What future game releases are you most looking forward to?

There's no shortage of intriguing titles set to launch later this year or shortly afterwards. This includes both new games, remakes and expansion content.

Here's a list of what I'm most excited about:

- FFXIV (pretty much a given, but we've got an entire patch cycle to look forward to and then more expansions in the future)

- The Witcher 3 DLC (a brilliant and immersive RPG - I can't wait for the expansion content)

- Resident Evil 2 HD Remake (this'll be a big rush of nostalgia)

- Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've wanted this to happen for years. I can't believe it's a thing!)

- Fallout 4 (I absolutely -love- the Fallout series. This'll no doubt soak up an immense amount of my free time)

- Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

I think that's everything. I've probably missed a few but I'll mention them later on if need be!

So! What about you guys and girls?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

Just stepping in to say... Star Ocean 2 was incredibly good. It is by far my favorite Star Ocean. I didn't care for 3 personally. But I adored Star Ocean 2, 1 is great as well. I'd suggest if you can play it.

The only one game that'd make me jump would be an MMORPG version of Wild Arms, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Final Fantasy VII has a huge sentimental value to me (it's thanks to it that I've learned English), and for such I am very troubled and wary about the remake. For many obvious reasons it's going to lack a lot of things that the original had (battle system was already said to be different in an interview, and I don't really see a World Map being possible with today's high graphics requirements), so I'm obviously concerned about what it will become. I just hope they do it justice, however little..

Whatever they do, if they don't give me battle control of other party members I'm going to scream.

I'm kinda looking forward to XCOM2, if that counts. The reboot was kinda interesting and fun, so I'm curious to see where they go with it. Plus I'm always for more games where I can have a guy in a mech suit punch aliens until they explode.

There's no shortage of intriguing titles set to launch later this year or shortly afterwards. This includes both new games, remakes and expansion content.

- FFXIV (pretty much a given, but we've got an entire patch cycle to look forward to and then more expansions in the future)

- The Witcher 3 DLC (a brilliant and immersive RPG - I can't wait for the expansion content)

- Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've wanted this to happen for years. I can't believe it's a thing!)

- Fallout 4 (I absolutely -love- the Fallout series. This'll no doubt soak up an immense amount of my free time)

- Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

I think that's everything. I've probably missed a few but I'll mention them later on if need be!

Star Ocean 3 ruined the franchise, I dunno how it can possibly be your favourite. <_>

Games I am SUPER Psyched about

- ZERO ESCAPE 3: I sat in a cafe in Little Tokyo of Downtown LA, constantly refreshing the Reddit, Neogaf, and other pages of Aksys' panel at Anime Expo 2015 where they announced this. I was SUPER SAD because the one time I decided to not go, even though the week before I was thinking of going... UCHIKOSHI WAS THERE /cry. I had been following the 4infinity.co hype forever. When it was announced, I legit teared up in happiness, and relief.

- Danganronpa 3

- Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void: I must know if I can continue to ship Raynor and Kerrigan. Fite me.

- FINAL FANTASY VII Remake

Games I am interested in:

- Tales of Zestiria

- FINAL FANTASY XV

- Star Ocean 5

- Clannad

Game(s) teased but unconfirmed:

- FINAL FANTASY XII Remastered / HD (Strong hints that this may happen... or maybe it'll just be a remix of the music... like Yasunori Mitsuda's recent announcement of his Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross music)

Edit: Games I put money into ala Kickstarter and have started to care less or maybe even regret

- Some fighting game with chefs (Battlechef Brigade)

- Legendary Showdown: Machines and Magic (Board Game)

- Mighty No. 9

- Unsung Story

- Project Phoenix

Star Ocean 3 ruined the franchise, I dunno how it can possibly be your favourite. <_>

Like I said, I never played any of the other titles. They may very well be better but Star Ocean 3 proved to be something I enjoyed playing. It was a solid RPG in my opinion.

- FINAL FANTASY XII Remastered / HD (Strong hints that this may happen... or maybe it'll just be a remix of the music... like Yasunori Mitsuda's recent announcement of his Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross music)

I really hope we see FFXII get the same treatment as FFX. It's such a brilliant game (tied with IX as my favourite of all the main titles) and I'd love to be able to play a more up to date version. The original has held up pretty well but more polish wouldn't hurt!

Ouu good thread, I'm going to start with Persona 5!

I have been so excited back when it was announced last year.

The gameplay from what I seen so far looks enjoyable and the characters that have been shown to fans so far look promising. I'm hoping the social aspect of it is more P4 > P3.

Other games:

Persona 4: Dancing all night! - I'm not into rhythm games but I'm still excited for this.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - gimme gimme gimme!

