Balmung is open!

Blue

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got up early, but Balmung is still closed. The rest are opened. I made a character on Gilgamesh just to grab that spot. But, now I'm still watching Balmung like a hawk this morning. It's 8:20AM. Gonna watch it til at least 10AM I think. Is that a good plan?

There is a valid (but expensive) alternative, I had a friend who couldn't make a character. Instead he rolled a character on Gilgamesh and transferred it over to Balmung, it seems that the transfers aren't affected by the lockdown (as otherwise stated on the official site). As such he managed to transfer whilst the server was still locked, though he did transfer in the EU afternoon so, very early morning for yous. Though from what I can tell it's not the lockdown on creation that affects transfers. The catch is that the character has to be 3 days old (24hrs x3) and then it costs money.

And then you must pray that you do not get caught behind error 401 as my other friend has :/

This is so frustrating.:frustrated: I've been trying to get a friend to try out FF XIV via a trial. I wanted to make an alt with him to level...but neither of us seem to find openings. Is it sad that at 6 am EST I was all, "Ok now can everyone log off so we can have  a space in this game?:sleepy:"

I guess we'll just have to use a different server which sucks because generally like to stick to one server.

This is so frustrating.:frustrated: I've been trying to get a friend to try out FF XIV via a trial. I wanted to make an alt with him to level...but neither of us seem to find openings. Is it sad that at 6 am EST I was all, "Ok now can everyone log off so we can have  a space in this game?:sleepy:"

I guess we'll just have to use a different server which sucks because generally like to stick to one server.

6 AM weekdays will usually do it. Now that we're out of the holiday season, and everyone's going back to work? You should be able to do it.

6 AM weekdays will usually do it. Now that we're out of the holiday season, and everyone's going back to work? You should be able to do it.

Yeah..Ended up just going to Jenova for now since he doesn't want to waste his trial waiting (he wants to try out the game to see if he likes it) I guess if he likes it he can always transfer or create a new character once the holiday hype dies down. :moogle:And if I get too attached to my alt character I guess I'll pay the moneys to transfer her too. :P I guess either way Square Enix gets my $s. lol

The way I've always done it (and my friend did this during the holiday too) is 8AM EST--while I was getting ready for classes (I have 3 characters on Balmung juuuuuust in case.  Two are for RP, one is not, for now).  

With transfers, I tried it once and it was around 4PM EST and it took all of instantaneously to do it.  Your character just needs to be 3 days old on some other server before transfering.  The transfer times do not match to the server lock times, from what I've seen.  it's $18, yes.  But if you really want to be on Balmung and don't want to make a character super early in the morning, that is your best bet.

I just started playing (or attempting to at least), but it seems it's incredibly difficult getting into this server. I figured because I already had a character on Balmung from V1.0, I'd be able to create characters on the server, but apparently not. I thought about just playing on another server and then transfer later, but I discovered they don't accept Paypal anymore, which is my only way of paying. Which means transferring is out of the question.

Is there any other reliable way to get on the server without having to waste weeks of game-time by not playing?

I just started playing (or attempting to at least), but it seems it's incredibly difficult getting into this server. I figured because I already had a character on Balmung from V1.0, I'd be able to create characters on the server, but apparently not. I thought about just playing on another server and then transfer later, but I discovered they don't accept Paypal anymore, which is my only way of paying. Which means transferring is out of the question.

Is there any other reliable way to get on the server without having to waste weeks of game-time by not playing?

I hear waiting until just before maintenance or right after maintenance (this might be a bit trickier) usually works. If that's not your cup of tea, Gilgamesh also has their own roleplaying community.