Your Character is the Actual Warrior of Light

Kaiya

How does you character deal with that responsibility? What do they do with the fact that they've been blessed with the power to contend with primals? How many quest givers do they tolerate before becoming the villains themselves?

All Kaiya wanted to do was read and now there are a bunch of people asking her to pick up their trash for them before she fights another demi-god.

S'imba would probably be easily molded into the scions wishes for him. Never questioning what they were asking him to do. He'd probably do all the mundane quests cause he has a problem where he at least tries to help anyone who asks him to do anything. 

Though I think he'd have a breakdown when the people he felt he had to protect started to sacrifice themselves to protect him, because he was the chosen one and had to be the one to survive. I dunno if he could handle being told to leave his friends behind to fend off certain death while he went to face down the next primal like the good little exterminator he was.

Nebula walked along, her hobnail boots crunching on the path as she smiled into the rainy autumn day. She was off to meet a lost princess and had high hopes that she would be a match for the reluctant frog prince currently sat on her head under her pointy hat.

She was the warrior of light, that was true. However, she had tried all that stuff, which seemed to amount to watching heroes fight villains of ever increasing power while she stood by and did nothing. So she had left them to it and focused on making a real difference instead.

And as if in agreement with her thoughts the reluctant frog prince gave a rabbit under the witch's hat.

My old Lodestone blog was about this, actually. Iris thought the Scions were misguided, especially after Ysyale. Still, she worked with them largely because bad things happened when she didn't. Also, her 1.0 girlfriend never came back to the game that I know of, so I said she died at Carteneau.

How does you character deal with that responsibility? What do they do with the fact that they've been blessed with the power to contend with primals? How many quest givers do they tolerate before becoming the villains themselves?

Aoi would gladly accept murdering primals non-stop. It'd most likely shock the scions she'd so willingly agree to kill them all and never ask questions about them.

As for the quest givers... Aoi would tell some of them to stop being lazy and would accept some of the other tasks, long as they paid her.

393x259http://img.pandawhale.com/85564-Daenerys-targaryan-khaleesi-cr-2TgK.gif[/img]

I see it being similar to this ^ for most anyone, Lili included. There'd be a lot she could tolerate for the sake of the people and making them happy and fulfilled but if it came to the safety of Eorzea? Nope. Not messing with it no matter how exhausted or annoyed she might have been with people prior.

She'd think of the abilities as more of a sign from Mama Crystal and the Twelve that she was meant to put such abilities to work for the good of others. That's what I imagine, anyways. Keeping it from turning into a TLDR because there's just soooo many facets to the Warrior of Light people don't think about.

Oh yeah at the company of heroes part Aaron woulda pulled up a chair, sat there and said "Either you tell me what I need to know or we all will die."

Like seriously if those people wanted to live they couldn't argue against that ultimatum. But noooo the real WoL agrees to go fetch cheese for knowledge needed to save the world.

What.

I've played a character with the Echo since 2.0, so I actually do have it in her backstory that Thancred a member of the Scions approached her in Ul'dah. However, a combination of greed for paying jobs and a desire to keep her independence as an adventurer and being flirted with made her turn it down.

There was a thread similar to this before, and in it I basically said Virara actually has the personality necessary to do all those random quests for people and is naturally pliable. She is agressive and brave/stupid enough to relish fighting a primal. Being WoL would give her the strength to do it. However she lacks diplomatic skill even compared to our mute protagonist. Besides that, I feel she lacks the moral fortitude to become a true hero.

"Yeah, I wanna be accompanied by ten siege weapons at all time, every major Scion that isn't Minfilia and diplomatic immunity. Oh..oh you wanna contest me? You really wanna leave your world to be destroyed? Yeah, didn't think so. Now..where are we on hunting for all the Soul Stone wielders? I need mah army."

Tin: "I'll do what I must."

Valia: "Of COURSE I'm the Warrior of Light. I will do this favor for you this one time." *glare*

That being said, neither are really the WoL thankfully. The story is background noise. Well, for Tin maybe it's more, "I may have done a thing... why are you looking at me that way?"