[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just say how much in love with Ken-E-Senna I am right now?

I totally fangirl'd out over how sweet she was dealing with the moogles' silly meaningless chores. She never once complains or even raises an eyebrow at it. In fact, if anything, she looks so happy just to be interacting with the moogles. I loved how her bodyguards are absolutely incredulous at the things they're forced to do, but she doesn't even mention it.

Sweeping the floor? Scrubbing dirty dishes? All in a day's work for the Elder Seedseer, apparently!

Gawd, I love her. I joined the Adders for good reason!

I have to wonder what Aymeric taking control of Ishgard means for the city's infrastructure as a whole. Is the Holy See or the Church as we know it dissolved completely? If Aymeric presumably revealed the truth behind the Dragonsong War to the populace, would the inquisition still be a thing, and if so would they still be looking for heretics, since the only dragons left are Nidhogg's mindless horde, and the heretics lead by Iceheart proper presumably disbanded?

If there's one thing they listened to the fans on, it's Kan-E-Senna actually doing shit rather than not.

AAAAAAAAAND we have FF1 namedrop.

A leading figure in the field of aetheric research, and one of the finest scholars ever to grace Sharlayan - Matoya, my former master.

Granted, that is a FAR removal from the role Matoya played in FF1 (essentially a witch NPC that was a chain in a fedex quest - you gave Matoya's eye/the Crystal Ball back and she furnished you with the means to wake the prince of the Elves) but still, the chain of references continues.

For those of you who don't do sidequests and are wondering how the news of dravinians and ishgardians living together will be received, it's a concern of the Congregation as they do not wish to spread the news just yet. Ser Handeloup asks you to reach out to the Moogles, and mentions they wish to figure out the history of the Churning Mists.

The Moogles agree to help them out, on the condition that they help fix Zenith. They agree, but the Moogles tell them that they would rather do it on their own as Hraesvelgr wouldn't exactly appreciate seeing so many Elezen around his tower, so just to teach them, even if it'll be slower. So they can repair the tower (and the relationship) brick by brick.

It's a fairly well done story - I'd recommend you play through it for anything I may have missed.

Can I just say how much in love with Ken-E-Senna I am right now?

I totally fangirl'd out over how sweet she was dealing with the moogles' silly meaningless chores. She never once complains or even raises an eyebrow at it. In fact, if anything, she looks so happy just to be interacting with the moogles. I loved how her bodyguards are absolutely incredulous at the things they're forced to do, but she doesn't even mention it.

Sweeping the floor? Scrubbing dirty dishes? All in a day's work for the Elder Seedseer, apparently!

Gawd, I love her. I joined the Adders for good reason!

Quoted for truth, all of it. Bless Kan-E-Senna for just being herself.

I finished the MSQ on wednesday (or was it tuesday? I don't remember, haha). Delicious, delicious lore. Everywhere.

B-But the ending to The Vault. I could have... I could have dodged that. ANYTHING but what happened. :frustrated:

I am still heartbroken.

So curious question, not sure if anyone has brought this up. But in the Dungeon The Fractal Continuum, one of the mobs / creatures in Alagan vats are Ixalion. They look like proto ixali just with wing arms instead of hands. So this would leave me to think the Ixali were manufactured, is this a thing I just never knew or is this a reveal?

Because I don't believe there has been any link to any other beastmen tribe with the Alagan.

So what's up with Y'shtola's eyes? No one's mentioned that so far, and it really struck me how different she looked with them.

If that's what happens when you obtain 'aethersight', then... hmmm...

B-But the ending to The Vault. I could have... I could have dodged that. ANYTHING but what happened. :frustrated:

I am still heartbroken.

Harchefaunt himself apologizes for what he did before he goes lights out - he literally couldn't help himself. In the heat of the moment, his legs moved on their own. He likely well knew that you could have dodged it, but decided to take the blow for you because of his devotion to you.

You can't pin the blame on the WoL for this one.

I am still heartbroken.

Harchefaunt himself apologizes for what he did before he goes lights out - he literally couldn't help himself. In the heat of the moment, his legs moved on their own. He likely well knew that you could have dodged it, but decided to take the blow for you because of his devotion to you.

You can't pin the blame on the WoL for this one.

Oh, I am aware. I was simply expressing my heartbreak for it.

Y'shtola traveled through the Aether stream without a tether to bring her back in order to escape capture during the events of 2.5. Her eyes lost all their luster and life as a result of using the forbidden magic.

So what's up with Y'shtola's eyes? No one's mentioned that so far, and it really struck me how different she looked with them.

If that's what happens when you obtain 'aethersight', then... hmmm...

I thought the implication was that she was blind.

Matoya cautions her against seeing through aether and how that saps your life force.

I thought the idea was that the trip through the aetherstream or the forbidden spell blinded her, and this whole time she accompanies you she's using some kind of aether-sight.

Also, yeah Ixali seem to have been manufactured by the Allagan's, but fell into disuse because of genetic instabilities. Presumably the same genetic instabilities that caused their loss of wings. My current pet theory is that similar to the Titans and their creations in WoW mythos, the beastmen tribe were crafted service workers for the Allagans.

So curious question, not sure if anyone has brought this up. But in the Dungeon The Fractal Continuum, one of the mobs / creatures in Alagan vats are Ixalion. They look like proto ixali just with wing arms instead of hands. So this would leave me to think the Ixali were manufactured, is this a thing I just never knew or is this a reveal?

Because I don't believe there has been any link to any other beastmen tribe with the Alagan.

The console entries inside of the dungeon mention that they are manufactured (weaknesses listed include genetic instability, thus why our Ixal don't have feathers to fly with). I ended up being kind of right in my prediction before Heavensward: Azys La basically is Ayatlan.

Apparently traveling through the Aetherstream, using the means of magic or otherwise, drains the life from your eyes, usually turning them complete white upon returning to the physical plain.

I would say that is the use of the forbidden spell, rather than simply traveling through the lifestream. The manner of travel used by y'shtola was risky and she left part of herself behind.