Balmung is open!

Blue

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balmung was open as of 10:35 ish AM british time. I managed to create a character. Probably wont last, good luck!

I got to the point where I could name my character and then got denied -_-

Same here. I was hoping to create an alt but the same thing happened last time. The window of opportunity seems to get slimmer each time.

This was with me saving the appearance in advance and having a designated name in mind.

From what I've seen others reporting, Balmung stays open for only a matter of minutes (probably only as long as it takes to check the current population that's already logged in) before closing.

Some people I know have been saying they see a flood of bot-named characters, which means our server's likely getting flooded with gil farmers the moment it gets back online.

Same here. I was hoping to create an alt but the same thing happened last time. The window of opportunity seems to get slimmer each time.

This was with me saving the appearance in advance and having a designated name in mind.

I've got that same plan that I try whenever there is a maintenance (if I'm awake at the time just before or after maintenance).  I actually have a notebook next to my computer desk with 10 alternate names just in case my first choice is taken (and if ALL of them are taken, then I can just start swapping first and last names from the list).

• 3 weeks later...

[[mod note]]

Please only use this thread to post if Balmung is currently open (or recently closed) for Character Creation. There are a handful of users that use it for email notifications.

For discussion on getting into Balmung, please use one of the discussion-oriented threads, most recently, this one.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12737&highlight=balmung+open

[[end mod note]]

Balmung is open.

Unsure if is still is as of this post.

9:43pm +12GMT (New Zealand time)

Nope.

Lame, I just made an alt too.

Yeah, it was open for literally less than two minutes this time. I didn't even get a chance to make my usual sample alt.

• 2 weeks later...

This still going? I'll be watching stuff if someone updates this. xD

I could be mistaken, but it seems Square has taken to outright blocking Balmung through character creation. At least if their news tab is any indication. Your only bet would be to go through with a transfer.

Ah, I thought the O needed to be marked for transfers or creations? If not, I think its good news for me because I plan on transferring from Gilgamesh. I have a level 20; dont think I'd feel like leveling again, rofl. xD

I probably just need to continue to wait, since my character doesn't show up in the drop down box. :)

Thanks for the clarification! :3

This still going? I'll be watching stuff if someone updates this. xD

I could be mistaken, but it seems Square has taken to outright blocking Balmung through character creation. At least if their news tab is any indication. Your only bet would be to go through with a transfer.

Ah, I thought the O needed to be marked for transfers or creations? If not, I think its good news for me because I plan on transferring from Gilgamesh. I have a level 20; dont think I'd feel like leveling again, rofl. xD

I probably just need to continue to wait, since my character doesn't show up in the drop down box. :)

Thanks for the clarification! :3

Transferring from another server bypasses the block. So you can do it any time. Your character probably didn't show up since they just finished maintenance. Check today and you should be able to pay for a transfer. ^^

[[mod note]]

Please only use this thread to post if Balmung is currently open (or recently closed) for Character Creation. There are a handful of users that use the forum's subscription notification via email.

For discussion on getting into Balmung, please use one of the discussion-oriented threads.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12737&pid=210382

adding in: Because Balmung has not been generally open since the launch of Heavensward outside of small maintenance windows, I will be locking this thread when there is not an active/recently ending maintenance window.

If an unexpected/emergency maintenance occurs, please click the report button and/or notify an active mod on the site to unlock the thread for notifications.

[[end mod note]]