"Ugh I need to update my character's Wiki"

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game_cg-hisui-maid-mecha-mecha_hisui-melty_blood-official_art-takeuchi_takashi-the_big_o-tsukihime-type-moon.png

One thing I like about Wikis is that I enjoy reading what other characters and their players perceive about events. How did they perceive such and such actions. Is it even close to being true?

I also laugh when some of them are just so wrong I can't stop.

Well, I think they're useful, especially for me (I feel bad for not having any up for Zhi, but laziness). Zhi is the type who goes around looking for rumors, and pays for information that's not necessarily easy to get hold of. So those rumors when applicable (obviously if they're being spoken in Ul'dah it would take quite a bit of digging and speaking to the right people for her to get hold of them) I have used them as part of her knowledge base.

So it's more than just ego, it's good for rp!

I agree! Rumors are great for RP! The ones I craft for my characters are for exactly that. RP hooks that can be used! Actually I think wiki a a whole is a huge RP hook for others to draw upon.

I too also love putting rumors on other people's wiki's and love reading them on mine as well. Because it does show that different perspective from another character's POV of how they perceive interactions and characters. And if they are a bag if mixed rumors, positive and negative, all the better! 

I also like to update rumors depending on things that have happened recently.

And yes, I have read rumors and said... "GAH I need to play with them more." 

... Then struggle to come up with an equally cool rumor that I haven't yet, I think you know who you are.

I mostly just need to keep up with whatever random junk Verad is selling at the moment. Keeping the wiki updated in that regard gives me an incentive to keep making new things to sell.

I should probably add more Relationships as well, and dumber rumors. Or other people can do that! I am quite lazy in that regard.

And yes, I have read rumors and said... "GAH I need to play with them more." 

... Then struggle to come up with an equally cool rumor that I haven't yet, I think you know who you are.

This.

Thirded.

Fourthed. Also I really need to update my relationships section. Maybe over my lunch break.

More disclosure: I intentionally left out a relationship section specifically to avoid forgetting to update it or neglecting people.

Hah! I'm actually staring at mine now, deciding who I'm going to add this time around. I usually add four or five people every update.

I know the feeling. :) I'm constantly checking it, tweaking, looking for people I know to put L'yhta's comments in their rumours section, checking to see if someone's linked to her...

I'll rumor you if you rumor me? I know we haven't met IC, but... I can fake it! :angel:

Since I actually overheard a public IC conversation last night that constitutes a rumour about your character, you're getting a rumour from L'yhta now whether you reciprocate or not. :)

Minus a few recent events I think my wiki is actually finished or rather up to date ... I do need to add a few minor things but nothing that would effect anything besides the character anyway D;

well and i guess if you were that poor sod that over heard whatever conversation that went on last night in Limsa heh.

Since I actually overheard a public IC conversation last night that constitutes a rumour about your character, you're getting a rumour from L'yhta now whether you reciprocate or not. :)

Hah, nice! I'm curious about that conversation now.. Coatleque rarely leaves Thanalan. And is quite stern about the range of her jurisdiction when she does.

Hah, nice! I'm curious about that conversation now.. Coatleque rarely leaves Thanalan. And is quite stern about the range of her jurisdiction when she does.

Whisper Down the Lane. Just takes one person going "I bet she's the head of security here" for someone else to hear that she's the head of security in all of Ul'dah, then Thanalan, then...

I'm content to merely hold up that pillar, though.

It really just occurred to me that I should be adding rumors to people wiki's, since I overhear a lot of them...

I'd been meaning to ask you about that. Kept flipping through entries on the wiki and going, "this person's in the Quicksand all the time... wonder why Aya hasn't...?"

LOL.

Whisper Down the Lane. Just takes one person going "I bet she's the head of security here" for someone else to hear that she's the head of security in all of Ul'dah, then Thanalan, then...

Pretty much this. :)

L'yhta was running through Ul'dah, as she does (being a person who, more or less, runs everywhere), when she overheard a couple of people (wish I could remember the names :) ) mentioning Coatleque "the redhead," then one of them replying that he thought she handled security at the Piquant Pumpkin in addition to the Quicksand, then other saying that he thought she was working for the Drowning Wench and a couple of other taverns now, too...

...and so now L'yhta is curious about this person she only knows by first name who's apparently in charge of security for most of the taverns around the city-states. :)

It's the same reaction I got when I first changed Kage.

Loads of /tells going "WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Some not so good.

Most of them just made me more aware of just what kind of staple presence a Lala on a railing makes. xD