Your Character's Chocobo

Riven

400x557http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/seekingidlewild/ffxiv_11112015_022754-1_zpsbaegqxme.png[/img]

Meet Lucienne, Solenne's chocobo. Solenne raised and trained Luci from a fledgling and is very attached to her. Lucienne is an unusually calm and well-mannered bird. A bomb could go off near her without ruffling her snowy white feathers. She's the perfect mount for a lady who loves to get into mischief.

Virara's chocobo is Tebasaki, or "chicken wing," as he is both a mount and a possible emergency food supply. With shedding plumage, an unsightly crooked beak and a huge, ungainly frame for his breed, Tebasaki looks and acts like the egg kicked from the nest. Because he is an ill-natured bird with an independent spirit, he frequently bites or throws Virara off. Perhaps Tebasaki somehow knows Virara is very interested in how he'd taste fried. Luckily she is durable. She seems to think the ugly, huge, shedding "crow" is very affectionate to her...

When not summoned, Tebasaki goes flying and enjoys high places, and looks for mates with mixed success. Maybe he's the rolling stone of the Ishgardian flock? He wanders far and was improperly raised by novice chocobokeeps in the shroud, not realizing he was the flying variety from the north.

Oliwat's chocobo is an incredibly twitchy and cowardly bird called Clang, named such because loud noises seem to frighten it (unless it's beating its beak against Oliwat's mammet, which is a certain noise it seems to enjoy instead). Oliwat found him after he had run away from his previous master in the middle of Coerthas, and chased it around for an entire evening trying to drag it back to the Observatorium. After no one came to claim him, Oliwat decided to keep him instead.

Ada's chocobo is a draught named Wildheart, named such because when she went training up in Dravania, she saw the bird fighting off several Aevis that were trying to make him their lunch. The bird wasn't winning by any means, but he was putting up a good effort. Following a bit of tag-teaming and bandaging afterwards, Ada ended up taking the bird along with her, though it still maintains a great deal of independence; sometimes he simply wanders off, forcing Ada to wander around Thanalan looking for him.

Goliath is an Ishgardian-bred destrier, entrusted to Percevains by Yvelont before the latter disappeared. He's a dark roan in color, large enough to carry a Roegadyn rider if he'd allow one, with a disposition that can only be described as 'fierce.' He's only recently starting to tolerate Percevains' presence, and still won't allow him to saddle him. While still in possession of his previous owner, he would only allow Yvelont or his wife, Rivienne, to do so.

eOsDgbU.png

He also makes a fairly decent guard in a pinch.

Lothaire's chocobo Moosh is a purebred Ishgardian war steed, tall and not all that nice (just like his owner!). One wonders how someone like Lothaire got himself such an expensive pedigreed mount, but when asked Lothaire simply gives nonanswers and changes the subject.

Eleni's chocobo is a snow white female named Mimi. Eleni initially met Mimi when she was under Cingur's care, giving him a hard time. Mimi was initially very frightened and troubled, and refused to trust anyone. Despite this, Eleni decided to take up Mimi as her chocobo. After what was a long time, and a fated event in which Eleni put her life at risk to save Mimi from a Morbol, the young chocobo finally developed an inseparable bond with Eleni, that to this day is intact. For Mimi, Eleni is now everything, and in Mimi, Eleni has a lifelong best friend. 

As Eleni likes to say, "I never figured out why Mimi was so hostile towards people, but I guess she chose to forget her past. Because I'm going to be there for her, and I'm going to give her a bright future. That's my promise to her."

(Fun fact: Mimi is actually based off of my own white faced lutino cockatiel, also named Mimi :) )

Kurt's Chocobo is just as a foolhardy and reckless as the man himself. His name's also Butts, no seriously, it's as like to butt heads with things as it is to claw them. In fact it's more inclined to headbutt things. A sort of manifestation of his owner's* head-first methodology, damn the consequences.

An example is flying. He can't do that and that almost got him and his owner seriously injured once upon a time, but tried all the same. At least the Northern regions just have more powerful winds that his futile flapping gives the illusion of flight.

*Do note the bird thinks Kurt was born solely to be an errand boy.

