4.2 Glamour Wardrobe, Relic Armor, etc.

it's about damn time

ETA: Just read that you'll only be able to store 200 items and save 10 ensembles. And once you store an item you'll lose it forever. If true then yikes.

I feel like this xpac has just been one huge merry-go-round of

"Hey! that's cool! I can't wa....!

Awwww.."

ETA: Just read that you'll only be able to store 200 items and save 10 ensembles. And once you store an item you'll lose it forever. If true then yikes.

See, that was what I was worried about. The "losing the stored item" thing. Because unless that's clearly marked or something... you could end up with someone storing a very rare item (such as, say, a Relic weapon) for glamour and then losing it.

I know there's stuff to help circumvent that (Calamity Salvagers will stock holiday event items and such you've had before, and there's replica Relic weapons too)... but it could be quite troubling if you end up accidentally overwriting one of the items or something.

So, I could see this helping free up some bag space for your glamour-only items and such, but I feel like our gear pre-set "alternatives" are still going to be pretty dominant.

... At the very least, if you're RPing in a high-level area where mobs could aggro onto you, the ensemble option may help keep you from being out there with, like, 2000 HP.

I think we can get multiple glamour commodes, but it'll still mulch the item. Something tells me they won't be phasing out the current glamour system either.

It's still an improvement, but not the best system when they could likely generate a glamour log, cache it to the client, and verify with the server when someone adjusts it/makes a new glamour.

I really hope i can keep the item. I do not want to get rid of certain items like makai stuff that someday i may be unable to get back. T_T

Isn't the Makai stuff resold by the Calamity Salvager? They did say Armoire items also can't be used in the new system, which makes me think the current isn't going to be going away. ...but a commode can at least hold those items we kept -only- for glamour like dungeon drops for roles/classes we've long out-geared.

Except if I believe a friend that watched the stream, you'll still have to use glam prisms (of a single type). If so, it's going to be super cumbersome for RP and i'll have to continue filling up my armory bag with easily swap-able pieces...

I really hope i can keep the item. I do not want to get rid of certain items like makai stuff that someday i may be unable to get back. T_T

Isn't the Makai stuff resold by the Calamity Salvager? They did say Armoire items also can't be used in the new system, which makes me think the current isn't going to be going away. ...but a commode can at least hold those items we kept -only- for glamour like dungeon drops for roles/classes we've long out-geared.

The ones available from GS cannot be dyed, so I wouldn't want those necessarily.

The ones available from GS cannot be dyed, so I wouldn't want those necessarily.

I haven't/hadn't done the PvP to get the fancy ones, but I thought those were the ones in the Salvager since Gold Saucer NPC appears to still be there?

Someone with the gear would have to verify.

I haven't/hadn't done the PvP to get the fancy ones, but I thought those were the ones in the Salvager since Gold Saucer NPC appears to still be there?

Someone with the gear would have to verify.

The PVP Makai gear can definitely be repurchased from the Calamity Salvager. Only after you get a full set and achievement though. Once you get the achievement, you can safely toss the gear and then repurchase for like 100 gil a piece any time you want. This applies to each individual set/achievement.

You will still you a glamour prism to add the item to the commode. Glamour prisms are being merged again though, so they won't even be per-crafter-type anymore.

You mean you use the prism before putting them in the commode? Mh, might be good then I guess.

You will still you a glamour prism to add the item to the commode. Glamour prisms are being merged again though, so they won't even be per-crafter-type anymore.

You mean you use the prism before putting them in the commode? Mh, might be good then I guess.

Yes, that's what their slides seem to imply.

The basic gist of the new system is you'll use the single-type glamour prism to add that item to a glamour commode (200 slots each, detroying the item used.) Then, you'll be able to make glamour ensembles with items stored in the commode and your armoire.

I feel like they might've been better off just giving us a glamour log that categorizes ALL available gear in the game, based on items the player has in their invetory/retainers/armoire, but SE didn't seem to go this route. (Even though the log format would likely be a single bitmask for everything and pretty light on bandwidth as opposed to having to retrieve an item that can store any 200 item IDs that have to then be retrieved, but this is programmer griping.)

