37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on ICly?

• Heeeeell yeah!
    • Uh uh.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I might make my alt into one if I can without making it mary-sueish. I'm not going to try real hard to work around the lore, though I imagine it to be snowflakey like Dragoon or White mage.

Hard mode: Don't make it Guts from Berserk.

Impossible mode: Don't make it have anything to do with MUH DARKNESS.

Well, we don't know what lore they're gonna be throwing at us as far as I'm aware. But I'm pretty distracted all the time...

If it can fit properly into my story and I actually think it can work, who knows. People make everything snowflakey. Don't worry about stuff like that and just do your thing as you please.

There've been people RPing with invisible greatswords since launch, people RPing as DRKs since launch and people already head-canoning their own lore for it despite it not even having been announced that early.

In comparison, there's almost nothing you can do to fuck up. Just go with it.

I'm not against any of that as long as they don't activate full on god-mode but I'm also trying to be at least somewhat follow the lore, even though I've otherwise been guilty in the past, lol. Again, we'll see.

Well, we don't know what lore they're gonna be throwing at us as far as I'm aware. But I'm pretty distracted all the time...

If it can fit properly into my story and I actually think it can work, who knows. People make everything snowflakey. Don't worry about stuff like that and just do your thing as you please.

Then again, I have a somewhat decent way of how to implement it with this character of mine (not the dark, 'edgy' type either). I'm not too worried about what other people may say about it since the rp community is relatively decent.

I dunno. I might make my alt into one if I can without making it mary-sueish. I'm not going to try real hard to work around the lore, though I imagine it to be snowflakey like Dragoon or White mage.

Hard mode: Don't make it Guts from Berserk.

Impossible mode: Don't make it have anything to do with MUH DARKNESS.

And btw, I really need to watch/read that.

There've been people RPing with invisible greatswords since launch,

I'm one of 'em.

Thought I tend to use the winglet model without a shield.

I'll probably play Dark Knight job-wise. Obviously I won't be one in the lore, just a dude with a two handed sword.

I just hope that not all their models look like 500 pound buster swords like the artifact weapon.

I plan to change into one, I like giant s'words and I like the Paladin/Dark Knight aesthetic. but I am making great efforts as to not be Edgelord McSnowflakepants #928.

One needs to remember that jumping on board the DRK boat doesn't necessitate listening to Linkin Park...or having dead parents.

I have ideas in place but its all lore dependent and how flexible it can be. Still playing a lot of it by ear. :/

The way I'm spinning Steel's Darkity Dark Darkness is just an expression of power--tying her martial skills with umbral energy. Nothing really that much deeper than that. Not hugged by a Voidsent or a walking fount of depression.

Should the Job class the use of personal trauma to tap into their power, or be fueled by some passion or rage a la The Dark Side, then she has some experiences to tap in to, but her husband's death hasn't been the full focus of her characterization. I don't expect that the Dark Knight will change that.

Isn't being fueled by anger or rage basically Warrior? Their eyes glow red and everything.

Dark Knight seems more magical from the few attacks we've seen, whereas Warrior is purely martial and potentially closer to what some folk want.

Isn't being fueled by anger or rage basically Warrior? Their eyes glow red and everything.

Dark Knight seems more magical from the few attacks we've seen, whereas Warrior is purely martial and potentially closer to what some folk want.

Good point, actually. Welp, ignore the last half of my post then. Pretty simple to do. xD

I had a Reaver-Tank in Rift and a Dark Templar in Age of Conan. DRK is basically them.

Don't neglect the wandering Samurai or Ronin archetype for the class. I don't know about Guts, if it is the same. This is not a class for my main, but I have an alt or two that will make fine sword wielders.

I have an alt or two that will make fine sword wielders.

Good luck dragging them up through all of MSQ so they can even access the new classes.

One of them is up to Castrum, so it may not be all that bad.

Is that true, though, that we can't even add new classes without fighting through the ENTIRETY of msq up through the 2.55 debacles?

I'm not going to say any of my characters will be any of the new classes, because essentially, there's zero lore about them, and as Heavensward will revolve around Ishgard and co., the classes will probably be somehow tied to that as well. I personally would rather not be a special snowflake.

Just keep the following in mind regarding how people think when it comes to this stuff.

Their own justifications for RPing a Job: Well thought out, rational, not lore breaking, good RP, doing it for the right reasons.

Everyone else's justifcations for RPing a Job: Poorly thought out, irrational, lore breaking, bad RP, doing it for the wrong reasons.

While I'm not interested in Dark Knight my AuRa is going to be all over Astrologian, and I'll be a gods damned special snowflake to do it if necessary.