Liadan's Chocobo is a snow white bird she acquired from the Adders. She named him Courageous in hopes that he'd inspire her to be a bit braver than she felt she was (she considers herself a coward).

Courageous is quite courageous, and is much better at physical combat than Liadan could ever hope to be. He's also territorial and mean to people he doesn't know (which is like, everyone...damn outsiders!).

He gave the Crows quite a bit of trouble on a certain bridge in Thalnalan. :lol:

L'yhta's first chocobo was named Shera. She picked him (or her, Shera and the previous owner didn't volunteer and L'yhta didn't check) up from a farmer in Summerford Farms for a song, mostly because he was annoyed that the chocobo was more interested in strutting around than pulling carts. The two of them got along well, with Shera deigning to let L'yhta ride him (her?) around as long as there was proper pampering at the end of the day. Unfortunately, Shera was rather old and not well-suited to the cold of Coerthas, so now (s)he lives at the Tower, threatening vegetables in the garden.

Her current chocobo is a blue one named Tempest, acquired through the Maelstrom. Tempest is brave to the point of being foolhardy, just like his new master, and likes tracking down and investigating "interesting things" -- whether those are monsters caught out of the corner of his eye or smoke clouds in the distance. He's loyal and follows orders, but he'd rather be running around and exploring than anything else.

L'anayla's chocobo is a Ul'dah chocobo she named Blaze. Up until the point she rode him for the first time, she'd never gone that fast, and L'anayla discovered she likes going fast. Blaze can't really complain- he seems to like running all over the place too. Blaze generally tries to support L'anayla in combat, but can have a little trouble moving through confined spaces and tight turns- and L'anayla seems to love weaving in and out in close-quarters rather rapidly. When the two of them are resting, L'anayla doesn't hold back with the greens. 

Blaze is also "friends" with L'anayla's wife's chocobo, Dorp, whom they're quite sure is mentally challenged with his tendency to try and attract the attention of anyone and anything with his constant "Wark!"-ing. Unfortunately this usually means monsters. In these cases, Blaze will usually try to help Dorp survive the encounter.

Delial is not very sure what all to make of her chocobo, Vigil. The man who sold it to her assured her that he is a male of fine, hardy stock that was just reaching a season or two beyond ideal for lugging wagons and caravans all over Thanalan and beyond. The asking price, he insisted, was very fair - extraordinarily fair, even! - considering he still had plenty of life left in him for other, smaller tasks, such as ferrying stunning ladies from here to there provided said stunning ladies were not necessarily in need of getting from here to there in record time. So what if he was a little less friendly than some of the other birds? Nobody, beast or man, is perfect.

Given that at the time, Delial was in need of [generally] fast transport that didn't involve leaving a trail of easy to follow transactions from one settlement to another, it seemed like a bargain.

Vigil has spent most of his time since in one stable or another, in the hands of people who might actually know a thing or two about chocobos and how to keep them happy. Delial is less fond of chocobo riding than she thought she would be and mostly just has him delegated to light pack bird duty when she's on the move.

The most notable of my characters' chocobos is probably Avenger - Chachan's chocobo. A little runt of a red-feathered bird even compared to most others, to the point that most folks consider the little guy not much more than a fledgling. He's oblivious, friendly, and loves to race. And all his racing with Chachan (usually with his mentor and riding instructor, Roen) has made the little guy pretty darn quick.

However, the thing about him being a fledgling? Turns out that was kinda accurate. Problem is that he was fledging draught chocobo. So when he hit his growth spurt while Chachan was busy being a shut-in with some of his smithing... it left the Lalafell kinda surprised when he went to go take the bird out for a run. Avenger's still oblivious, friendly, and keen to race... he just also happens to be larger than the birds Roegadyn use to ride. And doesn't seem to realize that fact.

(I'dve taken screenshots of the RP I've done with this "discovery" but I only have the default Draught instead of the Amber... so we've kinda been handwaving away his color. He's totally red, I swear!)

