Balmung is open!

Blue

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The server is still open and I managed to not only make my character but two extra,

(Standard Hyur guy one. And Standard Doman unisex named hyur girl 1 <- Figured I might try Au Ra when it comes out) So I won't ever have to do this. Ever. Again.

Hey all, is there some secret to catching the server open for new characters? I've been trying unsuccessfully for days to get a PC made here. Even woke up at 6AM this morning in the hopes it would be free that early.

Up at 5 and 6 every morning for the last few days and no luck. This has to be the dumbest and most frustrating character creation system in the world of MMOs.

The server has been up since 1.0, of course it's hard to get into. Patience is key.

Or you could just pay a fee and transfer your character.

Oh I get that it's populated, but I already have a PC on Balmung. My brother gifted me his old Legacy account with years worth of veteran rewards on it, and he already has a PC on Balmung. I just think it's a not very well thought out system, if your account already has a PC on the server than why limit new PCs? It's not like you can be logged into multiple characters at a time.

And yeah I considered transferring, but you can't transfer to an already full server. So I'd just be running into the same issue at a later point when it's potentially worse.

Anyway, I'm still waiting and haven't given up hope yet.

And yeah I considered transferring, but you can't transfer to an already full server. So I'd just be running into the same issue at a later point when it's potentially worse.

You can actually transfer to get around the restriction, I think. I was on Cactuar and transferred whilst creation was still closed on Balmung in the character creator.

Does anyone know when the next maintenance will be? One of my friends is trying to get on but if it's not this week then perhaps transferring is their best bet.

I also have a friend trying to sneak an alt on at the next maintenance.  He's tried several times when the Lodestone listing said it was open, but got to the end to find it was still closed.  =[

But it is true that you can avoid waiting for a server to open by transferring - that's what myself and a friend did on the same night!

Interesting, so basically the guidelines for transfers on the FF site are false? 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5e22a13a4cef224e9e50ad9beb4c3d8619e086af

* Characters cannot be transferred to a World which has already reached the limit for character creation.

Yeah.

I wouldn't say that technically. There's a difference between "limit" and "restriction." When character creation is restricted they're saying "the world is currently too active." It's a very soft cap and is eligible to change. That's the bouncer outside "da club" that only lets "hot chicks" in. If you say there's a limit that's the fire marshal driving over, telling you you're at capacity and to shut it down, because legally or physically, no one else will fit in the building.

Orrrrrrrrrr they could be lying to cover their butts just in case your transfer fails for some reason. Either way!

Now is the time to refresh like crazy! There's a 3 minute waiting period for each refresh. Good luck!

If you don't get in now, wait for the end of the maintenance. There is a thirty minute to three hour window for getting characters in. Though I'd caution everyone to avoid waiting until awhile after they open and zerg your characters into the game ASAP.