Tiergan's Red Lotus Story Arc + FAQs

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick heads up!

To make it easier for me to keep up with everyone, if you wrote something in the Sisters of the Red Lotus thread that requires me to give you some clues on what's going on (like your character is inquiring about the Sisters with an NPC or is experimenting on the stone) -- feel free to send me a quick PM with a link to your post so I definitely know it's there and can respond. :> I don't want to accidentally miss stuff!

A couple of folks have asked, so I thought I would clarify:

The Sisters of the Red Lotus aren't super-duper secretive in the sense that you can't send them mail or ask to arrange a meeting. ;3c

(You'll just uh, have to deal with me using one of my alts if you end up wanting to meet with one of them or one of the Brothers of the Red Lotus.)

Some more things I forgot!

1) It seems a spirit and will be wandering around Ul'dah tomorrow at 3PM EST.

Perhaps you'd want to swing by and see about their Terrible Fate. :3c

2) Help Me Find You. ;A;

For the past two weeks (or more in some cases!), I’ve been trying to hunt down people to friend-list them for my plot, but I just can’t manage to be online at the same time. The size of everything is also getting a little big, so if I can’t hunt these people down soon, I might just drop them from the list to make things easier on myself.

If you see your name down below, please send me a PM on when is generally the best time to find you!

Also, if you don’t see a ‘title’ next to your name, it means I still haven’t gotten the 5 animals/objects that represent your character yet. Please send’em over!

Ezhara Jinkjahl - The Lynx

A’zireena Treon - The Lance

Nahctgeim Elilabylwyn - The Coin

Sylvan Rain

Gideon North

Anya Atalanta

Zana Mewrilen

Oliwat Kokiwat

Orrin Halgren

Y’aaris Rowe

Lorel Silverfloe

Savarah Ardyn

So sorry Tier, been outta town for the week and haven't really had access to laptop. x.X

Availability wise, probably late afternoon-midnight EST is when I'll be around, every day of the week. But I'll put that in the availability poll thingy to try to make it easier. Anyways, in thinking about ze 5 things...

1) Grimoire

2) Leaf

3) Chocobo

4) Aether

5) Flames

Also, can detect aether, being a summoner and all.

HEY GUYS, ULTRA OPTIONAL INFORMATION REQUEST

Please PM me ONE thing your character either really deeply desires OR deeply wants/misses, but cannot have.

I will not share this information with anyone. Tiergan will not know this information. Only a certain something will, and it will only interact with you when the time comes.

I had a realisation a while back that a lot of folks signed on to this because they are a lot like me: A little shy and unsure of how to really jump in and RP with new people who are strangers. I am really slow at Rping and have a lot of real life stuff on my plate, so it takes a lot of time for me to reach people.

Thus, I had an idea - if you have the free time and the willingness (I understand that not everyone has the time to engage with folks all the time so this is entirely optional) please message me if you would be down for RPing with other random folks associated with this plot. I will be making a small tweak to my story soon that will give folks an excuse to interact with total strangers. Everyone will be able to look at the list of folks who are open to being poked by strangers and be able to have a ready excuse to interact.

Perhaps someone on the list is a person you have been wanting to RP with forever, but you never really had the chance until now.

If you are extra super duper shy or just generally have trouble hunting down RP for various reasons, you can also mention that in your message "Tier, halp me!" and I will randomly assign you a buddy who also requested help.

If you are the TOTAL OPPOSITE of shy and have an easy time winding up balls deep in RP but you would love helping a shy person out, I will match you up with an rper in need as a kind helper. :3

Chachan's looking for people who might know more about the stones and share information... as such I could totally see him somehow bumping into one of our shyer folk! And he's friendly enough that I think he might be able to coax an RP out of them or two! :thumbsup:

Chachan's looking for people who might know more about the stones and share information... as such I could totally see him somehow bumping into one of our shyer folk! And he's friendly enough that I think he might be able to coax an RP out of them or two! :thumbsup:

He should totally get to know one of his FC-mates better. Franz might not be very aether sensitive himself, but he's book-smart! ...and he'll bake friendship cookies. Everyone loves cookies, right?

He should totally get to know one of his FC-mates better. Franz might not be very aether sensitive himself, but he's book-smart! ...and he'll bake friendship cookies. Everyone loves cookies, right?

