tin cans tied to it.

WTB Garlean Wedding version, where both bride and groom roll in on lovely white Magitek Armor and the bride launches her bouquet at the end from via blast-laser.

... And then leave in a two-person Magitek complete with "JUST MARRIED" bumper plate and an assortment of tin cans tied to it.

I would buy it.

God I am  terribly not Sasuke fan or Naruto fan. But man, I can see people making a terrible joke out of this weapon though.

Out of all weapon names, they chose this.

Yoshi-P is definitely Naruto fan.

good thing i never intended to roll ninja.

but for sanity purposes, if I ever did and managed to get a Yoshimitsu up to that level I would pretend that we're talking about this Sasuke.

I think it's not a Naruto reference and more a Sarutobi Sauske reference.