Balmung is open!

Blue

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I actually did that last night.  Is there a maintenance schedule somewhere?  Sorry if that's a dumb question lol.  I haven't played since 1.0.:blush:

SE tries to notify of all planned maintenances on the "new" Lodetstone.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

I don't see any upcoming ones, but emergency maintenance is a thing, and will probably happen from time to time. They'll also report that, but due to the nature of such a thing, they should be rare and inconsistent.

Also please note that emergency maintenance usually follows within a 24- to 48-hour span of any major patch. The more content they add and the more changes they make, the more likely they'll discover and hotfix an issue.

I've been trying to get on since I bought the game a few weeks ago. This past week, I've been checking during the late night/early morning time slots. Now I have a level 46 on another server, which frustrates me, since I still haven't got on Balmung, and I refuse to pay the transfer fee, but leveling up another character doesn't sound fun. Damn you, Squeenix!

I don't mean to come across as rude, but can people please stop bumping this thread unless it's to alert others that the server is open? Most of us have this thread subscribed specifically so we can get an alert when the server is available and every time someone posts in here (this post included) it gives everyone waiting false hope.

I don't mean to come across as rude, but can people please stop bumping this thread unless it's to alert others that the server is open? Most of us have this thread subscribed specifically so we can get an alert when the server is available and every time someone posts in here (this post included) it gives everyone waiting false hope.

This. I've learned! Also, from what I've seen, maintenance is the best time to get in. Transferring is also a good way to get in if you don't want to waste your game time. Trust me, I waited ten days, every morning, trying to get into Balmung before the maintenance finally swooped down. It's exhausting, not good for your health, and in the end it wasn't worth it because the server continued not to open in the mornings despite the waiting. Getting in, on the other hand, is very worth it. Balmung is a great server.

EDIT: I've made this thread if you're here to talk about Balmung restrictions, and not here to say that Balmung is open. I most definitely recommend posting there instead of here as not to defeat this thread's purpose!

Cross-posting to let people know when they can try to jam in:

At the following time, in order to accompany patch 2.5 hotfixes, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

*Please be advised that you will be unable to make reservations for Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding from the time maintenance ends until Jan. 30, 2015 1:00 a.m. (PST).

[Date & Time]

Jan. 28, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Jan. 29, 2015 2:00 a.m. (PST)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]

- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Remember to try and have your appearance data already saved to speed the process up! As the maintenance window approaches people log out en mass, and once servers come back up is also a great time to try and slip in.

Good luck future Balmungians!

Your chance getting in is highest NOW!!! If you haven't saved a character in the appearance data or this is your first time in ff14, go start making your character now!!! You have until 5 minutes before the maintenance which is 20 minutes from now

Once you are almost done creating your character, Balmung is obviously not available. Do not worry, keep pressing the refresh button. Do this for twenty minutes until you are in. 

If this doesnt work, Balmung is open right when the maintenance is over 3 hours from now. I'm sure the gill spammers are doing the same.

Good luck, I look forward to leveling up with you!

Your chance getting in is highest NOW!!! If you haven't saved a character in the appearance data or this is your first time in ff14, go start making your character now!!! You have until 5 minutes before the maintenance which is 20 minutes from now

Once you are almost done creating your character, Balmung is obviously not available. Do not worry, keep pressing the refresh button. Do this for twenty minutes until you are in. 

If this doesnt work, Balmung is open right when the maintenance is over 2 hours from now. I'm sure the gill spammers are doing the same.

Good luck, I look forward to leveling up with you!

Damn, didn't want to have to wake up at 2 hours from now :( But seems like I am going to have too... Q^Q I was able to see Balmung open at 1:03 but when I entered my name it was like "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" then closed my FFXIV xD

Hoping the opening as soon as balmung starts will not be as small as I imagine it will be :/ I didn't expect this opening to be literally like a minute. :< A minute where I was still on the refresh while the option was available. Any advice for a person living on central standard time? Wake up at 2:45 or 2:30 or something? When should I be trying to get in and how long will the opening be? (From experience)