Kage tried to get Chachan to talk to Franz >.>;

Ah, he did, didn't he? Well then.

You will be poked in the near future, good sir. /salute

Ah, he did, didn't he? Well then.

You will be poked in the near future, good sir. /salute

It was something like "Mention the elezen name to him!"

Me in Kage voice: If that damned garlean don't get it... /facepalm

It was something like "Mention the elezen name to him!"

Me in Kage voice: If that damned garlean don't get it... /facepalm

(ogod I'm completely blanking on the Elezen name gaaaaah.)

I mean... err... um... sure.

Oh, hey Tiergan. As a thought. You mentioned that the Sisters aren't exactly a hidden organization. Maybe add a bit to the OP that says what might be readily available for folks to find? Might help cut back on the random PMs for general information.

You could probably extend this to basic details about the stones if someone were to take them to a readily accessible source - such as the Jewelsmith's Guild or the Ossuary.

I still need to meet a certain Miqo'te male friend in-game about things T_T

Frhanz'ir Kirche, the reason why I call him by his real name in-game -_-

Don't blame the character. Blame the character's parents for being over-eccentric. At least the older sisters turned out ok.

On topic, Franz is quite content having received the shiny. It even got a wiki entry.

UPDATE: The first post on this thread has been updated with more information, a complete list of participants, and an FAQ.

Additionally, to help give everyone an excuse to RP with one another, your gemstone will now pulse, hum, spark, or do any other strange and unusual reaction (feel free to be zany and creative!) when close to another person carrying a gemstone. It doesn't happen every single time - thus if you RP constantly with someone who also carries a gemstone, you can tailor when it happens so it does not disrupt other RP - but occurs at random without any real indicator of what triggers it.

If two gem-holders draw too close when their gems are reacting, each of them will experience a sudden echo of memory and emotion from the other person that is related to their 'Defining Aspect' (the one I asked you to give me ages ago that is central to your character.)

For Example: Let's say that Tiergan and Leilani are gem-holders and Tiergan's defining aspect was "Rage" while Leilani's was "Joy".

When they encounter each other and draw too close, Tiergan would be hit by a vision of memory/emotions from Leilani that exemplifies Joy ...while Leilani would be hit by a vision of memory/emotions that exemplify Tiergan's Rage.

Feel free to peek down at the complete list of participants on the first post. If you see someone you've always wanted to RP with, feel free to give them a poke and ASK them if it would be alright to engage them in RP. If they say yes, awesome! Meet up in-game and have fun with the world's quirkiest ice-breaker in the form of memory-sharing rubies.

Please keep in mind that many of these people may be busy, have obligations that prevent them from RPing with every single person, or otherwise may not be able to RP with you. If someone declines or is otherwise unable to RP with you and you act like a twat about it, I will immediately eject you from the story.

If you are particularly shy or just need a little help getting going, you can message me and I will stick you on a special list where I eventually assign you a buddy that you can hunt down and RP with.

If you're super outgoing and never have problems getting RP, but you would like to help shy folks RP, you can also let me know and I will add you onto the list as a helper of shy folk.

I am quite comfortable helping people who are more shy. <3 

I plan to make an information 'master post' for Ezhara's character so that people can find her information easier / see where she's at. That'll be located on my tumblr when I make it and I'll let people know here. 

I am suddenly so glad that I joined in on this!

I try oh so very hard to roleplay in a manner that denies my rp partners access to Kero's thoughts. I try to convey what she may be feeling by body language more than anything. I have the opportunity to dredge up old RP's and re-write them directly from Keroa's perspective, with her thoughts and feelings added in.

This is so refreshing. even if I never resonate with another gem holder, writing these memories out in advance has been a truly enjoyable experience.

*Cough* Tiergan. Still haven't gotten any sort of letter. *cough*

I'm so glad you posted here, because I completely forgot your RPC username, couldn't find you in-game, and wasn't sure if I actually met you on tumblr. It was driving me crazy.

SENDING MAIL NOW!

Small update: If only one person has a 'reacting' gem when near other gem-holders, only their memory-vision thing will transfer to the others.

This way, you're not forced to write up a new memory for every single person who wants to meet your character for the first time using the gem as an excuse.

Also, I've just started coding boot camp. My time is extremely limited and I'm exhausted. I'm sorry if things don't really progress anywhere, but I thank you for your patience.