Reclamation of Inactive Housing (details)

Kage

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

To ensure that plots of land are not claimed and left unused, estates not accessed for extended periods of time will be automatically demolished, and the plots of land will be put back up for sale.

Estates Subject to Demolishing

Free company housing that has not been accessed by at least one member within forty-five days.

Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner within forty-five days.

Purchased plots of land upon which an estate has not been built within forty-five days.

* The count for days of inactivity will begin on the release of patch 3.1.

Steps Prior to Demolishing

Thirty days of inactivity

A notification indicating that the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition will appear in the Timers interface in the Duty tab of the Main Menu.

Thirty-five days of inactivity

An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition.

Forty-two days of inactivity

An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating that the estate will be demolished automatically in three days.

Forty-five days of inactivity

The estate will be automatically demolished.

Halting Demolition

Any free company member or private housing owner entering the estate at any time prior to demolition will cancel the demolition process.

After Demolition

When an estate has been demolished, or the rights to an empty plot have been relinquished, said plot will be made available for purchase to all players on that World. The price will decrease every six hours from the time at which it is made available for purchase.

Reclaiming Gil and Items

When an estate has been demolished, gil and certain furnishings will be placed in the care of the resident caretaker for a fixed period of time.

Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker

80% of the price paid for the estate grounds.

Indoor and outdoor furnishings that are not destroyed upon removal.

Not Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker

The construction permit required to build an estate.

Furnishings destroyed upon removal.

Housing exteriors.

Private chambers.

Company workshops and any registered airships in the workshop.

* Players will have thirty-five days to redeem items from the resident caretaker before they are made irredeemable. Items belonging to a free company estate can only be retrieved by members with the authorization to purchase or relinquish land. Items belonging to a private estate can only be retrieved by the owner.

Edit 1: 10/21/2015

The reports of the time difference of 45 days to actually being 90 days in the German update are flawed. The timer for demolishing is 45 days of inactivity, which includes the in-game notices and multiple emails.

Edit 2: 10/26/2015

Per Letter from the Producer Live Part XXV,

House sharing feature

Players can share the house up to 3 other players.

Players can accept up to 2 house sharing invitations.

Automatic reclamation of housing

Houses that have not been entered for more than 45 days and land that has not had a house built on it for more than 45 days will be automatically reclaimed. The time for this can be found in the Timers menu. Furthermore, after 35 days have passed, an email will be sent to all FC members (and owners of private houses) informing them. If you have been subject to automatic reclamation, you will be able to receive an 80% refund in gil for the price you paid for the land from the Resident Caretaker in the housing ward. You will also be able to retrieve indoor and outdoor furnishings that you are not destroyed upon removal. You will need to retrieve your refund and furnishings within 35 days after your house has been reclaimed.

Automatic reclamation after 45 days is the result of testing based on player data.

The unofficial translation reports that sharing house with roommates will not prevent house from being demolished.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

To ensure that plots of land are not claimed and left unused, estates not accessed for extended periods of time will be automatically demolished, and the plots of land will be put back up for sale.

Estates Subject to Demolishing

Free company housing that has not been accessed by at least one member within forty-five days.

Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner within forty-five days.

Purchased plots of land upon which an estate has not been built within forty-five days.

* The count for days of inactivity will begin on the release of patch 3.1.

Steps Prior to Demolishing

Thirty days of inactivity

A notification indicating that the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition will appear in the Timers interface in the Duty tab of the Main Menu.

Thirty-five days of inactivity

An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition.

Forty-two days of inactivity

An e-mail will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company members, or the owner of a private estate, indicating that the estate will be demolished automatically in three days.

Forty-five days of inactivity

The estate will be automatically demolished.

Halting Demolition

Any free company member or private housing owner entering the estate at any time prior to demolition will cancel the demolition process.

After Demolition

When an estate has been demolished, or the rights to an empty plot have been relinquished, said plot will be made available for purchase to all players on that World. The price will decrease every six hours from the time at which it is made available for purchase.

Reclaiming Gil and Items

When an estate has been demolished, gil and certain furnishings will be placed in the care of the resident caretaker for a fixed period of time.

Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker

80% of the price paid for the estate grounds.

Indoor and outdoor furnishings that are not destroyed upon removal.

Not Redeemable from the Resident Caretaker

The construction permit required to build an estate.

Furnishings destroyed upon removal.

Housing exteriors.

Private chambers.

Company workshops and any registered airships in the workshop.

* Players will have thirty-five days to redeem items from the resident caretaker before they are made irredeemable. Items belonging to a free company estate can only be retrieved by members with the authorization to purchase or relinquish land. Items belonging to a private estate can only be retrieved by the owner.

This is great news

This is directed at the German gaming population:

It isn't 90 days; it's 45. That's translated incorrectly.

Square Response

Since the automatic removal is carried out, it had been made with the notation that can be read with a total of 90 days,

We did the adjustment of some topics of the wording.

Removal target is subject immediately after patch 3.1, automatic removal is performed at 45 days

*shrugs* As others have said we'll be right back to where we were in 46 days after 3.1

This system would be exciting if there were restrictions in place to stop people from owning multiple properties.

Yeah, aside from the gil barrier, I don't see how this really helps that whole scam of people buying up multiple properties and selling them to people at outrageous markups. They should institute a system where a player can only own one house at a time (be it a FC house or private home).

*shrugs* As others have said we'll be right back to where we were in 46 days after 3.1

This system would be exciting if there were restrictions in place to stop people from owning multiple properties.

Yeah, aside from the gil barrier, I don't see how this really helps that whole scam of people buying up multiple properties and selling them to people at outrageous markups. They should institute a system where a player can only own one house at a time (be it a FC house or private home).