Meanwhile, his brother has Annelace, a white-feathered hen that was cast aside for being barren. However, she still retains a hen's instincts and thus is very protective of smaller creatures - like Gogonji. As such, she can get surprisingly aggressive in combat when her rider is involved, and is more than willing to kick, bite, peck, and kick up dirt and stone in order to chase off enemies.

peppergrass (or pepper for short) is clio's ic mount. she's a dark purple bird she was able to acquire though....some rather questionable channels and was a loving companion for quite a few number of years. after meeting erik and fury the first time; she became attached to the concept of having a bird of her own and got one sent to her about a year after she had left thanalan the first time to return to ala mhigo. there pepper wasn't used for combat so much and more there for clio to take care of and ride from time to time. when she left and returned to ul'dah for good; she of course took the extra risk just to be sure pepper went with her.

by this point; pepper spends most of her days dozing and being a bit lazy in the stables as clio's more prone to use habanero but she's still fond of her bird and ensures she's taken care of and healthy.

Orieldis keeps and cares for her late brother's chocobo, Solracht, who still wears the barding procured before the Calamity. She prefers taking Solracht out when there are long rides on the way to collecting botanical samples, or if she is going to be traveling back to the areas of Moraby where she and her siblings were raised.

The sunrise must have been a little too bright this morning.

3fg6.png

Her company-issued chocobo, Artemicion, is her stalwart companion and hunting partner. They can generally be found together anywhere that Ishgard or the Grand Companies have issued Hunt Marks. Artemicion is an effective healer, and prefers to be independent when not carrying Orieldis. He does not like to wear barding most of the time.

He loves being out in the rain, though.

3fg5.png

Siha's chocobo Qhota has been with her since he was a gangly little fledgling, her clan acquired him in trade with a group of bo's that they intended to trade. The little guy was a bit more clumsy than his partners and seemed to fail in training so he was labeled food, needless to say Siha's bleeding heart snatched him up and refused to give him back. Her mother relented after much whining and gave her daughter the chick, so she spent her teens growing up with him. He loves her dearly and she him. As far as personality goes he's more like a puppy than anything, friendly to just about anyone, cheerful and curious. He also has it in his head that he's a charmer when it comes to lady 'bo but that's usually not the case...

The only other character I have with an IC chocobo is Ahdra and her scarlet bird she named Wasp due to his habit of pinching her as a child with his beak. He's on the larger side, intended to be a war bird, and was given to her as a gift. She rejected him at first and they had a rocky relationship but after the bird defended her at a key point in her young life she decided maybe he was alright to keep around. Now he spends his time traveling with Ahdra, harassing her unfortunate twin brother, hunting and fighting alongside his mistress.

[align=center]L1dnOSV.png[/align]

This here's Magnus. Following the Calamity, Fyrilsunn found himself a sailor without a ship. So he decided to start adventuring. One day he was walking past the chocobo stables in Limsa, and learned that they where getting ready to 'retire' an old charger. Fyrilsunn decided to take the bird, figuring it was still fit enough for his needs. He quickly found that the old warbird had plenty of fight left in him.

Magnus is crotchety, squawks at everything, and will nip your arse if you're not looking. But he's loyal, fearless, well trained, and has no qualms with pecking the shit out of a monsters face when called for.

Currently, the only Chocobo my character has IC is Omelette the Chocobo chick (Wayward Hatchling minion).  As I mentioned some time back in another thread, the name is because he didn't realize this was an egg about to hatch and said to the egg "You're going to become an omelette" as he cracked it open.  

He spoils it, with Omelette being one of the few beings he is willing to share his sweets with, so eventually it will be replaced by the Heavy Hatchling.

I haven't decided yet, but I MIGHT eventually replace that with the Fat Chocobo mount some time down the line (I own that mount and other mounts, I just haven't had my character acquire his own mount IC yet).

Gilles, Ninette's beloved chocobo, isn't a big bird really, but makes up for it in speed. It could be the equivalent of a very loyal dog having grown up with the heiress. 

He's a cut above most birds in speed and she prides herself for having raised (to a degree) quite the swift wing. In fact she felt a little lonely in Ul'dah when she had deserted, having resigned herself to the image that Gilles' thighs would be the first to go and everyone would be faster as a result. Except her.

She'd eventually reunite with the bird through her father uncle's merchant contact stopping by in Ul'dah as the heiress started her side-career as an adventurer. They're near inseparable in the field and are generally a deadly tandem. 

There was much rejoicing.