[Spoilers] Heavensward Lore Discussion

It's not uh... really lore.

But I visited Coerthas and found a grave T_T

And then I visited the camp.

And I guess I never picked up this level 37 quest but it's just horribly apt next to the empty chair.

"Dead is Dead"

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while people were losing their shit over omg Allagans created the Ixal, I'd just like to draw attention on the other following revelations from that dungeon.

- The Allagans manufactured Manikins (Dissidia reference, but beyond the name they don't seem to share any specifics).

- The Allagans hybrided a voidsent and another creature (Nagas) - Granted, at that point they were probably thinking "Hm we can make voidsent + face but... can we make... ANYTHING + ANYTHING LET'S TRY IT!"

There are too many feels in this damn MSQ!

Ysayle AND Estinien?

Not fair.  :(  And Haucherfant.  And..  :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Too many feels.

Clearly Square Enix just hates Elezen.

I hate Moogles so damn much right now.

I'm now waiting to find out that Mr. Pope Dude has eaten the other eye or something equally stupid.  Like given it to the Ascians.  Because what's the worst that could happen with that?

What have the moogles done to deserve this much hate other than, y'know, over 9000 quests in Churning Mists?

The level 58 DRK quest. I would have liked, y'know, something related to the rest of the DRK questline, instead of some moogles trying to be evil.

I think you misunderstood that quest. It was very related to the rest of the chain despite it featuring moogles heavily, and explains that love is a very important factor when channeling the Darkside. After seeing that comment I braced myself for a bad sidequest but was pleasantly surprised.

Probably one of my favorite quests.

Funny moogles, Info on source of Darkside power, and character development from the main characters.

All these times when I'm not allowed to say anything in the quests, and I just wanna say...

Alaqa: "You know my pain and still you stand in my way?"

What I wanted to say: "Yes, you stupid bitch!  So you got picked on, so what?  Now you're gonna blow the entire world up.  Yes, I'm getting in your way."

...I was a mite disappointed by the questline (though cheered by a lot of the lore, even if some of it was contradictory >.>;)

They won't change, since they chronologically happen before Heavensward.

Pretty much this.

The NPC dialogue outside of the quests though will be different. Alberic talks about how happy he was that Estinien had fought the eye's influence and returned to Ishgard for the 50+ quest. If you do this after the MSQ... he talks about having feared that you too....

Can I just mention how much I've been listening to the boss fight music at work these days? A lot of people have been saying how they like Ravana's... but I'm a rather big fan of Bismarck and Thordan's. I mean, LISTEN to this:

-cZHfOs2XOc

It could be that I'm a sucker for operatic music, but goddamn. Makes me feel all the worse that I couldn't listen to it very well when going through since I was trying to figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing. That... and being absolutely MESMERIZED by the planet background for the limit break at the end.

The Thordan fight was amazing. I didn't think they could pull off such a true to the summon from ff7 version but god damn, I am glad they proved me wrong.  It felt like I was eight again seeing the summon for the first time. I look forward what other crazy ideas they try using from now on.

Also I want to bring up a thought about the primals... We know for a fact how to make one.... I'm I the only one thinking we may fight a primal version of the WoL somewhere down the line?

The Thordan fight was amazing. I didn't think they could pull off such a true to the summon from ff7 version but god damn, I am glad they proved me wrong.  It felt like I was eight again seeing the summon for the first time. I look forward what other crazy ideas they try using from now on.

Also I want to bring up a thought about the primals... We know for a fact how to make one.... I'm I the only one thinking we may fight a primal version of the WoL somewhere down the line?

I was reading some stuff about the fight in the comments for that video too. Apparently, they other knights show up in the exact same order and pairing as in the original FF7 summon, which is a really nice touch if true. Still, even without that little attention to detail, the fight itself is aesthetically pleasing and the battlefield itself is beautiful (especially the end of the limit break, as mentioned).

Also, a couple people have been throwing around that the WoL might BE a primal or becoming one. After all, a primal is wrought from the hopes and wishes of the people - and the WoL did come out of basically "nowhere" to fill the hole left by the previous Warriors of Light from 1.0. Then again, if the WoL was/was becoming a primal... I would figure the Scions would've noticed (and subsequently tried to "deal" with you, if they weren't using you for their own purposes).

Given the MSQ ending, though, I can definitely see us getting into conflict with the WoD (whom I've affectionately dubbed the Darklander, since it seems to be using the Derplander model).

Then again, if the WoL was/was becoming a primal... I would figure the Scions would've noticed (and subsequently tried to "deal" with you, if they weren't using you for their own purposes).

Unless they've been slowly tempered by being in your presence...

*evil laugh*

Honestly that doesn't make sense considering the Ascians have been empowering people to create Primals.

Not, y'know, trying to deal with it their own way.

Rather, that you CAN effectively deal away with two empowered primals, two Ascians + Thordain in one fell swoop, as well as ally yourself WITH someone using a primal is a threat to their plans.

So they figure, if Hydaelyn can have her warrior, why not Zodiark?