[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ravana vs Shiva fight tho.

Anyone else get a weird mortal kombat vibe from that?

My friends and I call it a choppy Pokemon battle. They even take turns.

Eh I guess it was because it was a weirdly muscular 4 armed dude vs a nearly naked ice lady. '3'

Hmm. Has anyone come across anything about how an Au Ra's horns function to help them with spacial awareness? I'm really curious how that all functions, but there doesn't seem to be anything on it.

If I had to guess, they probably function similarly to the tusk of a narwhal. A narwhal's tusk is a sensory organ packed with nerve endings that can detect subtle details about a narwhal's surroundings like temperature, pressure, salinity, and other aspects.

An Au Ra's horns likely have similar capabilities albeit on a very, very reduced scale. The horns provide enhanced hearing and perhaps that is the only thing they do, but--and this is pure speculation, mind--if we follow the same principle as above, an Au Ra's horns may also let them subconsciously sense tiny details about their surrounding environment like fluctuations in the air caused by motion or changes in temperature from body heat.

Again, this is all pure speculation as I doubt Square Enix will ever elaborate on the actual mechanism, but it's interesting to think about.

Dark Knights can apparently sense each other. While its not directly stated that they can, there are two instances where two dark knights confirm this. The first being when Fray says that "There is a dark power growing within you." During the initial Dark Knight quest and when you talk to the Au Ra in the lvl 60 Dark Knight armor in the forgotten Knight. If you spoke to him before hand, he will tell you to leave but after the two initial DRK quests, he acknowledges that you wield the power of Darkness and to take care around the Temple knights, without you even telling him that you possessed such a power.

Multiverse.... WoL but the Darkness version. Just saying...

I saw this post and was actually expecting a dark version of your own character - your own personal Dark Link, so to speak. Instead, it looks like we get the Dark Derplander. The Darklander. Who apparently didn't get the memo about the Derplander's job change in all the hype videos and is still a Warrior.

All that talk about keeping the balance of light and dark, though, is giving me serious FF3 vibes. For those who haven't played or read up on that one - it's all about stopping the Cloud of Darkness from causing a flood of darkness that engulfs the world as the Warriors of Light. However, it also mentioned that millennia ago the opposite occurred with the world being threatened to being engulfed in light - which was stopped by the Warriors of Darkness.

Not to mention all this talk about Rejoining - two halves that need to become one - which is giving me a lot of FF5 vibes too. Is Zodiark being held in the gap between the two realms like Exdeath was? Are we going to learn that Hydaelyn and the Void (or Hydaelyn and some other place, with the Void being that "in-between" gap) were once one and the same and were divided?

It leaves me to wonder more about what the Ascians' game plan is. Or, if the white-robed one is working independently of the others to maintain the balance rather than revive Zodiark. Considering they're all caught up in being purposely vague and doing evil Fusion Dances, though... it might be a while before we get any concrete information.

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Exploring the ruins of the landlords and collecting the treasures scattered about is a hobby of mine, but I never dreamt I'd actually meet someone from the surface! I could not hope to find an artifact even half as valuable as our meeting, kupo!

Things I Learned From The MSQ/Job Quests

1) Kill all Ishgardians.

2) Dragons are hypocrites.

3) Kill all Lalafells.

and that I am REALLY tired of Ul'dah.

Donate now to the Haurchefant Foundation to promote proper and sturdy shield construction.

:cry:

Me after the Vault: Well shit. :( The son of the man who took me in gave his life for me.

What line did I choose? I WILL HAVE THAT FUCKER'S HEART FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: When did Haurchefant go "I am Count Fortemps son?"

Like, for some reason I must have forgotten in the shitty Coerthas quests. Go through 3.0 MSQ and he suddenly says FATHER AND SER AYMERIC WILL WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS.

Me: Wait... you're his son?!

Question: When did Haurchefant go "I am Count Fortemps son?"

Like, for some reason I must have forgotten in the shitty Coerthas quests. Go through 3.0 MSQ and he suddenly says FATHER AND SER AYMERIC WILL WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS.

Me: Wait... you're his son?!

Me after the Vault: Well shit. :( The son of the man who took me in gave his life for me.

What line did I choose? I WILL HAVE THAT FUCKER'S HEART FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a screenshot of that choice, just to show which one I picked. Because there was really no other option. I might put it up with all the other spoilery screens once more folks are caught up. I just kept hitting the Print Screen button when something interesting popped up.

I took a screenshot of that choice, just to show which one I picked. Because there was really no other option.

I demand a picture of the choice. And I hope you chose the only right option.

As I said, there was only one right option. And I can upload it to imgur or something once I'm home from work. :blush:

The Kain minion states that Kain was an Ishgardian Dragoon of legend that abandoned Duty for Honor.

Primals and other gods do not require a basis in reality to exist, all they need is proper belief and an idea to form them. This includes the idealized Shiva that Iceheart summoned and Thordan

I was more shaken up by what happened to Lady Iceheart and Estinien personally. Haurchefant's demise was tragic, yes, but the bulk of the journey in the expansion's main quests involve travelling alongside Ysayle and Estinien. The latter might regain his senses if they're seeking to pull a Kain Highwind with him but...I fear his fate is sealed.

All the new lore we have on the Allag has me so giddy with joy. It's all fantastic.

Loved the origins of the Ixali. Turns out they were originally chimerical creations bio-engineered by the empire as a source of labor, among other civil uses. They were given the name Iksalion. Iksali. Ixali. A very clever bastardization that makes a lot of sense, given the five millennia that have since passed and the Ixal themselves not being overwhelmingly intelligent.

They proved to be genetically unstable, and thus the experiment was declared a failure and discontinued. However, they apparently survived the calamity that destroyed the empire, and continued breeding. Due to that genetic instability, they lost their feathers and their ability to fly over time. Funny how all that snowballed into them becoming a beast tribe and creating their own false god.

Could gush on and on about all the new Allag lore, but I'll stop here for now. Azys Lla is amaaaazing. The museum so awesome. Gives an interesting vibe to Allagan culture. As twisted as some of their experimentation was, they were really normal in other areas. Azys Lla was actually a hot spot for tourism, hence the museum.

I absolutely lost it when we had to agree to the terms and services before being allowed access to the guidance node.

I'd like some metrics from SE to see the percentages on that particular choice.

I'm probably gonna pick "..."

No words.

Only axe cleavings.

I kinda like how they have essentially every single FF character as a far off legend or something to that extent. Kain (if they mention Richard/Ricard/Gareth/Edward I will fanboy like a motherfucker) being an ancient legend makes me wonder who else is going to show up in a passing line.

I love the interconnecting references.

Estinien acknowledges you as an Azure Dragoon (I assume if you have done the DRG quest line, can we get a confirmation from someone who hasn't?)

and when finding Y'mhitra, Tataru goes: Oh you know her do you? this time I assume from the SMN quest line (again can anyone who hasn't done them confirm?)