Fallout 4 - so glad it is out this year

Final Fantasy 7:Remake - one of my top FF titles, can't bring myself to play the original though because it did not age well imo.

Might I add I'm hoping for a FFXII remake too,

I'll settle with a remaster because its one of my favorite Final Fantasy to date.

Heck I'd even like a ff8 remake, though It does not really need it.

I really hope we see FFXII get the same treatment as FFX. It's such a brilliant game (tied with IX as my favourite of all the main titles) and I'd love to be able to play a more up to date version. The original has held up pretty well but more polish wouldn't hurt!

This is what I believe would be what happens! (If the tease leak is true)

I'd really love to see it. I don't really want to buy or rent a PS2 in order to play FFXII ; ;

I'll settle with a remaster because its one of my favorite Final Fantasy to date.

The tease made in reference to FFXII at Distant Worlds was amended today to say that it's not a remake. Which I expected to be the case anyway. FFXII doesn't really need it graphically but it's pretty much a  game from 2 generations ago that could really easily be FFXII HD like FFX's.

Star Ocean 5 (I loved 3. Haven't played the other titles in the series but if it's as good as 3...then I'll be very happy!)

Just stepping in to say... Star Ocean 2 was incredibly good. It is by far my favorite Star Ocean. I didn't care for 3 personally. But I adored Star Ocean 2, 1 is great as well. I'd suggest if you can play it.

Yeah SO3 was fun and interesting in a lot of ways, but I loved SO2 the most.

I cannot really say there are much others than SO5 I'm looking forward to, but I am hoping I can get Iga's new game Bloodstained. I rarely have time for games other than FFXIV now, but it'd be nice to get something I can play single player once in a while.

This is what I believe would be what happens! (If the tease leak is true)

I'd really love to see it. I don't really want to buy or rent a PS2 in order to play FFXII ; ;

The tease made in reference to FFXII at Distant Worlds was amended today to say that it's not a remake. Which I expected to be the case anyway. FFXII doesn't really need it graphically but it's pretty much a  game from 2 generations ago that could really easily be FFXII HD like FFX's.

Eeep, my bad. I have no idea why I even mentioned a remake of the game because it is still graphically good, it has aged well much like FF10 had before it got the remaster treatment. I'm glad to hear it was teased yet again though, they had teased it in the past depending on how well the FFX HD remaster did, and I assume it did very well!

Lets see. . .

Fallout 4

The New Fire Emblem Fate games

Star Wars Battlefront 3

The New kingdom hearts

FF-XV (15)

The eventual release of Mass Effect 4 (Which im hoping will be better than 3 because of a new protagonist and storyline.)

Thats about what I am looking forward too, though ive probably missed a few.

Monster Hunter X (Cross) even though no word of a Western release has been stated yet.

Bloodstained The Kickstarter super successfully funded Igarashi game, a spiritual successor to Castlevania.

Mighty No. 9 Also a Kickstarter funded game built to be a spiritual successor to the Megaman games.

And what ever happened to Final Fantasy Explorers? It's been out in Japan since like December or something. I was looking forward to that game too.

Games for which I am hyped:

• Monster Hunter X - Coming out in Japan this fall, hopefully NA next year or the year after that. The more I hear about it, the cooler it looks.
  • Fire Emblem Fates - Awakening was the first FE to really click with me, so I'm quite looking forward to this one.
  • The Legend of Zelda Wii U - Don't know too much about it yet, but I've got high hopes.

Games I am moderately interested in and will probably preorder:

• Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - I need my Animal Crossing fix. Those amiibo cards are going to break my budget, I'm sure.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - I want to fly around in a huge mech.
  • Tales of Zestiria - Always need more Tales games. Tales of Symphonia being a possible preorder bonus on steam is also nice.
  • Fallout 4 - Bethesda's E3 conference got me pretty interested.

Kickstarted stuff:

• Hiveswap
  • River City Ransom Underground
  • Yooka-Laylee

Monster Hunter X (Cross) even though no word of a Western release has been stated yet.  

And what ever happened to Final Fantasy Explorers?  It's been out in Japan since like December or something.  I was looking forward to that game too.

Yay a fellow Monster Hunter! :D I was beginning to think I was the only one.

Also Final Fantasy Explorers will be coming to North America on January 26th of 2016 and Europe on the 29th. :)

The upcoming Fire Emblem games top my list.  Not just the Fate games, but also the Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem crossover.  Second on the list is Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default.

And while a long ways off, I'm eagerly awaiting the eventual release of City of Titans, a game that aims at being a spiritual successor to City of Heroes.  

I'm also extremely interested in LEGO: Dimensions.  How could I not love a game that combines Doctor Who, Batman, Lord of the Rings, Scooby Doo, Portal and so many others into one game?