The Au Ra and New, Affiliated Plots

K'nahli

Hello, everyone!

So I know that a lot of us are waiting for more information to be released about the Au Ra, but for those of us who aren't fantasia'ing existing characters and resuming ongoing stories; how many people out there have new plot ideas that will unfold with the coming of your new characters to Eorzea?

Myself and a friend have a concept for our two characters(just their relationship and personalities really) but what we really need is an actual plot and community that our characters can play with.

For us two personally, we prefer forum RP and are not heavy RP'ers in the sense that we'll definitely be playing the new content and focusing a lot on that and levelling our characters before we dedicate a lot of our time to the actual RP. That's not to say we're adverse to in-game RP and even if it will be your main focus then please do reply anyways, just be sure to mention your preferences!

So, if anyone has even a basic plot in mind for their characters and are open to people joining then please do let me know here! It should be worth mentioning that any plot shouldn't include many/any non-Au Ra from the beginning since both of our characters will likely be xenophobic to varying extents; but having said that, please to feel free to mention it here if your plot will involve such and leave a little note explaining that detail.

Kiht Jakkya is my main character and will remain as my main character. I will enjoy RPing her reactions to the new content and the arrival of the Au Ra.

HOWEVER.

My friend and I have come up with an idea for new alts. I want to try an Au Ra, and see how I like it. I am hoping I will finally be able to make an alt that I will actually RP with.

Our concept is to start an organization of Free Knights based loosely in honor of the Darklight Raiders. It is just a rough idea so far.

The character I plan will be a Dark Knight OOCly, but just a swordswoman ICly. She will be skilled with two-handed swords, one-handed swords and shields. I want to make her a lazy veteran. :lol:

My friend will make a contrasting serious uptight character who will be all obsessed with being knightly.

On the other hand, a lot of this depends on the lore of Dark Knights and the Au Ra. Until we see that, all we can play with are rough ideas.

Me and a friend are actually playing our Au Ra characters on the side already, essentially saying they were refugees from where ever their homeland is (leaving in vague on the off chance they don't end up coming from Doma) and have been living incognito in Eorzea hidden as a Hyur and a Miqo'te, using the IC fantasia method but in reverse, essentially saying they used a potion to temporarily change their appearance to something and that becoming Au Ra would be them returning to their original race/appearance.

I am going to start an Au Ra fresh out of the bag.

I might start a character beforehand and then Fantasia into an Au Ra, just to make sure I can actually play when they are available. It seems every time I want to make a new character, I can't have it join Balmung, so I can't imagine how much worse it would be when the expansion comes out.

As to how he would be like, I don't know yet. I need more info about the race, their origins, how they came to Eorzea and why. However, I do have a slight idea on how he's going to be like, personality wise, but nothing is finite though. ^^

It's very cool that people have started playing their Au Ras already! I tend to do that a lot, I RP characters and plots before whole games are even released *amused*. I'm very eager to RP my Au Ra(s) too, in fact, but this time I'm going to wait until I know a bit more of their lore.

It'd be awesome to have any sort of common plot we can build together, and I'd be up for RPing in-game. However, I know that all the in-game important events will be done in NA timezones, so if there's any sort of common plot in the making, I know I'm automatically out of it.

Totally rolling an Au Ra oncethey come out. I’ve been hashing out some ideas with a friend. Vaguely want to make her everyone’s tiny overly concerned mom and a fortune telling Astrologian. Still, I want to wait and see if lore permits this before I go solidifying anything and making plots around it.

I am 110% down for having her interact with other Au Ra (and non Au Ra) and get into stuff once I’ve got a stable foundation to work with, though (and maybe wait until they're playable in game. . . Maybe. . . Imeanforumsandskypearethingsoyouknowthere'sthat). B]

Kiht Jakkya is my main character and will remain as my main character. I will enjoy RPing her reactions to the new content and the arrival of the Au Ra.

HOWEVER.

My friend and I have come up with an idea for new alts. I want to try an Au Ra, and see how I like it. I am hoping I will finally be able to make an alt that I will actually RP with.

Our concept is to start an organization of Free Knights based loosely in honor of the Darklight Raiders. It is just a rough idea so far.

