Media Tour Info Mega Thread

Kylin

A lot of pretty scenery there. I really liked the foggy swampish area of the Fringes. And I'm curious about that Jenga-esque tower that was dominating the background of the Ruby Sea area.

... And it looks like Kugane will have a legit hot springs area as opposed to the mostly medicinal one that is Bronze Lake. I'm sure folks will get a kick out of that.

/breathes heavily

Is this one of my Monk temple? Because it looks like it

017.jpg

Just bumped out its going to be an instance by the looks of it, but still. AVE IS GOING TO CRY

Japanese Article (Spoileros beware. Just the picture though. Unless you speak Japanese. Or you know. Do hilarious Google Translate on it.)

Has new crafter gear shown off as well!

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1062737.html

Example:

001.jpg

Basically today is the end of the embargo so everyone who was invited on the media tour is DROPPING THE BOMB

https://gamerescape.com/2017/05/31/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood/

Job Actions!

RDM

LBhzj9ze6_I

SAM

0T-5v6CkWGo

SMN

tvLhIMJEvaQ

BLM

ZetK6pi0Xdc

BRD

TR-yUodsTaU

MCH

gV1AmzXLZ_A

MNK

QIUyXs2hpT0

NIN

95gf_b-k2aU

DRG

Ninb6tRNbVw

DRK

8ktzoXqa178

PLD

C7Dz4BHUZmg

WAR

j9WAnW00CUI

AST

RKak8KZkgqg

WHM

Bh6K_81v4ds

SCH

qGE10nM_OQ8

Fishers are getting spears for gathering. It was mentioned in the last Live Letter (not the Battle system one). Cause, diving!!

Can I suggest making this the Media Tour Info Mega Thread?

Edit: Thank you Kylin!!

Gauges!

d7L-ApPIeXM

AF Sets!

1O7h6rMSkJ0

Role Actions!

3MqlCEiT-04

Mount Speeds!

X1t6R4Az2nk

Syldra Mount Preview

R5aSq3obCQI

Compared to the other DPS jobs, SAM, BLM and MNK are in a hard spot. MNK's party buff is pretty weak, only 5% with a long cooldown. SAM brings nothing as far as party utility.

SMN, BRD, MCH, DRG and RDM all have a lot more utility. Thanks to MCH still bringing that piercing debuff I think we'll see the meta go to PLD/WAR/NIN/DRG/BRD/MCH/SCH/AST. The only real change is swapping DRK for PLD since PLD got some crazy defensive buffs while DRK lost it's niche for being adaptable between OT and MT roles. If DRK damage can remain competitive to SIX FELL CLEAVES, LOL, then it's likely to take the OT spot.

It really depends on how crazy raid damage gets. If it's high, then DRK will OT. If not, then 2 more years of FELL CLEAVE, LOL.

Actually, revising that.

RDM can instant cast it's raise every other spell. That's some bonkers raid utility. It also enjoys the damage buffs from BRD/MCH and the debuff from BRD/DRG/MCH. That piercing and magic synergy is going to be insane.

PLD/MCH/BRD/DRG/RDM sharing the same damage sources and buffs? Oof, that's a stupid strong lineup. I don't think NIN can really compare.

RIP SMN and SCH.

I suppose one upside is that I don't have to worry about ripping AoE aggro from the Tank anymore on my Scholar.

According to the tooltips from the video, not only will upgrading from Bio to Bio 2 be a 5 potency loss (40 potency to 35, albeit a with duration increase from 18 to 30 seconds; both skill tooltips were unchanged), I had a double-take when I saw a Bio 3 reference. Which I'm hoping is a typo.

Very much hoping the numbers change between now and release.

EDIT: Just saw on the Astrologian video that Nocturnal Aspected Benefic gives a shield that is 300% of the HP healed, up from 170%. This is in addition to a healing potency increase from 190 to 200.

/salute Adloquium, you were a fine ability.

Well, my enthusiasm for the expansion has only risen to even loftier heights. To say that I'm excited would be an understatement - and I'm so pleased that it looks like there's a lot of sizeable settlements suitable for RP this time around. Heavensward had some, certainly, but they were few and far between and not necessarily situated in relatively 'civilised' areas.

Yeah, I can't say I'm super worried about what classes are or aren't the meta (I play PLD/DRK, sometimes DRG, and soon to be SAM), but the zones look great and I don't just mean the cities! Hopefully we'll be able to see more 'adventure RP' happening as well (obviously depending on MSQ shenanigans and whatnot).

And man, SAM looks SO good. I am a little bummed that DRK might lose it's niche but I'm still going to play the hell out of it too. :D

Changing Oaths takes 50 points, looks like a cap of 100. Gauge fills by doing Sword Oath Damage or Blocking Attacks.

I mean, I still think Bulwark is trash but at least it's going to serve to help speed the process along despite being completely inferior to Passage of Arms come level 70, due to it's better block rate / cooldown / duration but there's still time to adjust it! RIP Stance Dancing.

I can't be the only one who is surprised/LOVES they made the new map layout smooth and connected like this.

hc5so3kj3w0z.jpg

I just have wanted this ever since I started playing and secretly wished they'd do it but I was so caught off guard they did it for SB. I never understood the maps and whenever I opened the actual "world map" of FF14 to try and make sense of it, I sort've got it, but I always wondered about the areas in between or just how much of a portion a certain area was of it. Like how much of the (north/east/south/west) Shroud is actually of the whole black shroud? Same for thanalan and etc. I know in ARR they actually had the zones you could travel to that took too long and they changed it but this was all I think we ever needed. Sure we can't actually physically go to the paths in between, we don't need to, same with the corners and gaps, but we at least understand "where" everything is. The map finally pieces together nicely instead of assuming with the one we have right now. It's so insignificant of a change probably but I love knowing the world's maps as if they were real. Having them all available to teleport to at choice is great too.

It's good to see that Square Enix keeps nerfing AoE because they don't like people not wasting time in their boring-ass linear hallways speedrunning  dungeons.

About that. Apparently, those dungeons are getting reduced! We're down to only one in odd numbered patches.

http://www.mmorpg.com/final-fantasy-xiv/previews/stormblood-preview-dungeons-new-jobs-and-the-underwater-world-1000011766

As far timing of patches post Stormblood goes Yoshi-P said they plan to keep the 3 – 3½ month cadence they have currently been doing. He said it seems to be a good rhythm for the players which keeps them from either feeling like they run out of things to do too quickly or feel overwhelmed with content. It is also a good cycle for the developers because they can consistently put out high quality content without killing themselves. The current plan for what these patches will contain is odd numbered patches will have one dungeon and some other new content while even numbered patches will have two new dungeons and QOL improvements.