[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion

during the initial Astrologian quest the following bit of text showed up and piqued my interest.

'have you learned nothing from the Nymians? the Amdapori? the Mcachi?'

given two of those three were involved in the war of the mages, could it therefore be that the other is the third as yet unamed one?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is extremely exciting. Maybe we should have a spoilerific thread with things like this we pick up on.

This is a good idea. I am keeping a lore-tracking thread on my FC's forum.  I have taken SO many screenshots of dialogue - which I keep on doing - which I then piece together in spoiler tags for later reference.

Also, proof that not every job is the soul crystal teaching you: after you learn the skill for the mch quest line, it states that it is your tutor teaching you.

It also states that your MCH "soul crystal" is artificial - and actually used as a sort of power source or something to the device that lets you weave aether into your shots.

This is extremely exciting. Maybe we should have a spoilerific thread with things like this we pick up on.

This is a good idea. I am keeping a lore-tracking thread on my FC's forum.  I have taken SO many screenshots of dialogue - which I keep on doing - which I then piece together in spoiler tags for later reference.

I'd appreciate it if you shared some of those dialogues you found interesting. That'd be awesome.

The nature of Dark Knights is pretty unusual. They channel the aggressive, dark parts of the personality in the form of magic. The more powerful they become, the more powerful that repressed personality becomes. When it is strong enough, it will actively contest the Dark Knight for supremacy over their body, effectively rending their soul in two. A Dark Knight must keep both aspects of his soul in balance to retain control of their body. This means being truthful and accepting of the dark parts of your soul and confronting them on an active and consistent basis.

Dark Knights shed worldly possessions in an effort to calm the storm in their soul and better connect themselves to their emotions, as well as being a symbolic effort to the first Dark Knight of the Order.

Playing for 25 hours without stop, I came across some veeeery interesting things. Beware, this is spoiler heavy.

First of all, the fact that apparently all aevis are heretics that had drank of the dragon blood, thus attaining dragon form.

One of the major points of interest is that all ishgardians have trace of dreadwyrm blood running through their veins; the blood of Ratatoskr, sister of Nidhogg and Hraesvelgr. That makes them vulnerable to the dragon influence.

EDIT: Also, long long time ago, all manner of chocobos could fly. They lost the ability cause lack of necessity.

The nature of Dark Knights is pretty unusual. They channel the aggressive, dark parts of the personality in the form of magic. The more powerful they become, the more powerful that repressed personality becomes. When it is strong enough, it will actively contest the Dark Knight for supremacy over their body, effectively rending their soul in two. A Dark Knight must keep both aspects of his soul in balance to retain control of their body. This means being truthful and accepting of the dark parts of your soul and confronting them on an active and consistent basis.

Dark Knights shed worldly possessions in an effort to calm the storm in their soul and better connect themselves to their emotions, as well as being a symbolic effort to the first Dark Knight of the Order.

..... Huh... looking at this I was rping a DRK without even knowing it with Aarons personality....

Interesting. ..

Also, proof that not every job is the soul crystal teaching you: after you learn the skill for the mch quest line, it states that it is your tutor teaching you.

It also states that your MCH "soul crystal" is artificial - and actually used as a sort of power source or something to the device that lets you weave aether into your shots.

This is very interesting all by itself. If soul crystals can be artificially created it could open a lot of doors on different jobs and RP.

..... Huh... looking at this I was rping a DRK without even knowing it with Aarons personality....

Interesting. ..

....well fuck....

This is more or less Asmodean and Moridin. >.>;;; I may have to find a way to make Asmodean a DRK at some point in time.

All right here's bits of questlines I caught up on :

WAR -> Follow in the steps of Mythril Heart, legendary Warrior even among Warriors, by helping Curious Gorge's brother.

PLD -> Continuation of the Oathkeeper quest, with notices that it has been actually found but the free paladin that found it disappeared. You go through this with Papashan, btw.

BRD -> A prominent Bard student is sent alongside an Order of the Twin Adder enthusiast about songs in order to find the Ballad of Oblivion. You mentor them.