The character I plan will be a Dark Knight OOCly, but just a swordswoman ICly. She will be skilled with two-handed swords, one-handed swords and shields. I want to make her a lazy veteran. :lol:

My friend will make a contrasting serious uptight character who will be all obsessed with being knightly.

On the other hand, a lot of this depends on the lore of Dark Knights and the Au Ra. Until we see that, all we can play with are rough ideas.

How long would that organization have existed prior to the Au Ra's arrival? If it's been around for a while, I'd love for the character that I'm brainstorming to be a "retired" member of it.

The gist of what I've got so far for her would be a former emotion-lacking no-nonsense swordsman that decided to attempt to put adventuring aside and serve as a butler and bodyguard for rich people instead. Much more peaceful work environment. Much more money gained each day.

Me and a friend are actually playing our Au Ra characters on the side already, essentially saying they were refugees from where ever their homeland is (leaving in vague on the off chance they don't end up coming from Doma) and have been living incognito in Eorzea hidden as a Hyur and a Miqo'te, using the IC fantasia method but in reverse, essentially saying they used a potion to temporarily change their appearance to something and that becoming Au Ra would be them returning to their original race/appearance.

This actually fills me with hope because I was wondering if it would be silly if I started RPing an Au Ra early. :blush: Either by rolling a Miqo'te (just pretend the tail's under the robes and not there) or Hyur who ALWAYS stays covered in robes/masks (a la Yugiri), or maybe saying they glamoured themselves into one or the other somehow. I'd just stay vague/quiet on their backstory and then off I'd go. Still debating on if I'll do this or not...

As for the Au Ra character itself, I can really only draft up personality bits since we don't have the lore yet. I'm thinking I might go for a stoic sort. I can see her being very curt. Far from emotionless, she's just not one for letting feelings interfere with reasoning. Hmm...

Right now a lot of it depends on the lore. However, personality wise for myself my character is going to be similar (to a degree) to Rikku from FFX-2 with the similar energy and zest. Even if the race itself is more uptight or the lore leans in that direction she'll be purposefully leading away from it.

I'll be using the Astro. class for the card aspect. She will be a gambler and a card trickster :) I want to think of more but meeehhhhh. I'm iffy because I don't want to come up with all of these things only for the lore to point in a completely different direction.

I am also rolling a fresh Au Ra character. My original thought was to be a refugee working with a hyur alchemist upon arriving to Eorzea. Though she isn't exactly the academic sort. I see her as more a healer-mercenary who is just doing what she can to make her way in a new place for the time being.

I was going to wait on her creation in game until 3.0 so that I can have access to proper naming conventions. I don't really want her to be from Doma either, as at this point I am thinking her main class will be Astrologian/Conjurer. It's a bit difficult to come up with details when we only know so little! But retconning isn't too out of the question for something like this, I suppose.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what you guys come up with. I am all for having past relationships and such, so count me as interested. (:

I'll toss my hat in for newly made Au Ra-ness. I haven't given a whole lot of thought to personality yet (waiting for some lore and info on their background) but I'm pretty sure (about 90%) that I'm going to make him a ninja so that might lend itself to the personality as well.

I'll likewise keep an eye on this and would be glad to throw in with some folks for rp stories or connections once things really get rolling.

This actually fills me with hope because I was wondering if it would be silly if I started RPing an Au Ra early. :blush: Either by rolling a Miqo'te (just pretend the tail's under the robes and not there) or Hyur who ALWAYS stays covered in robes/masks (a la Yugiri), or maybe saying they glamoured themselves into one or the other somehow. I'd just stay vague/quiet on their backstory and then off I'd go. Still debating on if I'll do this or not...

As for the Au Ra character itself, I can really only draft up personality bits since we don't have the lore yet. I'm thinking I might go for a stoic sort. I can see her being very curt. Far from emotionless, she's just not one for letting feelings interfere with reasoning. Hmm...

There's a robe with mask combo that drops from a dungeon... and the Miqo'te actually have a tail that's shaped like a rat's tail. So this could be doable. Heck. I might do it. O.o

HOWEVER.