DRFlpt6UQAACy5k.jpg

DRFmHUBUMAM5LXe.jpg

DRFndWbUEAAGxXX.jpg

making it so the item is destroyed is actually really smart from a developer point of view.

1. The game doesn't have any money sinks aside from crafting and housing, one of which hardly anyone has access to. Making it so glamour gear is destroyed will make the gil sink better, as in FFXIV thinks aren't soulbound unless you fight, so people can always sell back their glamour piece when they don't like it anymore (I know I've done that multiple times). With gil being so easy to get for people - judging by how easy it was for people to get large houses - this is a pretty necessary change. The glamour outfit market may skyrocket, but I still feel like this is needed to keep gil out of the economy.

2. It makes the game more "playable" Once you get to cap and you see a piece that drops, do you use it for glamour or do you keep it for actual gear? Do you save it for an alt job or do you use it for glamour? This will make people want two copies of one outfit, making content last longer during that downtime right before the next patch. Farming for glamour pieces will probably become more prominent too, since all those clothes won't take up inventory space anymore.

I LOVE the glamour system in WoW so I'm super excited about this.

certainly fasntnig how the dev team attempts to provide player-requested features and qol updates while dealing with the constraints of 1.0's remnant chinese spaghetti code. neat implications behind the system working like an expanded inventory if it works how i thinks it does. while 200 cap is a shame, it's still a decent amount (until you take accessory glamours into account, but you're an actual fuccboi if you need more than one or two glamours per accessory) that'll take some amount of time to hit, especially with players fumbling around considering whether they want to melt an item for their glamour. regarding melting items for glamours, i really don't see the problem. certain items will definitely not be eligible for the glamour wardrobe in order to keep the regular glamour system from being made completely redundant or for gameplay reasons (see: dev team's busy getting pulled off the game in order to work on ffxv). with how the vididido gam's item progression is handled, you really don't need to hang onto muh i70 green and can toss it into your glamour wardrobe with reckless abandon. hECK, even for bragging items like the primal weps or golden saucer or mogstation whale shit, you still need the item to glamour in the first place, now you've just got the item stashed away in a secondary inventory available for use whenever you remember the commode is a thing.

when's 1h/2h thm/cnj glamours yoship you shit

snip

FFXIV 1.0's inventory system was pretty different. It did have limitations, but not in the same way 2.0 and later did. While a lot of things did stay the same, the inventory wasn't one of them. And partially why the Calamity Salvager NPC was made. There wasn't enough space in the original inventory for all the 1.0 items a player could have. Not to mention dyes and glamour weren't implemented. Dyed gear in 1.0 was unique per item as opposed to the changeable interface we have now.

Community: "We want a better glamour system. The one we have sucks super hard and eats up all of our inventory."

Devs: "What if we give you 20% more inventory?"

Community: "I mean, that's kind of useful, except I have so many glamour items on my retainers that it really doesn't solve the problem, it just means I can carry a few more of my glams without needing to run back to my retainer."

Devs: "Well, we'll overhaul the glamour system, then!"

Community: "Hooray!"

Devs: "Here you go!"

Community: "This... is the same glamour system, mostly, except now it wants to permanently eat items. Which, okay, I guess that means I can go to my retainer a little less often again, but then the glamour thing isn't really very flexible... why not just retire the existing system altogether?"

Devs: "You're welcome! :)"

Community: "That isn't really an answer..."

Devs: "Please look forward to it!"

Community: "To... to what?"

Community: "We want a better glamour system. The one we have sucks super hard and eats up all of our inventory."

Devs: "What if we give you 20% more inventory?"

Community: "I mean, that's kind of useful, except I have so many glamour items on my retainers that it really doesn't solve the problem, it just means I can carry a few more of my glams without needing to run back to my retainer."

Devs: "Well, we'll overhaul the glamour system, then!"

Community: "Hooray!"

Devs: "Here you go!"

Community: "This... is the same glamour system, mostly, except now it wants to permanently eat items. Which, okay, I guess that means I can go to my retainer a little less often again, but then the glamour thing isn't really very flexible... why not just retire the existing system altogether?"

Community: "That isn't really an answer..."

Devs: "Please look forward to it!"

Community: "To... to what?"

u4LeQTk.gif