[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion

during the initial Astrologian quest the following bit of text showed up and piqued my interest.

'have you learned nothing from the Nymians? the Amdapori? the Mcachi?'

given two of those three were involved in the war of the mages, could it therefore be that the other is the third as yet unamed one?

I think it may be confirmed, if not highly plausible. The SCH quest chain mentions a voidsent sealed into a pot that may be the cause of the Nymians' transformation into tonberries. Surito Carito (Scholarberry) even goes so far as to mention that "their magi trafficked with the void, grew mighty from the shadows and attacked our lands time and again!"

How does that make it less plausible?

I meant that it is either confirmed or highly plausible. I vaguely remember Sounsyy mentioning a lot of Black Magic users turning to tampering with the void for access to even more power. Which could heavily hint as to the Mcachi being the third, Black Magic-focused faction in the War of the Magi.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusk Vigil Lore :

They got wrecked, then the troops mutinied, which was swiftly put down by Ser Yuhelmeric. The aide told them they were out of food, but Yuhelmeric pretty much said "Let's eat the mutineers", and thus they did.

This apparently makes them snow zombies.

Then a griffon showed up and RNG screwed me over.

Except for Nidhogg's thralls, but they're pretty much "fuck everyone" at this point.

Nidhogg himself is not a friendly guy, either... but it's kinda understandable considering what happened to him.

Is there any bit of fresher Au Ra lore in the expansion? Seems kinda weird to have them as just this random thing that apparently has nothing to do with anything?

It's mentioned in the DRK lore that some Xaela ended up in Ishgard due to feeling from the Empire. The majority were also killed by Ishgardians fearing they were draconic.

Except for Nidhogg's thralls, but they're pretty much "fuck everyone" at this point.

Nidhogg himself is not a friendly guy, either... but it's kinda understandable considering what happened to him.

Yeah, I wanted to convey that I understand why they're pretty much eat them all and salt the earth mode, but that they are still in that mode and thus cannot be reasoned with.

Which is actually a plot point!

I've been collecting little bits of lore here and there while playing. One of the ones I liked most was the fact that the people of Falcon's Nest trained as falconeers so that they could have a warning system against the Dravarians in case the Astrologians couldn't come through in time for them. It was nice to see something practical like that.

Yeah, I wanted to convey that I understand why they're pretty much eat them all and salt the earth mode, but that they are still in that mode and thus cannot be reasoned with.

Which is actually a plot point!

They literally ate her eyes, the bastards!

Is there any bit of fresher Au Ra lore in the expansion? Seems kinda weird to have them as just this random thing that apparently has nothing to do with anything?

It's mentioned in the DRK lore that some Xaela ended up in Ishgard due to feeling from the Empire. The majority were also killed by Ishgardians fearing they were draconic.

I knew there were some things with Au Ra and the DRK quest, but.... woooah. : o

So far (level 52 quest) the only DRK we see is Sidurgu (Fray doesn't count, as it was basically our dark side possessing a dead Fray's body or something like that). Is there an actual group of Dark Knights? Or at least, would it be possible within the lore to be a DRK?

So far (level 52 quest) the only DRK we see is Sidurgu (Fray doesn't count, as it was basically our dark side possessing a dead Fray's body or something like that). Is there an actual group of Dark Knights? Or at least, would it be possible within the lore to be a DRK?

Where'd you find tge 52 quest? D: I can't find it

Edit - NVM found it

FFVI reference in Estinien's dialogue in the Churning Mists.

Such contradictions aside, our hosts seemed entranced by the height of my leap. They compared me to "Mog," a lance-wielding moogle warrior of eld who also favored such attacks.

(While Mog is known more for dancing than jumping, his weapon of predilection was the spear.)

FFVI reference in Estinien's dialogue in the Churning Mists.

Such contradictions aside, our hosts seemed entranced by the height of my leap. They compared me to "Mog," a lance-wielding moogle warrior of eld who also favored such attacks.

(While Mog is known more for dancing than jumping, his weapon of predilection was the spear.)

There's another FF6 reference in the last zone. And it was one I was wholly not expecting and would love to find out more if the game would stop shitting the bed every couple minutes.

Hmm. Has anyone come across anything about how an Au Ra's horns function to help them with spacial awareness? I'm really curious how that all functions, but there doesn't seem to be anything on it.

For the Garlean roleplayers it may be wise to note that along with the unveiling of Lucia's true identity we also got insight into more of the Garlean "middle name" lore: "Goe" is likely the designator of someone possessing the rank of a field operative or spy.

For the Garlean roleplayers it may be wise to note that along with the unveiling of Lucia's true identity we also got insight into more of the Garlean "middle name" lore: "Goe" is likely the designator of someone possessing the rank of a field operative or spy.

Actually, two of the first few tomes of lore just lying around in Gubal Library list a lot of Garlean middle name / titles and what they are, even ones we haven't seen in game yet. I didn't get a chance to grab a screenshot on my runs, though.