How long would that organization have existed prior to the Au Ra's arrival? If it's been around for a while, I'd love for the character that I'm brainstorming to be a "retired" member of it.

The gist of what I've got so far for her would be a former emotion-lacking no-nonsense swordsman that decided to attempt to put adventuring aside and serve as a butler and bodyguard for rich people instead. Much more peaceful work environment. Much more money gained each day.

We haven't worked that out yet. We're really wanting to see what Heavensward does to the world, and what the lore on Dark Knights and Au Ra will be like. The organization won't be just Dark Knights (it can have any characters who operate like knights), but you never know when a lore obstacle might come up, and we are much more likely to work within the lore than try to find a way around it.

HOWEVER.

We haven't worked that out yet. We're really wanting to see what Heavensward does to the world, and what the lore on Dark Knights and Au Ra will be like. The organization won't be just Dark Knights (it can have any characters who operate like knights), but you never know when a lore obstacle might come up, and we are much more likely to work within the lore than try to find a way around it.

Let me know when you've decided on something then! She'll likely be a PLD.

I am also rolling an Au Ra as soon as it's available. Personality, back story, etc. Will depend heavily on Au Ra/DRK lore.

I do have an idea that she fought alongside the Domans for their freedom. And now works as a Merc.

Assuming that the Au Ra are a dragonian race and not a voidsent race as some people speculate, I do plan to make a male Au Ra Dark Knight who will side with the Dravanians and slay dragoons to protect its dragons kin. Will happily accept offers of wannabe-corpses, or rivals, or even comrades, why not?

Me, my fiance, and a friend of mine are all playing our Au Ra in forum RP in order to just get their personalities right and have an excuse for them to join the Night Blades once they are actually released. Our backstories are basic enough for any race (We're all playing a family unit - 2 brothers and one sister), but we'll be adding in details as lore is released. Since we have one of our players traveling to Othard and the story is from his point of view, it's easy enough to leave details out because a Keeper Miqote wouldn't no the nuances of the Au Ra anyway :P

Langli was a Miqote in 1.0. She was young - 16 - and an underground prize fighter in Ul'dah. Her personality was over-the-top exuberance. She was eager and loud and hyper and somewhat annoying, but she was a loyal girl with big dreams. I shelved her in 2.0 - I thought she was cute and she was fun to play, but I'm not really much of a Miqote person in general.

Most of that personality and back story is staying. I'm aging her to 18 but she's going to want to become a big star on the Golden Saucer circuit somehow (If there's fighting, then that way, Triple Triad would also work) and will be one of her main motivations for wanting to move.

We are kinda basing our three characters off of Samurai Champloo. Rin = Jin, Arato = Mugen, and Langli = Fuu.

It'll be hella fun.

This right here was something I was considering doing so I could get a head-start on leveling because dang, I do love having healers, and the head-start would do me well. Seeing that other people are doing the same (or have done) makes me all the more tempted to do this, ahah

I'm retiring Rakka'li and switching my main to AuRa come Heavensward, what that means for plot stuff in this thread I don't know yet, but I'm excited to find out their lore so that I can have more than a vague idea about it and potentially make connections with people.

Part of me is wondering if they're so far out there in terms of lore that deciding stuff like age and parents is going to turn out way, way off, so I'm just waiting.

Like, what if they hatch from eggs as fully formed "adults"? Yes I know, unlikely, but I don't want any crazy surprises.

The problem with RPing too many Au Ras right now is not just their unknown culture, but also the naming convention. When the lore is revealed, many people might find out that the Au Ras they have been RPing don't quite work lore-wise. Time will tell, but I personally don't want to risk it. I already know what first name I'd like for my main Au Ra, but I'm willing to wait and change it in case lore tells me that it's not a suitable one.

It strikes me as really bizarre that people are actually role-playing a new playable race before we actually know what they're like in terms of their attitude, background, culture and the effect they'll have on the world around them.

Putting that aside, however, I intend to invest in one myself once they're actually available in-game. I'll likely turn my existing main character into a completely new character to avoid having to start from scratch and go with some sort of rugged mercenary/soldier for his base concept. 

I generally end up playing grim, conflicted and serious characters as they're what interest me the most so I'm certain his personality will be along those lines.