Balmung is open!

Blue

Because it means a prohibitive cost (wanted to say large, but if they're running on that kind of outdated hardware I'd say it wouldn't be that bad a cost), a long ass maintenance and in so far as SE is concerned, they don't care where you play the game so long as you play it.

Hard to play it if you can't get on the server you want. A "long ass maintenance" is rather a negligible excuse. At worst it would be 24 hours, and maintenance time shouldn't be something holding them back from improving the game; it's kind of a given. The only real one would be cost and honestly... if they don't want to afford actually up-to-date hardware, that is just not cool.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just made my alt a minute before 1:00am CST, felt good :'D That being said, any who are interesting in making toons should try again within exactly three hours! You may luck out!

I managed to get in, myself, at exactly 1 AM. Er, 11 PM, or whatever.

So now nothing should stop me from logging in, if the Character is made, right?

(Provided the game isn't in maintenance.)

Right. You might sometimes get a small like... 10 man queue, but that ends in like a minute

I GOT IN AHAHAHAH.

FEELS GOOD TO CRAM IN TWO ALTS IN THE SPACE OF A MINUTE.

HEYYYY, YOU FINALLY GOT YOUR KITTY IN? YEAAAAH! HIGH FIVE!

Yes I did, ahh so happy! I also go another character in. DOUBLE SUN POWEEEEERRRRRR

Well DAAAAAANG, look at you go, man! So jealous you got them right in before closing.

I GOT IN AHAHAHAH.

Yes I did, ahh so happy! I also go another character in. DOUBLE SUN POWEEEEERRRRRR

Well DAAAAAANG, look at you go, man! So jealous you got them right in before closing.

Power of the task manager. Create character >force shut down FF14 >pray to god maint hasn't happened>create character 2 >pray to god maint hasn't happened >put character 2 in Balmung >cry tears of joy.

I GOT IN AHAHAHAH.

Power of the task manager. Create character >force shut down FF14 >pray to god maint hasn't happened>create character 2 >pray to god maint hasn't happened >put character 2 in Balmung >cry tears of joy.

Easily the most accurate description and struggle of getting characters into Balmung, ever.

Bugger, I missed it. I was too busy sleeping :P On Cactuar I shall remain for now then.

Keep an eye out for when maintenance ends! That's usually a good time to get in as well! Don't worry!

Mhm, I'll be keeping an eye out, though I suspect I won't be able to log in when maintenance ends. Not being at home until 1½ hour after maintenance ends may end up being a problem.

But who knows! I may get lucky!