Not sure if agree with that, think FCs leaders should be fucked over and having the option denied to have their own house. They should add more wards depending on how active a server is ect, I imagine non-Balmung servers don't have as much of an issue with it as we have it here. Although that said my old FC leader on Cerberus sold his small house for 15mil as well when someone randomly offered him, so I'm not sure how dire the situation is on other servers.

The housing system is simply being abused due to SE giving them the option to. Hells, many people will just log on once ever 45 days on their chars, walk into their house and just keep it like that. I don't think much will be fixed with this, it's a start but yeah...

Not sure if agree with that, think FCs leaders should be fucked over and having the option denied to have their own house. 

They basically already do. There is little to no difference between owning a FC house with your own private room and owning your own house. You can decorate both however you want. You are not beholden to your FC members to decorate your house a certain way. They are the exact same thing. Just in one instance other people can come in and fuck around regardless of lock settings as long as they have the same tag as you, and in the other instance people can only come in and fuck around if you leave your house unlocked.

There is little to no difference between owning a FC house with your own private room and owning your own house.

Pending further housing changes in 3.1 that we'll find more out about at the live letter. (since supposedly they're introducing housing options for us private estate owners to share permissions with you landless peasants.)

So we might soon have Personal houses where people on your friends list, or in a specific friends group can be granted permissions to enter when its locked/use the facilities (another thing limited to the house owner currently)

Not sure if agree with that, think FCs leaders should be fucked over and having the option denied to have their own house. 

They basically already do. There is little to no difference between owning a FC house with your own private room and owning your own house. You can decorate both however you want. You are not beholden to your FC members to decorate your house a certain way. They are the exact same thing. Just in one instance other people can come in and fuck around regardless of lock settings as long as they have the same tag as you, and in the other instance people can only come in and fuck around if you leave your house unlocked.

Don't agree with that, FCs are a mutual effort in the end, not just some sole God who rules it. Would be very dickish if you treated your FC like that, but that is a completely different topic about morals and how to run a FC.

Don't agree with that, FCs are a mutual effort in the end, not just some sole God who rules it. Would be very dickish if you treated your FC like that, but that is a completely different topic about morals and how to run a FC.

Regardless of how one would treat their FC on an individual level, I believe they're talking about how it functions on a technical level. If there is no technical distinction as far as what is available to the player that owns the house in regards to Personal and FC housing, then they've merely made a factually correct statement.

Regardless of how one would treat their FC on an individual level, I believe they're talking about how it functions on a technical level. If there is no technical distinction as far as what is available to the player that owns the house in regards to Personal and FC housing, then they've merely made a factually correct statement.

True, but I still see a FC as a mutual effort, and hells, if someone can afford a personal house besides that? Who are we to say "NOPE CANNOT HAVE THIS" while SE makes it possible. Giving personal housing was stupid on SE part, but it is not as if they can revert their decision now. No need to get salty towards FC leaders who happen to have both now.

However people hoarding houses on alts ect to sell them off later for me, that's a thing what irritates me as well, but once more, flaw on SE side, not so much on the player.

While I'm happy, I am not totally satisfied (as if I ever am, lol). First of all I don't like that it's not retroactive, and even more that we got the information out a month ahead before the feature will actually be implemented, giving all those quitters a chance to come back just once to keep their unused house.

For the same reason, I am not too excited to see that house owners will receive multiple alerts. If a person needs so many alerts to keep a house, then they're really not using it enough to care and shouldn't own one to begin with (not when the housing supply satisfies only 2% of the players at least. This is really not the time to be greedy, and those who really use houses a lot should have priority/more chances to claim one over the patch-quitters).

Lastly, I don't particularly understand the 80% gil refund when SE insisted times and times again that housing is an intended gil sink. I think the possibility to get gil back will only encourage purchase from people who don't really want a house that much, whereas without a gil refund, one would think once or twice before making a purchase (especially when the purchase includes having to pay someone to leave, which is the absolute worst).

All in all, I'm glad to see unused houses empty, but with this much fore-warning, alerts and refund-incentives, I do wonder how many plots will actually free up... Certainly less than what we would've gotten if there had been no fore-warning.

if someone can afford a personal house besides that? Who are we to say "NOPE CANNOT HAVE THIS" while SE makes it possible. 

Players that pay for the game.

SE made it possible to keep houses indefinitely. We complained, and said "NOPE CANNOT HAVE THIS," and SE changed things accordingly.

if someone can afford a personal house besides that? Who are we to say "NOPE CANNOT HAVE THIS" while SE makes it possible. 

SE made it possible to keep houses indefinitely. We complained, and said "NOPE CANNOT HAVE THIS," and SE changed things accordingly.

THIS.

Still nothing being changed about FC leaders owning their own personal house besides technically holding the FC house as well. Honestly, I have never ever seen anyone being mad about this back on my old server, but for people on Balmung being pissy about it due to us roleplayers putting so much more value on it.

And it is not as if they can be stopped if they would implement it, unless they would make it an account wide lock, seeming alts are a thing as well. People with lots of gil will always own houses one way or the other, but FCs being screwed over is regrettably, but think about it, how many FC leaders own a house besides their FC house? I know... one? It isn't going to solve anything but for pissing a few people off for the sake of a very few others on the large scale of things.

Start making gil, and you too can find your personal house until SE conjures up a better solution; this is but a step towards fixing it, but people who worked for their houses, why take it away from them?

Why don't you just live in the FC house like most other people? Why do you need an entire other house for your character to live in when your FC house has rooms available and as the leader you have all the control?

Seems pretty greedy. It's better to think of others. TBH, I'm of the opinion that housing should only belong to FCs anyway, because it's more beneficial to share than to hog an entire structure that could house 20 people all to yourself.