MNK -> Widargelt took on students, two orphaned miqo'te. You do a demonstration to them then he is suddenly attacked by a group using the arts of the Monk.

CRP -> A Templar Knight's lance is found in the Black Shroud, you hunt down the owner's son who requests your services to craft him a bow because he's not a dumbass like dear ol' dad.

BSM -> A noble house's servant fallen from grace seeks your expertise to craft weapons for his master, who will be attempting to win a Templar Knight competition to restore honor to her name.

ARM -> Blantsyr seeks to understand the danger that comes with people wearing the armor he crafts, so he dons a set of Wolfram Armor, and proceeds to get his ass handed to him by a rat. You decide to help him hone his craft even further.

CUL -> The Missing Member's head chef won a prestigious competition. You are tasked by the waitress to win the second competition to put his catboy ass in his place as he is an insufferable piece of shit.

GSM -> You are tasked by a Jewelry store to craft a masterpiece for an Immortal Flames' commander by virtue of his wife.

WVR -> Redolent Rose sends you to Ishgard in the hopes there's some extensive work to be done there. You end up becoming the private tailor to a sheltered young woman who really, REALLY hates the sheltering.

LTW -> Fen-Yll's fineries to Ishgard send you to refuse a client's request, which you do and he understands, but he pleads you to stay and help him create a leather goods store that accepts everyone's gil, rather than just the nobles' ('cause yeah apparently in Ishgard gil HAS a color!)

MIN -> House Fortemps has a commission for prospecting. Guess who's going? You also meet a sort of foreigner legion under House Fortemps' protection as well. And Hatchling. Can't forget Hatchling. They also call you Professor.

FSH -> An Ishgardian friend of Wawalago visits him, and forgets his rod at the guild. You bring it back to him, and the both of you tell fish tales as he invites you over to fish in Ishgard.

during the initial Astrologian quest the following bit of text showed up and piqued my interest.

given two of those three were involved in the war of the mages, could it therefore be that the other is the third as yet unamed one?

I think it may be confirmed, if not highly plausible. The SCH quest chain mentions a voidsent sealed into a pot that may be the cause of the Nymians' transformation into tonberries. Surito Carito (Scholarberry) even goes so far as to mention that "their magi trafficked with the void, grew mighty from the shadows and attacked our lands time and again!"

I think it may be confirmed, if not highly plausible. The SCH quest chain mentions a voidsent sealed into a pot that may be the cause of the Nymians' transformation into tonberries. Surito Carito (Scholarberry) even goes so far as to mention that "their magi trafficked with the void, grew mighty from the shadows and attacked our lands time and again!"

Void sealed into a pot? Would that be the same void creature that THM finds and releases before having to slay?

How does that make it less plausible?

I just reached a point in the story talking more about the Drivanian war. I can not remember how long ago it was but they do mention that for two hundred years the Ealzen and Dragon kind lived in peace because of Shiva and her dragon lover. However the peace was broken with Nidhogs eye being stolen.

If Mujih Mewrilah makes it to Ishgard, everyone else can.

Which she does.

WAR 52 quest :

CURIOUS GORGE IS THE WORST FUCKING NPC MY FUCKING GOD.

Three guesses as to what happens to him and the first two don't count.

So, the path to mastery of the Warrior is literally "GO OUT THERE, WRECK SHIT, AND BE THE MOST FUCKING AWESOME ASSKICKER YOU CAN BE."

Okay so maybe I paraphrased, but yeah the Inner Beast rouses when you push yourself to the absolute limit.

Tiamat, one of Midgardsormr's first brood (one of seven that he brought to this star) and mate to Bahamut, brought tons of children into Hydaelyn from Meracydia. The Allagans came and captured her and slaughtered her children in droves. Ascian's then found her after killing Bahamut originally.

The Ascian's then resurrected Bahamut and taught the Allag how to seal him within Dalamud.

"The beings thy kind call gods are but specters of thy mind's creation, given form at great cost to Hydaelyn."